“Very comfortable”

Super 8 Upper Lake
Super 8 Upper Lake
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Upper Lake
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I really found this motel to be more than what I expected and the person at the front desk was very helpfull and he gave me the type of room I ask for.. non smoking...downstairs...and any size bed as it was just me....and I was tired... as I had driven more hours then I had intended....I also ask for a quite room away from traffic..and that is exactly what I got....everything was in such tip top shape...from the shower to the carpet....and best of all a comfortable bed ...and the next morning I ask for a late check out ...and that was not a problem either....
after reading the previous guest experiance it is hard to believe we stayed at the same place...but I do know from experience... that priceline is not the best place to rent a room through....so I would not blame the motel for the experiance...
anyway ...the next day I proceeded to the coast to visit friends...and again I stayed there to long...so I drove my weary self back on hiway 20 thinking I would stay somewhere along the way to interstate 5....but it was late ..and what a welcome relief to see the Super 8 sign ..so once again... I find the same very nice young man at the desk.....and he did remember me from the night before.....and my needs didn't change....and as it turned out he could accommadate me.. but with a front room facing the hiway....and I said ..ok.. I am tired.. so I took the room....and to my amazement I didn't hear the traffic once the door was closed....would I stay at this Super 8 again ....in a heart beat....and I also referred this motel to my friends who travel to the coast......so next time you travel hiway 20 and need a room..try Super 8 in Upper Lake...oh..I forgot to mention the rate....it was less then I expected.... and I got up to late to critique the breakfast....

Room Tip: Be clear in your expections...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Marlene10610
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Upper Lake

Reviewed February 3, 2011

I booked this hotel for my husband who was in a pinch and needed somewhere to stay in the area. I selected the lowest price option off of Priceline. My husband arrived and was given a smoking room. Being allergic to smoke he knew it must be a mistake. The man refused him a new room unless he paid $10/night extra (after cheking later I found the oline difference was $3).

I called the hotel and explained that I had selected the cheapest price, not a smoking room. Well it seems they list the smoking room at the cheapest price, like a trap. I explained that this was poor form and hung up frustrated. He then went to my husbands room, disturbed him, and asked that I email the itenerary to prove that I had "checked a box for smoking". Well I hadn't.

The next night they locked my husband out of his room. They had planned to give him the vacant-all-along room right next door to the one he was in, but no one had expressed that to him. So he came to the hotel after work, tired and still disappointed to find himself locked away from his belongings. Frustrated he refused the room in order to just get to his things.

This is the off-season in a "road-less-traveled area". My husband said he saw about 8 cars in the parking lot. It seems they had decided to wait it out and see if we would fold and pay more than anyone would have to online, before worrying about hospitality. The experience felt like we were being shystered by used car salesman.

Expext to pay extra for your amenities.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank Chelsers
Reviewed January 16, 2011

This is a family run hotel. Very friendly and they really make you feel at home. The rooms are recently remodeled and very clean. The wi fi works great. I have been coming up here for years and this is the best place to stay in Clear Lake. On a side note, they are pet friendly.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank LeeBW
Reviewed June 25, 2010

I don't expect much from a motel for $60 - but this is a very nice place. It appears to be family run and they were very nice. The pool and spa were a nice treat after a long days ride. The room was what I would expect, but the fridge and Microwave were nice. Also the curved shower bar on the tub was a nice touch. The breakfast was nothing special. I would recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank Dr_Adventure_01
Reviewed June 7, 2010

My wife and I had a lovely stay there while traveling from the Redwoods to our home in the valley. The rooms were very nice and clean. On the ground floor you could park right outside your room. We brought our little dog and she had lots of room to roam without fear of cars in the lawn area by the pool in the back. The only bad thing about our stay was the bathroom tube shower. There was a sign above the commode that explained how to turn on the shower. Well I thought I didn't need to read it. It turned out to be an awkward looking couple of minutes trying to turn the shower on. I have never seen anything like it. This humble experience was worth the price of the room.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank randrdodds
Reviewed October 6, 2009

We came to Lake County from Sacramento for a family gathering. Our family in Lakeport suggested we stay at the Super 8 in Upper Lake, and we're glad we did. Upon arriving at the motel we saw that the building looked new or had been recently renovated. Since we made reservation, check in was simple and quick. The clerk at the front desk was very helpful and knowledgeable about the area. He even offered to help with taking luggage upstairs since we had young children with us. As we entered the room, we were surprised to see how clean and fresh smelling it was. We were also surprised to a fridge (big plus when traveling with young children), microwave, hairdryer and coffeepot in the room. Overall great place to if you’re in the area.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank gfisher79
Reviewed September 8, 2009

I had stay here for work for two weeks. Stay away from this place at all costs! I would give this place 0 stars if it was possible. This place has bedbugs in at least 5 rooms (per other collegues' reports). Additionally, about half the towels had blood (and other dubious) stains. My shower was moldy and gross. During an inspection for bedbugs (which I found) I unfortunately looked under the bed - it had other people's trash in addition to dust bunnies, etc. The "staff" do NOT clean the rooms. They merely make the bedbug infested beds, if they happen to get to it. The pool is not regularly cleaned either.
The family that owns this place seemed really nice, but I guess they don't really understand the concepts of cleanliness and customer service.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
#4 of 7 in Lakeport
Rodeway Inn & Suites
Rodeway Inn & Suites
#2 of 7 in Lakeport

Been to Super 8 Upper Lake? Share your experiences!