“Last minute, great deal!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Ukiah
Crescent City, California
“Last minute, great deal!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I would go back and stay again. The room was clean and comfortable and the price could not be beat. Staff was exceptional and you even got a hot breakfast. We ate in a restaurant just one block away call the Garden Cafe and it was outstanding as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

Room was very clean. Everything worked and there were plenty of towels and shampoos & etc. the shower was great...good pressure and hot! Four good pillows...awesome. Good breakfast. Nice staff. Will come back .

• Stayed October 2012
Poulsbo, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Spent last weekend here during a business trip. I checked out a couple other places in Ukiah and they were not up to par. It is obvious that the owners care about their property and are continuing to make improvements. The two things I would suggest are new chairs and the carpet needed a good cleaning. Other than that, it was a clean, comfortable stay at a reasonable price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

For $75 on a Friday night in that area, it wasn't bad.
The hotel is located close to the restaurants, although you still need a car. It wasn't right at the freeway exit and therefore, was pretty quiet.
The bathroom was very clean and large. Not having our knees in the wall facing the toilet was nice. No rust, mold or leaky faucet; rare enough, even in more expensive places. So 1 star for that.

On the other hand, the furniture in the room looked kind of old and cheap.

We were disappointed with the breakfast. Well, first of, it's just the regular type with toasts, cereals, so called jam (at least, it wasn't powdered orange juice), no surprise there but for a hotel of that size - meaning small, we believe they could switch to ceramic/glass and get rid of plastic/foam. I know, not many hotels do that but it's time to change and we'll take that into consideration from now on. Northern California is such a model in the eco-friendly way of life, we feel even more bad to use those things for a 5 minute breakfast. Even at the Cafe at California Academy of Sciences they use ceramic and glass only although they receive hundreds if not thousands of people per day. So 1 less star for that.

I have mixed feeling regarding the management/staff. It all started with the fact that I couldn't get to my reservation that I had made on their private website. I called several times for 2 days with no answer, emails bounced back and I started to freak out a little so I called Choice Hotel to check with them. Nothing so the person who assist me made a duplicate reservation. Since I didn't like the idea of not knowing what would be charged on my credit card nor the fact that 2 rooms might be booked, I tried to call the hotel again later. The person on the phone, I assume it was the manager, wasn't rude but I really felt like I did bother him. He quickly explained that there was a problem with the whole phone/internet system and he made sure that just 1 room was booked at my name. I also asked if we could ship a few packages since we're coming from South America and everything is so expensive there. He said there was no problem. When I checked in, I was greeted by a nice lady at first, who then seemed annoyed that there were 2 rooms at my name. I was confused, I apologized and explained the whole situation but she didn't care and cut me halfway through my explanation adding that my packages had been there for a while. She was smiling but yet, I felt that she wasn't happy. She asked me why I had sent packages there (it was the first time for them) and asked me to take care of my boxes since they weren't the hotel trash. Sure, no problem that but when I asked where I would find a recycling center in the area, she said that she was sure I would find something on my way. She couldn't care less. I've seen better ways to serve a client, from motels, to campgrounds to big hotels. Again, I was embarrassed, if it was a problem, the person over the phone should have told me so, that's why I asked before ordering. I understand it is a small hotel "lost in the middle of nowhere", that they don't see many international people there but this is the first time it happens to us. As for the manager, the next morning, he was once again polite and asked the usual questions at check-out but looking at the computer only. Not very attentive to me. Nevertheless, if they read this, I thank them for keeping our packages for us. Thanks to them, we had a great week in Northern California.

Would we go back? I would consider it but would check elsewhere first.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

The reason being we took the room. The room was small however it was comfortable. The odor in the room, I was expecting musty/overly used air fresheners to mask the odors but Pleasantly delighted to smell, Fresh Laundered Linens. There was not any odor coming from the window air condition unit, either. NICE The pool was small however it was sparkling clean, no over dosing of chlorine. I used to be a pool attendant so I look for certain things to indicate their level of knowledge for the sanitation and cleanliness of the pool. The desk attendants were as stated, Professional and Polite, helpful with what ever we needed to add to the comfort of our stay there, like a few extra towels. I would stay here next time. I have been with Trip Adviser since 2005, however, with a change of email address, I cannot login as iteluwatt. http://www.tripadvisor.com/members/Iteluwatt

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Tallahassee, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Very Friendly service. Nice room-- clean comfortable quiet. No problems. Very small breakfast area that the owner was cleaning and we didn't stay-- went to a fast food place instead. Still recommend this motel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

My wife and I arrived at the Ukiah Quality Inn with our reservation receipt in hand but which had been made through a third party (Ex) as we were AARP members. The office was clean and organized and a big smile on the face of Randy Parmar, co-manager, greeted us. However, our reservation had not been entered into their system so we did not have a room nor had any funds been forwarded to the inn. Now what to do? Randy took over and called Ex. Things went from bad to worse and we decided that we should cancel, get a refund and book directly with Randy. He handled the entire transaction in a friendly, efficient manner, leaving us feeling that we were in good hands.

The Inn has been recently remodeled. The rooms are freshly painted and have new furniture including microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker. Light bulbs are bright enough for reading. Eggs, sausage, fresh fruit, Danish, bagels and much more are served in a small breakfast room. Since all tables were occupied we carried our breakfast a short distance to our room which was furnished with a nice table and two chairs. If you want a nice place to stay in Ukiah, CA, visit Randy Parmar at the Quality Inn.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple