“Save yourself the trouble!! Do Not Stay Here!!”

GuestHouse Inn & Suites Upland
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Upland
los angeles
“Save yourself the trouble!! Do Not Stay Here!!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I had booked a room at this hotel due to it being close to where we needed to be for business. Upon entering the neat and spacious reception area we thought that we made a good decision in choosing this hotel for our 2 night stay....We Were Wrong. We entered the room which was dated to say the least...then we checked the bathroom and that was a mess!! Unfortunately due to the hour of the night we just decided to tough it out. The next day we debated on finding another hotel and since neither of us were familiar with the area we sadly chose to stick it out. When we returned, we came back to a room that was completely untouched! Housekeeping entered the room but never so much as emptied a trash can. I called the front desk to get the matter resolved but I got nothing but excuses - "If there are bags on the bed they won't make the bed." So when there are 2 beds and only one has bags on it because it wasn't slept in the housekeeping person just takes a peek and moves on to the next room (allegedly)? Their remedy was to send a guy to our room who said, "What do you want?"... I said to him, "A room that has been serviced." He then left and returned with a trash bag containing towels (I won't say they were clean because a hand towel had some type of stain on it), toilet paper, and some basic toiletries. Never once did an employee provide an apology or provide an ounce of customer service. If You Stay At This Hotel... You Will Regret It.... We Sure Did!!! (We also notified via email their corporate office...no response from them either....Surprised?? I don't think so.)

Room Tip: When choosing a good room, choose a different hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank imouttie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Ventura
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We took a group to this place, and it was a disaster. Every room had problems. One room was over a party with strippers. One person had to change room three times because there was ants in one room and smoking in another. One person had to endure a barking dog all night. What we learned as that this place was used for section 8 housing and a lot of families were living there semi-permanently. The breakfast consisted of danish from a bag and some apples and oranges. It is not a place to bring the kids.

Room Tip: You can't win.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Collette K

Travelers are raving about these Upland hotels

Alabama
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Driving solo, cross-country (East-West) car trip. Stopped in Upland, CA to meet some people who were staying at this hotel, otherwise would not have chosen this motel. First time stay at this motel and probably the last. Requested non-smoking. Was assigned a double bed non-smoking with a small fridge. Rooms are somewhat dilapidated. The young lady at the front desk was helpful and accommodating yet slow at processing registrations. Took 15-20 minutes. Wifi okay. Breakfast served but did not partake.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Washington
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This hotel is in serious need of updating and cleaning. The rooms are filthy. The rugs are dirty, there was hair on the bathroom floor, and mold on the bathroom ceiling and walls. The sinks, countertops and bathtub were not very clean. I did not dare take off my shoes to walk around the room and would have worn flip flops to shower if I had brought any.

One of the worst things is that the light above the bathroom sink has a motion detector. My husband got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and the light turned on, flooding the room with light and waking up the rest of us. What were they thinking?!

Don't plan on getting a good night's sleep here. Aside from the light, the room is not well insulated from noise. You can hear all the traffic and people outside as well as the people in the rooms above and next door.

The rooms are not that expensive which is why my husband booked wanted to try it but it is not worth the $30/night savings. I will NEVER stay in this motel again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LHHWA
GuestHouse1191, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Upland, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Greetings,
I really appreciate you taking the time to write to let us know about your unpleasant experience you had at our hotel The Guesthouse Upland.
While we strive to deliver the most comfortable and enjoyable stays we take our guests comments to heart and learn about our deficiencies and it better for our next guest
I assure you that our management is taking you concerns seriously to put a plan to upgrade our guest rooms to meet the needs and comforts of our guest.
I would like to ask you personally not to give up on us and hope that you will consider our hotel in your future visit to Upland

Nabil Soueidi
GuestHouse International Hotel & Suites
1191 E. Foothill Blvd., Upland, CA 91786
Telephone: (909) 949-4800 - Facsimile: (909) 931-7857
Nsoueidi@hotelpros.biz
Upland, California
Reviewed March 17, 2013

First room i got was old and dirty with a mold in the bathtub jets. Second room was also dirty with a very dirty cabins, big stain in the carpet and a lot of bugs. I picked up a bugs and went to the front desk and the reaction was like this was not the first time. She promised me another room inside and i agreed to stay one night more wile waiting for better room. Next day there is another person in the front and she dont belive me that there are bugs in the room and almost accuse me of being liar. So i go to the room an pick up around 7 bugs in a glass and went back to show her. I was polite and watched out that other guests did not see what i had. I did not get the room i was promised and got another room. Yes the 3rd one.That room was much better and i could finally go to shower. I had to spend $25 on bug posions to keep bugs away. Also the only time i went to the restarunt i got out when i had my orange juice because it contained some kind of black thing.

Room Tip: Second floor is better
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Inland Empire
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I booked a room at the GuestHouse in Upland for my Son and his young family who were coming to town for a wedding. I had stayed at the property years ago, and it was a good experience. Prior to their arrival I called the hotel several times, went by the property three times, and was shown several rooms. I upgraded the room, and the week of the wedding phoned and again went by to insure that my family was given a nice, clean room. The day they arrived was hectic, and although the room was dirty--soiled carpet, run-down, mold and mildew in the tub/shower, etc--they chose to stay rather than move to another hotel. The fees included breakfast, but when they arrived at the breakfast room the next morning--Wedding Day--the beverage dispenser was broken, only muffins were offered, and they were told that "we are waiting for the truck to arrive with breakfast." Oops. No breakfast, and a long day to come... After the wedding I checked out the room my family was given and spoke to the manager and the desk clerk. The room they were given was NOT the one I had booked! I was told that there were two other rooms, and that they could move to a different room. Upon inspection, the rooms were all dirty, with soiled carpet, mold and mildew in the bathrooms/shower enclosures, and generally run down--peeling paint, poor caulking, pretty nasty. Kitchenette was small, dirty, and uninviting. Dinette was missing two chairs. All in all, a very poor experience in spite of my efforts. I would have moved them to another hotel nearby but all similar hotel rooms were booked AND the hotel would not refund our money... DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU WISH A CLEAN, QUIET LOCATION or if you want breakfast... I later learned that although they had a smoking room several people stood outside their door or nearby and smoked, and the smoke from those "guests" other nearby smoking rooms was disgusting.

Room Tip: Go to a hotel or motel chain that has quality customer care and stay away from Upland, CA. Do not tr...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Donald I
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed four nights at this hotel and the good news isthere was no bugs. The place was reasonably clean and the pooland spa were fairly nice.

Not so great was the breakfast was a joke. They have a dinner there, but they only serve these tiny muffins (which don't taste very good) and some 'off-color' fruits; along with coffee and juice. Also, the water pressure in the shower was not very good...but it was nice and hot.

The UGLY...a maintance guy walked right into our room without even knocking! He said he came to fix the shower, he did fix a small leak and then left. It really bothered me that he just walked right in like that. So, I advise you NOT to leave anything of value in the room just in case.

THE REALLY GREAT...the lady at the front desk was super nice and helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Upland
Azure Hotel & Suites Ontario Airport
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn Rancho Cucamonga/Ontario
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn R...
#1 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Ayres Suites Ontario Mills Mall
Best Western Plus InnSuites Ontario Airport E Hotel & Suites
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Claremont
Embassy Suites by Hilton Ontario-Airport

Been to GuestHouse Inn & Suites Upland? Share your experiences!