“Okay”
Review of Days Inn Ukiah

Days Inn Ukiah
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Ukiah
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We stayed at the Days Inn Ukiah for two nights while visiting a friend's winery. This motel is older and could use some updating. As other reviewers have said, the decor in the rooms is strange and outdated, very Gone with the Wind. The main areas (sink, tub, toilet) and linens were clean, but the corners of the floor and areas behind the lamps were dusty and many of the surfaces needed a wipe-down. It looks like whoever does the vacuuming does it as quickly as possible. Also, the room was also a bit stuffy, and the air conditioner took a while to get it down to a reasonable temperature. Maybe call ahead and see if you can get them to turn the air on in your room before you arrive if it's going to be really hot? Anyway, with a bit more attention to detail, this place could be a really good value.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 10, 2012

My first time staying at this hotel, I just knew I would come back. The staff was excellent because checking in was quick and easy. My room was neat, clean, and spacious. I travel a lot for work, so having a dresser for my clothing was great and a table for my labtop was a luxury. The breakfast was wonderful because of the variety of choices. I stayed at a lot Days Inn and this hotel had the most varieties of choice in breakfast food.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Ms. Ploua Thank you for choosing the Day Inn in Ukiah, CA as your home away from home when you are in the Ukiah area. We strive to make our guest have a great stay when visiting our hotel. We appreciate your comments and we appreciate your business.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

Browsing reviews across multiple sites, this place had the most consistently positive reviews at the price point. I will have to agree with many of them.
Pros: Good location, near the "strip" of Ukiah (I guess it's downtown?) instead of right off the highway.
Tons of large parking spaces; you can park very near your room.
Free breakfast!
Pool! Looks very clean.
My queen sized bad came with FIVE fluffy pillows.
Rooms are large and come with a microwave and fridge, in addition to the standard tv, table/chairs, vanity, dresser. Everything seemed clean. Bed was clean. Sheets crisp.
Free wifi! Works well.
Cons: room a little stuffy. I just opened and closed my room door a few times to air it out.
Decor is strange. I love the vaulted ceilings with exposed beams on the second floor. However, there was this frieze with pink cabbage roses lining the walls, which said...country bnb? And the curtains and bedspread were a regal red and gold. This is not a negative enough reason to not stay I there, but the decor is not good. But you are looking at two star hotels. You are not here for an "experience"; you are looking for a a clean, comfortable place to sleep and shower for not too much money.
Other observations: they have toiletries in the bathroom. Just basic, Days Inn brand ones but for some reason I thought they wouldn't provide toiletries.
Lobby smelled like Indian food. It made me want Indian food. But I'm not sure there is any in ukiah. Sad face. Not the hotel's fault.

Verdict: if I am in Ukiah again, I would definitely consider staying in this place. If is clean, spacious, convenient, and inexpensive.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor if you can. Otherwise people pulling into their parking spaces wi...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Nick B, Manager at Days Inn Ukiah, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2012

Thank you for sharing your comments with us about your stay. We are glad that we were able to exceed your expectations, and I will make sure I share your comments with our staff. We look forward to seeing you next time your travels bring you to Ukiah, CA!!!

Reviewed June 8, 2012

I try to be objective in writing in reviews. I will write the positive aspects first, then the negative. I would say that this motel would be best suited for construction workers or for families traveling on a budget. This would not be a motel for a business traveler or most of the folks that I think read reviews on the trip advisor.

Positives: Reasonable rates, continental breakfast, hair dyers in the rooms, refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker, ice machine on the grounds, plenty of parking.

Negatives: Not as clean as I am used to. The steps and walkways were greasy, could use a good cleaning and pressure washing. The room was not very clean. There were soil marks on the door, the blanket and bedspread was dirty and so was the carpet, two of the light bulbs were burnt out in the room. The towels were like a dingy yellow color, like they did not use bleach. A window was left open in the bathroom, and the screen was black, like it had never been cleaned. I wiped it off and the towel was black.

I had some cleaner I bought at the grocery outlet and wiped down things in the room. I was reluctant to touch anything, due to having a greasy feeling. I had booked the room the day before for a business trip and they said I could not get a refund, as there is a 24 hour cancellation. If I could get a refund, I would have checked out and got a room elsewhere.

If you're a guy or you are a family on a budget, it would probably not bother you, but it did me, and I'm not that picky, as I have stayed in motel sixes and super 8s and even enjoy camping, so I'm not real hard to please, but I like clean.

In addition, I went to fill up my ice bucket and the ice machine was empty, it appeared that folks with coolers at emptied the ice machine.

As i was leaving I noted that there were children accompanying the housekeepers, so maybe the children are doing some of the cleaning and that is why it was so dirty.

Business travelers, or clean freaks would most likely not be happy staying here.

I'm sorry to make this review, but I feel it is necessary.

Room Tip: Sleep quality was bad, cause I was freaked out sleeping in a bed with dirty blankets. The sheets did...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Nick B, Manager at Days Inn Ukiah, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write a review. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

Check in was very pleasant people very friendly.Central in town could walk to anything. Very clean and welcoming parking area. Felt very safe , quite , clean.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Nick B, Manager at Days Inn Ukiah, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2012

Thank you so much for your great comments about our Days Inn in Ukiah! We try to make everyone feel welcome. We hope that we will see you again on your next visit to the Ukiah area!
Thanks again!

Reviewed January 29, 2012

I recently stayed at the Days Inn of Ukiah on 5 separate stays as I was relocating to the area for a job. I stayed for a total of about 25+ nights. I would highly recommend the place to all - those staying for work and for families. The place is very well kept - both exterior and rooms. The manager is very good, helpful and anticipates your needs. It is convienthly located, the value is good, and I felt very safe with the well lit area. The beds were very comfortable and nothing was wrong in the rooms. I stayed in 3 different rooms and a friend stayed in another.

David

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Nick B, Manager at Days Inn Ukiah, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2012

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We are especially happy to receive such positive feedback from an experienced traveler such as yourself, who has surely stayed at a wide variety of properties in the past. We strive to offer a superlative guest experience to everyone, and we are gratified that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed January 17, 2012

Although I got teased for gushing at the curtains, which I cannot easily describe, the decor had me at hello and set a tone for satisfaction.  A matter of taste for sure, but if you want heart instead of boring, this is worth a look.  It's a chain, I know, but this could be a hidden gem.

Book online through a travel site, it saves you enough cash to make this place a champion in value for money.   It's probably not the cheapest around, but it won't make you feel cheap either.

A fridge, wi-fi, TV, spotless bathroom and resonable continental breakfast.  There is nothing more to say, it exceeded my expectations.  The breakfast room is small though, and under certain circumstances might prove challenging for parties of 3 or more, depending on the traffic at the time and the attentiveness of those stocking supplies.  For me however, it worked out perfectly.

• Stayed: January 2012