Crowne Plaza Silicon Valley North-Union City
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Union City
Oakhurst, Ca
“Nice Place”
Reviewed October 25, 2004

Stayed overnight on Friday in October, 2004. Front desk was very friendly and efficient. Handed me a bottle of water and USA Today as I finished registration. I was on a Hotwire reservation so you wonder how you will be treated. I needed direction to a local college and they didn't know themselves but turned on a computer for me and let me download instructions from there. We stayed in the Tower and did get some freeway noise but they had a 'sleep machine' that had ambient noise that was nice. The room was large (1 king bed) with desk and easy chair. Bathroom was also very large and interestingly had a weighing scale which I don't believe I have ever seen in a hotel before. Bed had six pillows on it and was very comfortable. Has a very large nearby (two blocks) shopping center that has just about everything including 5 or 7 restaurants of various kinds.

1 Thank Dave H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 18, 2004

I stayed here several months ago and found it to be very nice. The service was efficient and friendly, the room was comfortable, and the bed was nice, but the best thing was the Korean restaurant on site. It was terrific! The staff members were lovely and the food was delicious. The hotel is renovating some areas, but I didn't notice any bothersome noise. I would stay here again without hesitation. If you are there on a Saturday, drive down toward the bay on Alvarado-Niles Road and check out the farmer's market in Downtown Union City. It was a blast.

1 Thank spap
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 23, 2004

The Front Desk Staff was very helpful with directions once I checked in. I found the service to be among the best anywhere!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 13, 2004

I stayed here, my 1st and last time, the rooms were dirty, the housekeeping was a young mexican man, who didn't speak any english and couldn't understand me. I talked to the owners, Mr, and Mrs. Phan and they treated me like a dog, told me they are remolding, they have been for over 1 year now. They told me to live with it, and told me to go away. The Food from the cook was overdone, and the server didn't speak much english as well

I would give them a
0 out of 0

The Phan have ruined that hotel, it was great when it was a raddison but not it's just CRAP!

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Union City hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Union City
Hampton Inn Union City
Hampton Inn Union City
#1 of 4 in Union City
Holiday Inn Express Union City/San Jose
Best Western Plus Garden Court Inn
Extended Stay America - Union City - Dyer St.
DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont
Aloft Silicon Valley
Aloft Silicon Valley
#3 of 9 in Newark

Been to Crowne Plaza Silicon Valley North-Union City? Share your experiences!