“Comfortable beddings!”

Crowne Plaza Silicon Valley North-Union City
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Union City
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

We always come here when we visit the Bay Area. The location is convenient to everywhere. There are restaurants, theaters, shopping outlets within minutes. Every time we check in, the staffs are always very nice and we get goodie bags full of snacks and water. The room is comfortable, clean and nice. Great values too. I will recommend this hotel to all my friends!

• Stayed: May 2012
Cristina L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Silicon Valley North-Union City, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Thank you very much for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to let us and others know about your stay at the Crowne Plaza Oakland South Union CIty. I am so pleased that you had an enjoyable accommodation stay with us. , we will look Thank you for your business and we hope to see you soon again with us!
Warmest Regards,

Chadi Guirguis

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Silicon Valley North-Union City

Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

This was the first night of our vacation to California. We picked it because of convenience to freeway but didn't realize area unsafe. My girlfriend went to car before dark and entered lobby and was approached by police officer about this break in occurrence to another guest. Police demanded to know who she was... A guest. Well bottom line it seems there is no surveillance cameras. Personally I thought the place was old & smelly. The elevator smelled like urine.

• Stayed: March 2013
Cristina L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Silicon Valley North-Union City, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to let others and us at the hotel know about your stay with us. We want to inform you that we are currently working to a major hotel renovation, I was disappointed to hear about your experiences with our property . Please accept my apologies for your less than satisfactory stay. While we did make some improvements to our hotel we will be completing a $4 Million renovation of our guestrooms with brand new beddings, furnitures and amenities. As I do not feel your stay was indicative of the service we generally normally provide, I truly hope that you will consider giving us a 2nd chance for us to prove you a much better experience than what you had. You are more than welcome to reach out to me to assist you with a future reservation. Again our apologies and we thank you for your business.
Chadi Guirguis - General Manager

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Wasted enough of my time on this place, i stayed on several occasions and gave it the benefit of the doubt, heres the summary.

1. All rooms are rundown and smell like mildew.
2. Cleaning standards are low for guest rooms
3. Bathroom are the worst, damaged, chipped dirty, rusty, yuck!
4. Breakfast, grim.
5. Tower rooms slightly better than other rooms which they use for coach tours
6. Reception staff always pleasant and do their best to help.
7. Dont stay here.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank barnacle08
Cristina L, Manager at Crowne Plaza Silicon Valley North-Union City, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to let others and us at the hotel know about your stay with us. We want to inform you that we are currently working to a major hotel renovation, I was disappointed to hear about your experiences with the room odor, bathroom and guest rooms conditions, and our breakfast. Please accept my apologies for your less than satisfactory stay. While we did make some improvements to our hotel we will be completing a $4 Million renovation of our guestrooms with brand new beddings, furnitures and amenities. As I do not feel your stay was indicative of the service we generally normally provide, I truly hope that you will consider giving us a 2nd chance for us to prove you a much better experience than what you had. You are more than welcome to reach out to me to assist you with a future reservation. Again our apologies and we thank you for your business.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I travel for business at least twice a month and I stay at many IHG properties. A few weeks ago I stayed at Crowne Plaza Union City, CA. The service at the registration was great! Everyone smiled and were very hospitable, kind and involved! Speedy check-in with all nessesary information about what's available at the hotel, plus the goody bag that was given to me that not a single hotel I have stayed in offered. Very good first impression! Checked into my room, everything was great! I have read coments that rooms were run down with old furniture and all, DO NOT BELIEVE IT! Furniture was new and everything worked in the room. The bed was wonderful LOved the bed! I had a great night sleep during my three night stay!! The best sleep ever! I ordered room service aroung 9:30 pm. It was delivered fast and the Lousiana Pasta was delicious! Compliments to the Chef! Server was very professional and pleasant! Great stay at Crowne Plaza Union City!!! I will definately come back to this location on my next business trip! Thank You for the great job to all employees who made my stay so enjoyable!

1  Thank Lee S
Cristina L, Manager at Crowne Plaza Silicon Valley North-Union City, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thank you very much for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to let us and others know about your stay at the Crowne Plaza Oakland South Union CIty. I am so pleased that you had an enjoyable accommodation stay with us. Thank you as well for recognizing our banquet staff team for their outstanding service. I will certainly share these comments with them and the rest of the management team.
Should you have any future event that you are looking for a venue, please include the Union City or the Bay Area, we will look forward to welcoming you and your attendees back. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you soon again with us!
Warmest Regards,

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The people were all friendly and the price was reasonable but the hotel seems rundown. The room in particular is dated and dingy. The bathroom needs tile work. There were chunks of material missing from the bathtub side panels. Breakfast in the restaurant was good but pricey. Parking can be a challenge if your want to park near a door to your section of the hotel.

2  Thank Rick C
Cristina L, Manager at Crowne Plaza Silicon Valley North-Union City, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to let others and us at the hotel know about your stay with us. We want to kindly invite you and inform you that we are in process of starting a $6 Million dollar hotel renovation. While we did make some improvements to our hotel we will be completing a total renovation of our guestrooms with brand new beddings, furnitures and amenities. As I do not feel your stay was indicative of the service we generally normally provide, I truly hope that you will consider giving us a 2nd chance for us to prove you a much better experience than what you had. Thank you as well for recognizing our hotel staff team for their outstanding service. I will certainly share these comments with them and the rest of the management team.
With that said, you are more than welcome to reach out to me to assist you with a future reservation.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel. The front desk was very friendly and gave the kids goody bags, and then everything went south. The room smelled funny, seems like the carpet needs a decent shampoo job. I kind of hesitated if I should breathe. When we wanted to take shower at 9pm, there's no hot water. The plumber came and said he would inspect the boiler and advised us to wait 30min utill most of the guests were done with their showers. By 10pm the hot water came. so when all 4 of us were done with our showers, it's 11pm already. The room was noisy due to the highway traffic. Usually hotel rooms got one set of double pane window, but this hotel got two sets of single pane window instead. However in our room, one set of the window was missing an entire glass pane. So of course we could hear the traffic, the police cars, the ambulance till mid night. At mid night I was waken up by difference noises. There were a bunch of young men/women hanging out in the hall way, talking and laughing loudly like they just came back from a party, and doors knocking, opening, slamming, etc. Had to call the front desk again to take care of that. It's poorly maintained and managed and over priced. The star rating was for the facilities and services the hotel offers, but has nothing to do with its quality.

Room Tip: Away from large group but close to the boiler. Check room windows to make sure they are all there.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Alice00K

Thank you for your recent TripAdvisor comments. We take customer feedback very seriously and I apologize for any inconvenience our window panel, the water temperature and the noise disturbance you encountered during your last stay. You have my personal assurance that the issues you encountered will be looked into and I'll be discussing this matter with our staffs and management. Guest satisfaction and excellent hospitality service is very important to us and to our Brand. With that said, I assure you that your experience is not typical of the service we provide. You are welcome to reach out to me in the future, as we are in an ongoing $6 million dollar renovation in the entire hotel and should you return to the area as we would want to do everything possible to insure that you have a great stay. My apologies again, we hope to see you again in the near future and hope you will consider giving the Crowne Plaza in Union City another chance.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

The staff at this hotel is great; location has several restaurants in the area; close to freeway. The hotel needs some upgrading and food needs to be improved. Its still a good place to stay if the price is right..I will stay again.

1  Thank Grace R
Cristina L, Manager at Crowne Plaza Silicon Valley North-Union City, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

With that said, I'll be placing a special note on your profile in our computer reservation system to make sure to assign your future stay in our best renovated room. You are more than welcome to reach out to me to assist you with a future reservation.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Union City
Hampton Inn Union City
Hampton Inn Union City
#1 of 4 in Union City
Holiday Inn Express Union City/San Jose
Best Western Plus Garden Court Inn
Extended Stay America - Union City - Dyer St.
DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont
Courtyard Newark Silicon Valley

Been to Crowne Plaza Silicon Valley North-Union City? Share your experiences!