“A Neighborhood Surprise!”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Euclid Ave
Reviewed January 15, 2014

For months I regularly drove past this restaurant thinking that it was probably a less than intriguing storefront cafe. At the suggestion of friends, we chose Le Bistro for dinner one Saturday evening. The restaurant was booming when we entered and we were happy that we had called ahead for reservations. Each of our party of four chose a different entree, all of which were very satisfying. My favorite part of the meal, however, was the grand marnier souffle, a must to try, but remember to order it at the time you order your meal. For those who enjoy an alcoholic starter, be advised that the license is for beer and wine only.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Superb lobster bisque as a starter. The shrimp and mushroom crepes had a deliciously savory cream sauce. The braised short ribs were absolutely tender and very flavorful. The grand marnier souffle was as good as I've had anywhere and the crepes suzette were perfectly prepared. Both the salmon croque and ratatouille crepes were well reviewed by our guests, as well. A delightful surprise in Upland and one we all want to return to, frequently.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

I decided to try Le Bistro after reading the article in a recent issue of Westways Magazine. I'm sure glad I did! The lunch menu was quite extensive, which made it difficult to decide on what to order. Everything sounded so good! I started with the Lobster Bisque. I almost skipped it, because I thought the $9.95 price was a bit indulgent. I'm glad I treated myself! It was magnificent! For my entree, I ordered the Poulet aux Champignon crepe (chicken and crimini mushrooms). It was exquisite. The vegetable was green beans almondine. They were really good, too, and had a buttery flavor that I loved.

The service was also top notch. The beautiful French lady taking care of the dining room made the experience even better.

I am so grateful to have read the Westways article. Le Bistro is only 15 minutes from my office. I can't wait to come here often with co-workers. After all, there are at least 10 menu items I wanted to try! Bon Appetit!

1  Thank RaymondD
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Although small, tucked away in a strip mall, don't let that keep you away. This is truly authentic French cuisine. The pace at times may be a bit slow, the staff so friendly and attentive that you won't mind.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Definitely worth a visit. This is a lovely little French restaurant tucked in the middle of a strip mall in Upland, you'd never know it's there. The atmosphere was perfect for a quiet lunch or dinner, the food was delicious (my friend had the French onion soup, I had the chicken raviolis), and the service was great. Reasonably priced too. (Be sure to check the hours before you go, they close from about 2 to 5.)

1  Thank DRBTravels