“Clean, and exceptionally helpful”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Ukiah
Reviewed June 23, 2009

My wife and I are both handicapped (in wheelchairs). The proprietors of this hotel went out of their way to accommodate us. We were very satisfied.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 11, 2008

I booked this hotel through the choice hotel website while on the road between Portland and Los Angeles. Unfortunately I didn't write down the details --address, phone number... Once in Ukiah I tried to find the hotel with GPS, but it wasn't listed. I called 411, they didn't have a listing. Neither did a Ukiah phone book. I finally figured that I had written down the wrong city and went to a different hotel. When I checked my reservation listing online, I discovered that there was, indeed a Quality Inn in Ukiah. I called and tried to explain that I hadn't been able to call to get the hotel's location because they weren't listed. The manager wouldn't let me complete any sentances, was abrupt and kept telling me that I was foolish traveling without writing down his phone number. I wrote to Choice Hotel customer service, this is the reply I received from the Quality Inn manager, "We are sorry that you had forgotten to write down where you were staying that night (I had the name, not the street address), but with all due respect, that is not the fault of the hotel. In the future we recommend you have all your travel details with you." In the future, I plan to stay at hotels that list themselves in local phone books, where they have a chance of being found by irresponsible travelers, or possibly by ones that have misplaced reservations...

• Stayed: August 2008
1  Thank CAdriver2
Reviewed August 31, 2008

We were using discount voucher from Roomsaver book and initially Front Desk said he could not acccept as it was a holiday weekend.However after he gave us a price from the computer and we said we would try elsewhere he suddenly decided he could use the voucher with a $10 charge added for Saturday night.So we accepted and both the manager and us got something out of the financial deal.
The room was clean and smelt OK.Typical motel room and with full shower in bathroom.
Motel location was quiet even though it was on main road thru town.
Breakfast was good with plenty of choices.
All in all a good deal.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 3, 2007

My husband and I travel to Ukiah about once a year and this year we decided to try the Rodeway Motel, which is on the other end of town from where we usually stay. Unfortunately, we had a dreadful stay. The check-in clerk was irritable and did not accomodate our request to have an upstairs room. We were dismayed to learn from the owner the following morning that upstairs rooms had been available but apparently not offered to us because they were not in our pre-reserved price range. (This hotel adds extra charges for a second person in the room, a king bed or two double beds, unlike the times we've stayed at the Discovery Inn in Ukiah and other hotels) Nevertheless, we would have gladly paid an additional charge to have a quieter and nicer room but the on-duty clerk apparently didn’t want to be put to the extra bother of changing our room. We were assigned to Room 117, which was in poor repair. There was a missing portion of the baseboard, the peep hole in the door was covered with blue painter’s masking tape, the carpet was frayed near the door, and the old bathroom had a crack in the tile running out from the toilet bowl and darkened grout and cracked tiles all along the floor-wall intersection. When we turned down our bed, the top sheet had a round hole with burned edges, no doubt from a cigarette and the hotel towels were rough as sandpaper. Through out the night, cars pulled in and out of the parking spaces in front our room—disturbing us with their noise and headlights. We barely slept.

The only positive thing I can say about the stay was the motel swimming pool had an innovative cleaning system and didn't reek of chlorine. It was very pleasant to swim in despite it being small and near a busy road.

Though the owner was much more pleasant than the clerk, we won’t return to this motel due to the poor condition, noise, and unprofessional part-time staff. In the future we will return to Discovery Inn or perhaps try the Hampton Inn.

Stayed: September 2007
3  Thank joy054
Reviewed November 12, 2006

We stayed 2 nights in early November 2006. The room and bathroom were spacious enough and very clean. Had fridge, microwave and hairdrier. Good price (52$/night). Friendly staff. Some noise from plumbing of surrounding rooms (above and to the sides). Very conveniently located close to Highway 101. Good breakfat across the street at the Windmill diner.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank serca
Reviewed October 4, 2006

Stay at this Rodeway was very pleasant - used discount coupon from rest stop and got great rate - room was very clean (even the blanket on bed looked freshly laundered). The bathroom was huge by motel standards and was spotless. The lady at the desk was very friendly and helpful in providing directions for restaurants, etc. Be sure and check out the service station made in redwood tree.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 6, 2006

We were looking for a cheap hotel on our way from San Francisco to the Redwoods. This hotel fit the bill. Except for two significant problems, this motel was a good night's stay.

The room was nice and fairly well maintained. However, the literature for this motel indicates that there are refrigerators, which is not true. The other problem, which is even worse, the guides say this hotel has a continental breakfast, but it doesn't! I'm not sure we would have stayed at this motel had we known this.

I was very pleased with the desk staff, however. The person I spoke with went out of his way to help us get into our room quickly (one child needed the bathroom and there was none in the lobby.) He also made some good recommendations for things to see on the way up to the Redwoods and made the excellent suggestion that we contact CalTrans for road conditions, since there had been rains and rockslides on the roads we were taking.

• Stayed: February 2006