“pleasant resort and trustworthy business NOT!”

GuestHouse Inn & Suites Upland
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Upland
Boise, Idaho
“pleasant resort and trustworthy business NOT!”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

My daughter and I visited and booked 3 nights. After the first night we checked out the next morning. What do I expect for an inexpensive hotel in comparison to others. I had my doubts when I was asked to sign a document releasing them of any liabilities for items that might come up missing in our room. Needless to say we never left our room.

Okay let's now talk about a night of neighbors talking outside of our door room from the common balcony walk area and then in the wee morning hours of 4 am a constant banging and knocking sound from the room next door that seemed to have lasted a few hours. A person would think that rabbits were next door. It made me disgusted thinking how I maybe sleeping between these sheets that may have had the same activity going on the night before and they possibly were never cleaned.....you know just tidied up and bed made. I wouldn't put it past this outfit.

The next morning we checked out and paid them cash for the night stay. We then went to the Marriot and booked the other 2 nights with them.

After returning home I checked my credit card activity to see if they jived with my receipts. That outfit of a hotel charged me 2 more nights stay there. I called them twice and they said I would have to talk to the manager of the hotel. I was never able to talk to him in person but I left a message and a return number and he never did return my call. So I called my credit card company and they reversed the charges for me. I am just so glad that I have saved all my receipts.

I will never stay at this hotel EVER again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank forever1spring
ksenanayake, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Upland, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at our property. We are taking steps to correct the issues that you have noted.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
London
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Arrived late at night after booking a hotwire (on route to Vegas) and needed somewhere to stay for the night.

We arrived at the hotel (was motel style) from the front it didn't look that big but actually went back quite far with many blocks.

The room and bathroom were dated but it was really just used as a quick stop over.

The hotel was quite nosey, I think they allow pets to stay in the rooms. The receptionist didn't seem to know what she was doing.

When I asked about wifi she looked blank. Maybe next time I would research more to find out what other hotels were in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jetsetter2727
We are very sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you for the feed back.
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Overall, the stay was decent. The lobby is reasonably nice and the breakfast was like a Hampton Inn breakfast. The main problem I had was that the hair dryer (attached to the wall) didn't work and when I asked about it, they didn't just have another to let me borrow. They were going to have to find one. It just seemed like an old dank hotel with doors that open to the outside. They did try to make it a pleasant stay, but I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Tucson, AZ
Reviewed August 20, 2013

My two-night stay was fine: spacious room (multiple places to put bicycles); furniture and beds in perfect condition; quiet at night; microwave, fridge, plumbing, and A/C worked perfectly. From a plaque on the wall I gather that it was once a Best Western affiliate. There's a restaurant on the premises, but it serves only breakfast and lunch, and didn't look very busy. There are plenty of fast food and casual restaurants nearby, along with convenience stores and a supermarket. Foothill Boulevard was once US Route 66, though in this vicinity not much of the old local color remains.

The continental breakfast was meager: only a bowl of apples and a case with grocery-store pastry. But we got a Best-Western-class room at Motel-6 prices.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
los angeles
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I had booked a room at this hotel due to it being close to where we needed to be for business. Upon entering the neat and spacious reception area we thought that we made a good decision in choosing this hotel for our 2 night stay....We Were Wrong. We entered the room which was dated to say the least...then we checked the bathroom and that was a mess!! Unfortunately due to the hour of the night we just decided to tough it out. The next day we debated on finding another hotel and since neither of us were familiar with the area we sadly chose to stick it out. When we returned, we came back to a room that was completely untouched! Housekeeping entered the room but never so much as emptied a trash can. I called the front desk to get the matter resolved but I got nothing but excuses - "If there are bags on the bed they won't make the bed." So when there are 2 beds and only one has bags on it because it wasn't slept in the housekeeping person just takes a peek and moves on to the next room (allegedly)? Their remedy was to send a guy to our room who said, "What do you want?"... I said to him, "A room that has been serviced." He then left and returned with a trash bag containing towels (I won't say they were clean because a hand towel had some type of stain on it), toilet paper, and some basic toiletries. Never once did an employee provide an apology or provide an ounce of customer service. If You Stay At This Hotel... You Will Regret It.... We Sure Did!!! (We also notified via email their corporate office...no response from them either....Surprised?? I don't think so.)

Room Tip: When choosing a good room, choose a different hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank imouttie

Travelers are raving about these Upland hotels

Ventura
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We took a group to this place, and it was a disaster. Every room had problems. One room was over a party with strippers. One person had to change room three times because there was ants in one room and smoking in another. One person had to endure a barking dog all night. What we learned as that this place was used for section 8 housing and a lot of families were living there semi-permanently. The breakfast consisted of danish from a bag and some apples and oranges. It is not a place to bring the kids.

Room Tip: You can't win.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Collette K
Alabama
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Driving solo, cross-country (East-West) car trip. Stopped in Upland, CA to meet some people who were staying at this hotel, otherwise would not have chosen this motel. First time stay at this motel and probably the last. Requested non-smoking. Was assigned a double bed non-smoking with a small fridge. Rooms are somewhat dilapidated. The young lady at the front desk was helpful and accommodating yet slow at processing registrations. Took 15-20 minutes. Wifi okay. Breakfast served but did not partake.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Upland
Azure Hotel & Suites Ontario Airport
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn Rancho Cucamonga/Ontario
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn R...
#1 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Ayres Suites Ontario Mills Mall
Best Western Plus InnSuites Ontario Airport E Hotel & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ontario Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Ontario-Airport

Been to GuestHouse Inn & Suites Upland? Share your experiences!