“great hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Union City - Dyer St.

Extended Stay America - Union City - Dyer St.
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Union City
Union City, California
“great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

Nice, clean rooms , excellent locatiin and great service from the staff.
Manager are always there to help in any concern , very helpful.
Location is great movies , restaurants, gym are all around the corner.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Karlsruhe, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

My room 332 was a real nightmare. Whenver the room 232 in the floor below used the bathroom, and they did a lot, the whole building was shaking. The ventilator seems to wobble so seriously that my bathroom floor moving like in an earthquake. But most of all, a very intense low frequency rumble fills the whole room, the entire floor and walls are vibrating. This gives you a headache within minutes, and turns your stomach upside down. It started to be like this about 8 times a day for 10 minutes each, but finally it was half the night. I did not find any sleep for more than 3 days, I was a wreck.

I complained about the situation on a daily basis. I made very clear that it is impossible to find sleep in this horrible room. Even neighboring rooms recognized the vibration and complained. The service lady (only one person on duty) promised to send someone to look into the problem, but it never happened. Due to the SFO plane crash, all hotels in the Bay Area are booked out, and room rates are above 300$, so I had to stay in this place although I suffered really hard.

The service was also unable to make up my room. There should be a weekly room service, but whenever I asked when this will take place, it was always tomorrow. I finally resigned and replaced my towels at the front desk - and received not-so-fresh ones, with stains and hairs. I never saw such an incompetent and ignorant service team in my whole life, and I am a frequent traveller. The room rate is 95$ per night, but the hotel plays more in the 40$ region, namely the category of a disgusting dungeon.

The cleanliness of the room is poor. The bathtub was full of long hair (which cannot be mine), the towels are not clean. The grab-and-go breakfast is not worth mentioning. I stayed at several other Extended Stay hotels, which all weren't great but acceptable. This one shocked me. I will never stay at any hotel of this chain throughout my entire life, guaranteed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Karl S

Travelers are raving about these Union City hotels

Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

If you have a car and you need to stay in the area of Union City and you're not high-maintenance, I can suggest you stay at the Extended Stay hotel.

Pros: You're surrounded by a variety of shops and restaurants in walking distance. There's a multiplex-cinema, a Chilli's, Applebee's, Chevy's, a Japanese restaurant, a frozen yogurt joint, a Krispy Kreme, In'n'Out, Walmart, Lucky's, and others. House keeping is once a week. You have your own kitchen with utensiles, a fridge, a stove and a microwave.

Cons: Public Transportation isn't good. To take a cab to the Bart station Union City costs around 16 dollars. Since the hotel isn't too expensive there are sometimes some, let's say "strange" people staying at the hotel, who can be a bit loud. The fridge and the heating/cooling system can also be loud, also during the night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Union City - Dyer St., responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Benjamin - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the features of hotel. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed here while he was out of town working in Hayward. We have had a wonderful experience with the whole staff. They are all very nice and will help with whatever needs to be done. The room was clean and very nice. Thank you for making our stay in California feel like our home away from home. You guys rock!!

• Stayed June 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Union City - Dyer St., responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Brittney - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I'm so proud of my team, making sure your stay was a comfortable one that felt like you were in your "home away from home".

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 12 weeks and I was very happy during my stay, the staff were very friendly and very helpful. I had a broken furniture, but I reported it to the front desk and they took care of it as soon as they can. I enjoyed my stay there and would recommend this hotel. love the staff, great and friendly people.
Polly Thomas RN, Sunny South Florida.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am very happy to see your great comments about my staff and how your broken furniture was replaced. Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

I've stayed here at this location a few times and it has always been a great stay. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly. I have felt welcomed during all my stays. Not to mention that staying here means I'm surrounded by awesome food choices and the movie theater!!!!! I will definitely stay here again. The rooms are a bit outdated but for the price, I can deal with that. Next time, I want to try out their king suite rooms :) ps: Pritika, April, Felicia, and the rest of the front desk staff are great!

Room Tip: Book early so you get better room rates!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Union City - Dyer St., responded to this review, April 29, 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such a positive things about our area. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our staff and the service they provided to you; especially Pritika, April and Felicia!

Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future
ROXBORO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

Located in the heart of 15 to 20 eateries, grocery stores, get your mani, pedi, hair cut and more. The staff went out of their way to accomodate my needs during my 3 month stay. The staff is friendly and knowledgable of the area.The pool is still closed and there isn't a work out or media room with computers or printers. However one my email to the property and the staff will print it for you.

Room Tip: I would stay away from the elevator and trash rooms.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mary - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am proud of our team for making sure your three month stay with us was enjoyable.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our
Also consider these accommodations in or near Union City
Holiday Inn Express Union City/San Jose
BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Hayward
Hampton Inn Oakland-Hayward
BEST WESTERN PLUS Garden Court Inn

Been to Extended Stay America - Union City - Dyer St.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Union City - Dyer St.

Property: Extended Stay America - Union City - Dyer St.
Address: 31950 Dyer St., Union City, CA 94587
Location: United States > California > Union City
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Union City
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Union City - Dyer St. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Extended Stay, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Extended Stay America - Union City - Dyer St. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Union City