“Excellent stay and great breakfast”

Hampton Inn Union City
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Union City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights and it was an excellent stay, rooms were clean and modern, great tv in room, breakfast was excellent hot option was very good and all the staff were friendly and courteous, I would highly recommend this hotel, and the location is within walking distance to a host of restaurants, supermarket, starbucks etc..

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Cindy L, Manager at Hampton Inn Union City, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2014

Dear Nick,

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Union City and for your wonderful comments about our hotel. I'm happy to know you enjoyed your room and our hot breakfast. We are very happy to know that we had met your expectations and that you received friendly service from our staff.

Thank you for your business and we hope to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

The facilities and rooms were very clean as are most Hampton Inns.

My biggest issue was with the attention to detail of the staff. My colleague was the one that made the reservations so when we got there I gave my Honors number to the desk attendant to get the points for my room. He didn't say that I couldn't get the points unless we changed the reservation to my account since my colleague wasn't in the honors system. I noticed on the receipt after we had checked out that my number did not appear on my room. When i called they said that there was nothing that could do about it post trip so I lost any point opportunity. It was a pricey room compared to most Hampton Inns to begin with. I talked my colleague into using Hampton Inn in the first place. I guess next time I will let him go where he wants (next door) and Hampton will lose both of our money.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Dear MLinderer,

Thank you for your feedback and I apologize for the confusion with your points.

As a new property, there is room for improvements and your feedback will be shared with our staff and used as training.

As you are a loyal member of our Hilton HHonors program, I will be more than happy to add the Hilton HHonors points to your account for your stay. Please contact me by calling the hotel and I'll be more than happy to fix this.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks,
Hampton Inn Union City
510-475-5600

Reviewed July 1, 2014

If you plan on parking next to the hotel don't stay here. I had to walk several hundred yards to the hotel every night after getting off work. I'm a Diamond member and they have only 5 spots and no monitoring of who parks in them.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Cindy L, Manager at Hampton Inn Union City, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Dear Mr. Steve M,

Thank you for feedback regarding your stay at our property. As a HHonors Diamond member I truly appreciate the opportunity of getting the feedback of your overall experience. As a new facility with a new team, there are always opportunities for improvement but we can only become aware of those when a guest is kind enough to share them as you did.

It is our goal to make it a perfect stay for all our guests but sometimes things don't go as planned. When so, it is even more important for us to learn what could have been done differently for a more pleasant experience.

We appreciate your feedback and business. We hope to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

The Staff was top notch and extremely professional. Great location near our business sites, with a shopping mall full of great restaurants and stores. Very good breakfasts in a clean and friendly environment.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Cindy L, Manager at Hampton Inn Union City, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Dear Brian W,

Thank you for your wonderful comments about your experience here at the Hampton Inn Union City!

I will be sharing your comments with our staff and let them know that they gave you top notch service, the rooms were clean and that you enjoyed breakfast. I know that everyone will be happy to hear these great comments and will motivate them to continue doing a great job.

We hope to have you stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

place is so close to things I need to to do. Breakfast is fantastic, even though I dont like turkey. Variety is amazing. staff is amazing. this palce is very clean and well taken care off. I had a wonderful time. and the fact that is right next to a great family area makes htis hotel so unique

Dear Jesus L,

Thank you once again for your great feedback on our hotel and returning to stay with us again!

I'm happy to know that you have chosen our hotel again for the proximity of family friendly places to go. I am glad to know you enjoyed the variety of our breakfast options. Your comments of our cleanliness will definitely be shared with our team as used as motivation for all our staff.

We hope to see you and your family again in the near future. Thank you for continuing to be a loyal guest!

Thanks,

Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my family during Memorial weekend. Arrived late so we called in advance. I requested additional blanket and pillow, was told they'll have it ready but when we arrived it wasn't there when we arrived. They brought it up immediately after we called. Other than that, everything else was satisfactory. Location is good as it is surrounded by restaurants and easy access to the freeway. Staff was pleasant and rooms are clean. Breakfast is typical of Hampton Inn. Overall, we had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear umiko56,

Thank you for your feedback on the Hampton Inn Union City! I'm happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us during Memorial weekend.

I apologize that we did not have the extra blanket and pillow in your room before you arrived. However, I'm glad that the front desk responded quick to bring the items to your room.

We hope to have you and your family stay with us again!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We have a spacious corner room & a firm king bed, won't notice if other person moved. Temperature was perfect: not hot/not cold very quiet even the door knobs especially the floors do not squeak. With seniors discount and a continental breakfast this hotel exceeds our expectations.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Emma C
Cindy L, Manager at Hampton Inn Union City, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Dear Ms. Emma C.,

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Union City and for your wonderful comments about our hotel. I'm happy to know you enjoyed your room and our continental breakfast. We are very happy to know that we had met your expectations!

Thank you for your business and we hope to have you stay with us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Union City
Holiday Inn Express Union City/San Jose
Crowne Plaza Silicon Valley North-Union City
Best Western Plus Garden Court Inn
Hampton Inn Oakland-Hayward
Extended Stay America - Union City - Dyer St.
Hampton Inn Fremont
Hampton Inn Fremont
#3 of 19 in Fremont

Been to Hampton Inn Union City? Share your experiences!