“Meeting Place”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Upland
Alabama
“Meeting Place”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Driving solo, cross-country (East-West) car trip. Stopped in Upland, CA to meet some people who were staying at this hotel, otherwise would not have chosen this motel. First time stay at this motel and probably the last. Requested non-smoking. Was assigned a double bed non-smoking with a small fridge. Rooms are somewhat dilapidated. The young lady at the front desk was helpful and accommodating yet slow at processing registrations. Took 15-20 minutes. Wifi okay. Breakfast served but did not partake.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

This hotel is in serious need of updating and cleaning. The rooms are filthy. The rugs are dirty, there was hair on the bathroom floor, and mold on the bathroom ceiling and walls. The sinks, countertops and bathtub were not very clean. I did not dare take off my shoes to walk around the room and would have worn flip flops to shower if I had brought any.

One of the worst things is that the light above the bathroom sink has a motion detector. My husband got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and the light turned on, flooding the room with light and waking up the rest of us. What were they thinking?!

Don't plan on getting a good night's sleep here. Aside from the light, the room is not well insulated from noise. You can hear all the traffic and people outside as well as the people in the rooms above and next door.

The rooms are not that expensive which is why my husband booked wanted to try it but it is not worth the $30/night savings. I will NEVER stay in this motel again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LHHWA
GuestHouse1191, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Upland, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Greetings,
I really appreciate you taking the time to write to let us know about your unpleasant experience you had at our hotel The Guesthouse Upland.
While we strive to deliver the most comfortable and enjoyable stays we take our guests comments to heart and learn about our deficiencies and it better for our next guest
I assure you that our management is taking you concerns seriously to put a plan to upgrade our guest rooms to meet the needs and comforts of our guest.
I would like to ask you personally not to give up on us and hope that you will consider our hotel in your future visit to Upland

Nabil Soueidi
GuestHouse International Hotel & Suites
1191 E. Foothill Blvd., Upland, CA 91786
Telephone: (909) 949-4800 - Facsimile: (909) 931-7857
Nsoueidi@hotelpros.biz

Travelers are raving about these Upland hotels

Upland, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

First room i got was old and dirty with a mold in the bathtub jets. Second room was also dirty with a very dirty cabins, big stain in the carpet and a lot of bugs. I picked up a bugs and went to the front desk and the reaction was like this was not the first time. She promised me another room inside and i agreed to stay one night more wile waiting for better room. Next day there is another person in the front and she dont belive me that there are bugs in the room and almost accuse me of being liar. So i go to the room an pick up around 7 bugs in a glass and went back to show her. I was polite and watched out that other guests did not see what i had. I did not get the room i was promised and got another room. Yes the 3rd one.That room was much better and i could finally go to shower. I had to spend $25 on bug posions to keep bugs away. Also the only time i went to the restarunt i got out when i had my orange juice because it contained some kind of black thing.

Room Tip: Second floor is better
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Inland Empire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

I booked a room at the GuestHouse in Upland for my Son and his young family who were coming to town for a wedding. I had stayed at the property years ago, and it was a good experience. Prior to their arrival I called the hotel several times, went by the property three times, and was shown several rooms. I upgraded the room, and the week of the wedding phoned and again went by to insure that my family was given a nice, clean room. The day they arrived was hectic, and although the room was dirty--soiled carpet, run-down, mold and mildew in the tub/shower, etc--they chose to stay rather than move to another hotel. The fees included breakfast, but when they arrived at the breakfast room the next morning--Wedding Day--the beverage dispenser was broken, only muffins were offered, and they were told that "we are waiting for the truck to arrive with breakfast." Oops. No breakfast, and a long day to come... After the wedding I checked out the room my family was given and spoke to the manager and the desk clerk. The room they were given was NOT the one I had booked! I was told that there were two other rooms, and that they could move to a different room. Upon inspection, the rooms were all dirty, with soiled carpet, mold and mildew in the bathrooms/shower enclosures, and generally run down--peeling paint, poor caulking, pretty nasty. Kitchenette was small, dirty, and uninviting. Dinette was missing two chairs. All in all, a very poor experience in spite of my efforts. I would have moved them to another hotel nearby but all similar hotel rooms were booked AND the hotel would not refund our money... DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU WISH A CLEAN, QUIET LOCATION or if you want breakfast... I later learned that although they had a smoking room several people stood outside their door or nearby and smoked, and the smoke from those "guests" other nearby smoking rooms was disgusting.

Room Tip: Go to a hotel or motel chain that has quality customer care and stay away from Upland, CA. Do not tr...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Donald I
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed four nights at this hotel and the good news isthere was no bugs. The place was reasonably clean and the pooland spa were fairly nice.

Not so great was the breakfast was a joke. They have a dinner there, but they only serve these tiny muffins (which don't taste very good) and some 'off-color' fruits; along with coffee and juice. Also, the water pressure in the shower was not very good...but it was nice and hot.

The UGLY...a maintance guy walked right into our room without even knocking! He said he came to fix the shower, he did fix a small leak and then left. It really bothered me that he just walked right in like that. So, I advise you NOT to leave anything of value in the room just in case.

THE REALLY GREAT...the lady at the front desk was super nice and helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Oange County
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

I would like to say, I have seen a huge improvement in the Gueshouse Suites from previous years. They have made many changes and it's a wonderfull place to stay. I have stayed there several timesand am quite happy with the service ad accomidations. It's a great deal for the price.

FYI, ask for a suite you wont be sorry you did!!!!

Room Tip: one bedroom suites
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Olympia, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

I was very unimpressed with this hotel. Our room smelled like cigarette smoke, even though it was non-smoking, the beds were very hard, and the carpet had stains all over. The bathroom was awful - there was paint peeling off the wall, the tub had been caulked poorly and was leaking during showers. There was a stove and large sink, but no pots to cook with - very different from the other guesthouses I have been to. The breakfast had few options and closed at 9am. The clientele were also not the best as 3 out of 4 nights we stayed there, between 1am and 4am there were disturbances with complete disregard to time and location (domestic arguments, children yelling, etc) out in the parking lot. The few positives…the front desk staff were very friendly, the cleaning staff did the best they could with what they had and the water was hot with good pressure.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kablasha
Also consider these accommodations in or near Upland
Azure Hotel & Suites Ontario Airport
BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn Rancho Cucamonga/Ontario
BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn R...
#2 of 9 in Rancho Cucamonga
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Claremont
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ontario Airport
Ontario Airport Inn
Ontario Airport Inn
#19 of 41 in Ontario
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport

Been to GuestHouse Inn & Suites Upland? Share your experiences!