“I have found my visits to the Blue Wing to be always enjoyable, with fine food and service there.”

Blue Wing Saloon & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Upper Lake
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Blue Wing was opened in 2005 on the site of a well known local saloon of that name that operated from the 1880s until the 1920s. It is separated by a relaxing garden from the fully restored Tallman Hotel. A full bar and seating inside is complimented by seating in the garden and on a heated veranda. Quality food and drink is served in a relaxing atmosphere at lunch and dinner seven days a week. Live music is performed at Sunday Brunch, Sunday Supper, Monday Night Blues and for the special $20 Tuesdays.
Reviewed August 9, 2013

The owners are fine people who have created a lovely combination of inn and adjacent small eatery, with a lovely outdoor-porch setting in the middle. First class owners here who have created a first class place to visit.

Thank water loving Gr... C
There are newer reviews for Blue Wing Saloon & Cafe

Reviewed August 5, 2013

totally remodeled building with old world charm. great place for indoor and outdoor eating for food and drinks. awesome bar! they had live music when we were there just adds to the ambiance.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

This was to be our big night out while staying at a B and B at Clearlake. Well here is the good part. Staff very friendly and service was not an issue. What was an issue was the FLIES!
Seemed like each table inside had it's own fly or two. I know it is summer but this was unacceptable.
Ok now the food. Had a nice appetizer of cheese and sliced meats. Then a very disappointing spinach salad. Mostly spinach and inadequate amount of dressing and very little else. They can do better. My wife had the "homemade" pesto pasta. Again, sounds good on the menu but the proof is in the ingredients, seems like the kitchen staff was on a budget.
I would go back and give them another try. If we ever go back to Clearlake.
But the flies what a downer when you are eating.
Kudos to the bartender that was the best part.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

My husband and I decieded to eat at the Blue Wing for his birthday. We sat out side, very nice outdoor area. The menu is a bit strange to say the least. There wasnt a whole heck of alot to choose from I decided on the lamb pita, and my husband had the Tri tips. My food was very bland, no flavor. My husband liked his. Would go back for the nice setting but may opt for a hamburger instead.

3  Thank Aimeepetaluma
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Being the only restaurant open "in town" we decided to eat here after a long day in the car. What a pleasant surprise! Not only was the bar staff knowledgeable, but they had a great beer and cocktail selection. The menu was also interesting and offered down to earth Californian classics, some with a twist. I had the meatloaf which was excellent (and the portions were huge!)
Much to our surprise for such an out-of-the way town (we visited in October and tourist season was over) they even had live music! It was a perfect end to a long day and helped us relax before hitting the sack next door at the Tallman. It is almost worth a the trip back to this part of California just for this Restaurant and Hotel.

1  Thank Nina P