“Interesting Gardens” 4 of 5 bubbles

16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Interesting Gardens”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

The Botanic gardens are always good to visit at any time of the year as there are plants coming out all the time. There are some specialist events like a rare plant day. All year round sculptures are an added interest

Visited April 2013

25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Peaceful place or a wander”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

The UoL Botanic Garden has always been a place close to my heart - I was a student at Beaumanor Hall in 1998-99 and the gardens were a place to sit and relax or work quietly back then. I now visit for a walk and to reminisce from time to time and, being older now and having acquired an interest in plants and gardening, I can spend ages looking at the plants and getting ideas for my own garden. On a sunny day it is a real escape and you forget where you are.

Visited April 2013
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Romantic and beautiful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

My husband took me to the botanical gardens just before our wedding to relax me. It is really quiet and nice to walk around the gardens as they are quite pretty and you could get lost in them. It is great to go there to take wedding photos too, but the weather needs to be nice as it can get quite muddy if its a wet day!

Visited April 2012
1 Thank tas_01g
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“An oasis of beauty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

I love this place. Years ago when there was open access I would take my children for a picnic and play in this delightful place. The gardens are like a treasure trove, you keep finding new and wonderful things around each corner/bush. It is at it's best when they have the 'art in the park' in the summer. The recent addition of a cafe has just enhanced what was always a great pleasure. Go - you won't regret it I promise.

Visited September 2012
england
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“what a welcome !!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

i went just down the road from where i live today to visit the gardens with my grandchildren on the gate was a collection for "heart link " which i always support but as i didnt know it was there hadnt taken my bag.one of the women on the gate was a "friend of the botanical gardens" and i couldnt believe how rude she was to me she said "do you expect life to be free !" well if thats the welcome the "friends" give you can keep your gardens !!. the only thing to see were the crocus and snow drops anyway and there were not as many as norm .......wont bother again !!

Visited March 2013