“A hidden gem!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Merville
The Alders Beach Resort
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I just came home from a months stay at The Alders Beach Resort. I had been looking for a place to "get away from it all", with no phones and no TV, and this place couldn't have been more perfect. The Alders is surrounded by nature, with the ocean out front and a forest behind. When the tide goes out, the beach is great for walking - it is a huge expanse of sand, and, in my estimation, is one of the nicest beaches that I have seen on the east coast of the Island.
The grounds of The Alders is perfect for families, with lots of room for kids to run on the lawns. There are picnic tables, Adirondack chairs, a fire pit and BBQ, plus the added bonus of a stunning view of the Coast Range across The Salish Sea, or, as we knew it in the old days, the Georgia Strait. When the tide goes out there is a huge, shallow tidal pool right out front that would be warm and safe for little ones in the summer time.
The resort itself is like some magical place from a bygone era. My cabin was new and the others are quite a bit older, but well maintained and well appointed - they are quaint and very charming, and all seem to have characters of their own.
The managers, Doug and Cheryl Short made me feel very welcome, and they were always very courteous about answering my many questions about the surrounding area and the history of The Alders. Plus, I don't think there was a day in the whole month that I didn't see them out and about doing regular maintenance on the grounds and cabins, as well as getting ready for a busy upcoming summer season. They are a great team!
So, if you want to take a step back in time, to a quieter, more gentle era, where the view is gorgeous and the air is clean, then I would definitely recommend The Alders.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
8  Thank Shima388

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Be aware if u r average income people with kids or pets they greet u with a smile but once someone with more money comes along they find any excuse to kick u out. I use to lobe this place beautiful scenery nice cabins but very rude and scandaless people...they quote u one thing charge another and then kick u out cause the people next door r paying more then u and one of our voices carry. No warning just u r out.

• Stayed: March 2013
6  Thank tyarashu

Been to The Alders Beach Resort? Share your experiences!