“Average Hotel, Nice Staff”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Ukiah
Victoria, Canada
“Average Hotel, Nice Staff”
Reviewed August 28, 2014

Nothing shone about this place, but there were no issues either. bathroom slightly in need of redoing, but when we had camped 4 nights before that a private toilet and shower were a Godsend. The check in staff was really nice, and the checkout staff were good once my partner remembered he forgot something and we had to go back for it.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Ukiah
Reviewed August 13, 2014

The quality inn was a pleasant surprise with nice staff members who told us about the hidden gem restaurants in Ukiah. There were clean rooms and affordable prices. The manager moved us up to a suite once she saw we needed more room and gave us an affordable price for it.

• Stayed August 2014
Orange, California, United States
Reviewed August 12, 2014

We had failed to make advance reservations when traveling through Northern California on a Saturday night - BIG mistake because all of our preferred choices further south were booked except for a couple of $300-$500/night rooms, which we were not willing to pay - especially since these were NOT at 5-star resorts but simply ordinary budget-type motels trying to gouge silly travelers like us who were stuck. We were starting to think we might have to sleep in the car, an unhappy prospect, when we found that the Quality Inn in Ukiah had a vacant King non-smoking room. It was further than we wanted to drive that night but we decided it was better than sleeping in the car so arrived without much expectation, grudgingly willing to pay $150/night for what we anticipated would be a below-average room.

We were quite pleasantly surprised to find the room was very nice, the hotel itself had some nice features such as a grassy area with picnic tables and a swimming pool. We weren't going to use these but it was nice to see they were available in case we ever planned to come back. Our room was very clean, the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was quite large, which gives a luxurious feel to the place. As far as I can tell, the WiFi did not come with a ton of junk adware/spyware as has often shown up on my computer after I've used a chain motel's free WiFi. It did require the typical login but after that, it seemed quite straightforward and I haven't noticed any slowdown on my computer since leaving Ukiah so that's a huge plus in itself.

In the past, we generally have ignored the 'breakfast included' options because the choices are usually limited and not particularly appealing. However, we wanted to grab some coffee to go and had used up our in-room coffee so popped into the breakfast room where we got another very pleasant surprise. The room was quite small but the variety of options was quite expansive - the pastries were fresh and there was a surprising variety. There were quite a few cereal options but most surprising to me was the fact they offered fresh scrambled eggs [real eggs!!] and sausage [real sausage!!], not the powdered egg/ground meat variety. There were also several juices, a choice of several types of bread and muffins, even a variety of hot drink choices available!! It reminded me of the buffet breakfasts put out by higher-priced B&Bs or even European hotels! Amazing [to me anyway].

Overall we were quite happy to find this place and ended up feeling like we did get a decent value for what we paid. Would recommend this place to others!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 125 and were afraid it might be noisy as it was under the stairs and right on the...
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Hotel selection in Northern California seems to be either very expensive or so inexpensive that I'm afraid to stay a night. Coming back from Avenue of the Giants towards San Francisco, we decided to stay in Ukiah and found the Quality Inn. We got a king, non-smoking for the same price as a double, and it included breakfast. I have to admit that I didn't expect much, but when we got in the room it was updated with new linens, updated painted walls and artwork, and granite counter in bath. Above and beyond any updates...the room was very clean. Attention to small details such as good pillows, microwave, mini-fridge, iron, nightlight in bath, and larger bath towels added to my surprise. The breakfast, served until 9:30 AM, consisted of multiple breads, cereal, scrambled eggs, sausages, pastries, and juice. Not the buffet you'd expect in a Hilton, but a good start to the day.

This hotel was serving as a base for firefighters who were tackling the wildfires north of Ukiah, and the staff were pulling out all stops to turn the rooms within an hour. Their care and appreciation for the firefighters was the same they extended to all other guests.

Definitely would stay here again! Jag and Randy were great hosts!

1 Thank MNtravelbugs02
Los Altos Hills, California
Reviewed August 6, 2014

I was planning to stay at the Comfort Inn, where I usually land when in Ukiah, but they gave me some unappealing options--a suite, a smoking room--so I headed to the next hotel in the Choice Group, the Quality Inn. The manager gave me directions over the phone and it's very easy to find.

I don't usually stay in places that look like old school "motels"--rooms opening onto a shared outdoor walkway, so I wasn't expecting much. However, I trust the Choice Group for low-cost, clean places.

My room, on the first floor, was spotlessly clean, the bathroom was large and the bathtub was long enough to stretch out. The beds were exceptionally comfortable.

I don't usually eat hotel breakfasts but my granddaughter was with me and she enjoyed the selection from their complimentary cafe.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Minnesota
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Stayed one night on our way up to Seattle. Came in late, found that the manager was open to a little negotiation (it helped that they weren't full and it was after 8pm - a tricky position for me to be in for sure). Stayed in a 2 queen suite and found it very clean and nice. Small room for breakfast, but they offered eggs and sausages along with some pastries. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Upstairs is better than downstairs
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Fresno,Ca
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I was at this hotel for 4 days, it is located on a main street, but very quiet for an overnight vacation. Good breakfast to start your day, friendly and courteous hotel staff, location wise I will say most of the places were in a walking distance. My room was on second floor which perfect in all respect except old fashioned box TV(worked fine), if I have a choice at the peak of Summer I don't recommend a room on second floor. My room was clean, I could see house keeping staff had done good job in pleasing hotel guests.Front desk staff was courteous and very helpful, I could see they were very professional all hotel guests. A clean swimming pool was there, but I didn't get a chance to dive in it to cool off, may be next time when I visit with my family. Free WiFi worked great for my laptop.Will I come back or recommend to anyone? A big YES.

Room Tip: My 4 days at this hotel were problem free, so I don't really have anything negative to say.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo