“We must have got the back up chef!”

Blue Wing Saloon & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Upper Lake
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Blue Wing was opened in 2005 on the site of a well known local saloon of that name that operated from the 1880s until the 1920s. It is separated by a relaxing garden from the fully restored Tallman Hotel. A full bar and seating inside is complimented by seating in the garden and on a heated veranda. Quality food and drink is served in a relaxing atmosphere at lunch and dinner seven days a week. Live music is performed at Sunday Brunch, Sunday Supper, Monday Night Blues and for the special $20 Tuesdays.
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Uncooked chicken satay, raw In fact. Burnt batter on what ended up overcooked fish and frozen chips. Yuk yuk ......they took both off bill after complaining but ruined a special night.
Shame for the hotel next to it we stayed at as they own both and hotel quite nice.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Fun outdoor seating area with live music and the food was pretty good too! Short drive to Upper Lake from Redwood Valley. I think we'll head back to try a Friday night dinner!

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Very friendly staff chatted with us when we ate dinner here two nights in a row. The pizzetta, veg polenta, and chevre salad were all excellent. Prices were reasonable and quality of food was excellent. They would get a fifth star if they had just a bit more selection. Since we were staying at the hotel next door, we could have eaten every meal here for days but the menu wasn't quite extensive enough.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Wonderful Sunday Brunch! Great special events.

cons: they need to warn folks about the mosquitos in the evenings!
One time had horrible service. I understand owners are looking to correct this.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

My husband & I heard this was a good place to eat... however we were disappointed with the menu, the prices (ball park prices for hot dogs!) and especially the service. And, even though I tipped 15%- which was more than she deserved, the waitress added to her tip and when I called to complain I was given a run a round. After several conversations the owner finally said, "Do you want me to send you a check for the overage?" in a very demeaning tone. I said "Yes!" It was the principle of the whole thing.