“Lovely room for price.”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Ukiah
Reviewed February 5, 2010

This hotel is being beautifully refurbished. The management was very friendly. We are always happy to find a well priced hotel that is clean and updated. They also provide a breakfast. If we are ever traveling in this area we will be sure to stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 27, 2009

I had picked this hotel online due to it's cost and proximity to the main highway. We stay at numerous resorts but when we're doing quick overnights, I look for a decent hotel with a continental breakfast as we're only staying a maximum of 12 hours. I was very surprised when we checked into our room. it was very clean, well kept with excellent bedding. It was obvious that the management made attempts to keep the room/hotel in very good shape.
We had our breakfast in the morning which was enough to get us going. The breakfast area had a new floor and was very clean. The manager on duty made every effort to ensure that we we satisfied with our brief stay. The ease of access to the major highway (101) was a plus. Although it was a "pit stop" stay for us, I can safely say that the hotel was better than many which are used for quick stops; the quality and cleanliness was better than numerous hotels at which we've stayed and management attitude was excellent. The price for a similiar hotel in a busy area would be much higher than what I paid. I will tell you that we stayed in Reno on the same trip at the Peppermill Resort and the quality of the bedding at this hotel was equal ... and there was no continental breakfast despite being 3X the cost !

If you're looking for inexpensive lodging and good night's sleep during your West Coast travel, the Quality Inn, Ukiah is a good place. It gave us the comfortable time frame that we needed between San Francisco and the Redwoods heading towards Crescent City.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2009

A very pleasant stay. The rooms were nicely decorated and very clean and the bathrooms are huge! Good water pressure in the shower. Would certainly stay there again and recommend it highly if you want a good value. The owner is very nice and accomodating.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2009

My wife (then fiance) and I were traveling north to get married, camping in our pop-up trailer along the way, when one day the trailer collapsed and broke. We somehow rolled into the Quality Inn in Ukiah for the night, and had a wonderful experience. The hotel proprieters were extremely sympathetic to our plight, and did everything in their power to keep us comfortable. They even offered us a long-term parking space (free!!!! which we gladly accepted) for our broken down trailer, so we could enjoy the rest of our trip without the hassle of pulling a broken camper. They truly saved us!!!!!!!!!!
If you want a place to stay, with clean, affordable rooms, and EXCELLENT customer service, look no further!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2009

My wife and I are both handicapped (in wheelchairs). The proprietors of this hotel went out of their way to accommodate us. We were very satisfied.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2008

I booked this hotel through the choice hotel website while on the road between Portland and Los Angeles. Unfortunately I didn't write down the details --address, phone number... Once in Ukiah I tried to find the hotel with GPS, but it wasn't listed. I called 411, they didn't have a listing. Neither did a Ukiah phone book. I finally figured that I had written down the wrong city and went to a different hotel. When I checked my reservation listing online, I discovered that there was, indeed a Quality Inn in Ukiah. I called and tried to explain that I hadn't been able to call to get the hotel's location because they weren't listed. The manager wouldn't let me complete any sentances, was abrupt and kept telling me that I was foolish traveling without writing down his phone number. I wrote to Choice Hotel customer service, this is the reply I received from the Quality Inn manager, "We are sorry that you had forgotten to write down where you were staying that night (I had the name, not the street address), but with all due respect, that is not the fault of the hotel. In the future we recommend you have all your travel details with you." In the future, I plan to stay at hotels that list themselves in local phone books, where they have a chance of being found by irresponsible travelers, or possibly by ones that have misplaced reservations...

• Stayed: August 2008
1  Thank CAdriver2
Reviewed August 31, 2008

We were using discount voucher from Roomsaver book and initially Front Desk said he could not acccept as it was a holiday weekend.However after he gave us a price from the computer and we said we would try elsewhere he suddenly decided he could use the voucher with a $10 charge added for Saturday night.So we accepted and both the manager and us got something out of the financial deal.
The room was clean and smelt OK.Typical motel room and with full shower in bathroom.
Motel location was quiet even though it was on main road thru town.
Breakfast was good with plenty of choices.
All in all a good deal.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)