“Definitely worth it”
Review of iFLY

iFLY
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Ever dream of flying? Now you can at iFLY Indoor Skydiving in San Francisco Bay. Experience the thrill of skydiving without having to jump from a perfectly good airplane - no falling, no parachutes, just you floating on a smooth cushion of air with our professional instructor right next to you. No special skills are needed, just a sense of adventure. iFLY is safe for kids 3 and up, fun for the entire family, and perfect for birthday parties or groups. iFLY is the experience of a lifetime.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Absolutely worth every penny- we took up the family deal and all four of us, miss 10 mr 11 and mum and dad still talking about it. A highlight of our trip. Thanks so much to Nick who made our flight so much fun, your enthusiasm was infectious! (Especially since it was your first day ;) we hope your company starts up in NZ soon.

Jessica V, Manager at iFLY, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

We will make sure Nick sees your comment, happy to hear everyone had a great time!

There are newer reviews for iFLY

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I have to admit when I heard about this place I was a little skeptical. I've gone tandem skydiving twice and didn't think the thrill of this would be anything compared.

However, I was pleasantly surprised. The staff is top notch, and they make it easy for you to get started. The initial jumps are pretty basic but exhilarating, and I was amazed what the trainers could do in the wind tunnel. I might be partially basing how cool this experience was on what I saw, but I will definitely be back to try it again.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Jessica V, Manager at iFLY, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Great photo! Look into joining our tunnel league if you wanted to start doing some of the more advanced moves our instructors demonstrate. Hope to see you again soon, thank you for coming in!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I didn't expect to have that much fun while doing this experience. I absolutely recommend it for couples and teammates.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Jessica V, Manager at iFLY, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Thank you for stopping in, hopefully we will see you again soon!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

My daughter liked it. Staff was courteous. This was way too expensive for a two 1min short flights. There are other fun things (lots of it) a kid can do for $62 (several hours of it). We want to go again, but this is prohibitively expensive :-(

For being greedy the 1 star...

5  Thank Blah B
Jessica V, Manager at iFLY, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Hello,

We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your recent experience. The free-fall time of an actual skydive is only about 45 seconds, and at $200 per tandem jump we can offer a significantly lower rate and longer flight time! You and your family are now return flyers, so you will receive a discount if you decide to come back again and fly. Thank you for flying with us, hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

My sons received gift certs for a flight from my sister-in-law. I was a little nervous when I heard what it was and did some research. yes, young kids can enjoy it. I think their bodies are more tuned in to make the most of the aerodynamics, too. The Jump School training helps them understand what's going on and how to communicate when they're in the wind tunnel. They have earplugs and a helmet so they can't hear anything very well. You'll need to get there about 1 hour early to check-in, attend school and then they call your flight. My boys were asking when they could go again.

The only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars is because they try to upsell you on everything and then when I had money in hand to buy some things, they didn't have the size or shirt. My son would've left with a hooded sweatshirt if someone behind the counter would look to see if they had other sizes, or tell me I could order and pick up later. Same thing when he wanted a tank top instead. Sorry that one's just for show. We settled on a t-shirt. He's still talking about his adventure. I'm still wondering how/why they only had XP, XS, S and XL sizes. Order more M and L -- these sizes for kids will be your best advertisement!

Jessica V, Manager at iFLY, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for your recent visit, we are happy to hear your boys had a great time! Since your review, we have stocked our sweatshirts with all sizes, and plan on ordering them more frequently so this problem won't happen again. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we hope to fly with you guys again soon!