“REALLY NICE STAY!!!”
Review of Days Inn Ukiah

Days Inn Ukiah
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Ukiah
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I stayed for 3 nights over Thanksgiving and it was a pleasure!!! It is a family run business and they were all very nice. I asked to see a room before checking in and it was no problem. They have been updating rooms a few a year and they gave me a brand new updated room, new sheets, curtains, carpet. Everything was very clean and no bad cleaning fumes like lots of little motels. For the money you can't beat it thats for sure, plus nice free breakfast in the morning, not just juice and muffins. I would definitely stay here again and in fact when I visit my local friends in Ukiah I will stay here again and this is the motel they recommend to all their friends and family when they come to town. So don't bother looking around this is the best little motel in town and it is close to everything. And check out the local bakery cafe in town on Perkins street called Shats - amazing food and across from the movie theater is a local bar restaurant called The Office - also fabulous!!!

Room Tip: I had room 119 - Great room - King size bed, non smoking!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Nick B, Manager at Days Inn Ukiah, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

I would like to thank you for such a nice review. I’m so glad you had such a great stay here. We work so hard, to make every guests stay here an enjoyable one.
I will be proudly showing my staff that all the hard work they do makes a difference.
We hope to see you and your family the next time you visit Ukiah

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Ukiah

Reviewed November 17, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed November 17, 2013

An excellent stay in Ukiah. I stayed here on several occasions while passing through Ukiah between Seattle and San Francisco. The staff is very helpful and accommodating. I enjoyed a clean room and a good bed each time.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Thoroughly Enjoyed my 2 Day Stay. Great Service & Location. The Staff is A+!!!! The room was A+!!! I would highly recommend choosing this lodging for both Personal & Business purposes! I will stay here again !!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Tanbarksails
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Finally got them to accept the rate that was advertised on the Days Inn website. Had to start walking out the door before they came around. Found very nice room but the bed was the hardest bed we had ever slept on. Place was clean. They should work harder to honor the rate that the customer comes in with. Will stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2013

The Days Inn is conveniently located just outside of downtown Ukiah, giving it easy access to both the town and the highway. The upstairs rooms (where we stayed) have a nice layout, with vaulted wood ceilings and windows that face out the back of the building as well as toward the front. It has potential to be a very cute place, but the furnishings are very mismatched and dated, and not necessarily placed appropriately. The minifridge and microwave were placed in front of the window by the bed for some reason, instead of on the other side of the room by the table and chairs. The shower fixtures were old and the water fluctuated between hot and cold while I was in it. With some work it could be a charming room, but right now it's just worn.

I never used to worry about rating the free breakfast at hotels like this, but this summer I went on a roadtrip and stayed in many similarly priced hotels, and I was surprised how much variation there actually is in the breakfasts, so I now feel it might be important to note. The breakfast here was very boring, consisting of almost entirely carbs. Pastries, cereal, biscuits, etc. There was no protein of any kind, no yogurt, and very little fruit. There wasn't even any half and half or liquid creamer for the coffee, just powdered non-dairy creamer. It really was below par for this category of hotel.

On an interesting side note, this is the second time I have stayed at a hotel in Ukiah, booked a room with a king bed ahead of time, only to be told upon arrival that my reservation showed a Queen room, and there was nothing that the front desk staff could do about it, despite my reservation blatantly showing a King room. I've never had this happen anywhere else, but it has now happened twice in Ukiah. In addition, the front desk made me fill out a form with my name and contact information on it, despite my having made the reservation online in advance, so they should have already had all of my info. These are minor issues, to be sure, and they wouldn't prevent me from staying there again, but they do impact my opinion of a location and lower the rating I give it.

Taking everything into account, I have to say this is a below average quality hotel for its price point.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple