“Great stay”

Ranked #1 of 2 Ukiah B&B and Inns
Tokyo, Japan
“Great stay”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I stayed for two nights, I just wish I arrived earlier on day 1, because there is quite a bit to see in the area, and the baths are just great dipping all day.

I read here that rooms are rather old and small, but where I stated, which was probably the cheapest room available, was actually quite adequate in size, lovely flowery interior, have showers inside, and very very comfortable. No complaints about the room whatsoever.

Outside, there is a big patch of lawn where it is just nice to walk around, some hiking trails, but most of all, the bath. I had it in the day under the sun, when it feels much warmer, and cozy, then the night time, although chilly, you may able to get a very very starry sky. In fact, I stayed in the bath for over 30 minutes to look at the constellations and shooting stars. It was well worth the 2 hour+ drive from San Francisco.

On the way back, I recommend Coppola winery. Great food and great atmosphere - of course the wine as well.

One more thing - breakfast was great. Loads of fruit and berries.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank carioca500

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Aspen, Colorado
Reviewed January 30, 2014

My husband and I had the chance to stay at Vichy springs. Words cannot explain the amazing experience we had! We were invited to stay at the Vichy from the wonderful family who owns the springs resort. They welcomed us into this beautiful hidden gem and were so kind and such wonderful people. We arrived to our cabin, which was so clean, quit, comfortable, open, and decorated very charming. We gathered our towels and swim suits and made our way to the hot tub and natural baths. We spent three days and nights soaking in the healing waters and could truly feel our bodies transforming. Our skin was glowing and it was the first time in months we felt completely relaxed. After the three days we felt renewed! The massages were incredible, they have great therapists and a massage was the perfect way to end our stay at the vichy springs. This place is truly special and it is a place we will bring our family and friends back to in the future! Thank you for the stay, we will never forget it!

Room Tip: We stayed in a cabin which was really nice. Especially if you like to cook, great kitchen. Also real...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Taylor T
San Jose, California
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We had the chance to spend a couple of nights in this fantastic hotel during Christmas break. The property is definitely the most peaceful place around San Francisco.
The weather was fantastic so we experienced both the mineral baths and Jacuzzi : so relaxing!! Our cottage was extremely clean and charming, ideal for the three of us.
The owners, Gilbert and Marjorie made this moment unique and we will visit them again very soon.
Thanks Vichy Spring Resort Team !

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Carbondale, Illinois
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at Vichy Springs. I had a creekside room, and since it was early Spring, I seemed to have the resort to myself. Great night's sleep in my room, and yes, you can hear the creek, very pleasant. The baths themselves are amazing, like soaking in champagne. Great breakfast!

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
South Pasadena, California, United States
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Stayed for a night in Mountain View room #2 after riding all day on a motorcycle from Oregon.
Arrived under a full harvest moon and was pleased to find the baths were open to guests until 2AM. They are a series of tubs linked to this amazing spring that has very bubbly warm mineral-rich water that continually flows. Had an amazing soak after a long day of riding and was very pleased at the peaceful meditative quality of the grounds. On the way back to the room many deer were casually strolling and grazing on the lawn. The breakfast consisted of alot of fruit and cereals. Could have had some more protein besides the hard-boiled eggs. Great swim in the lap pool followed. Checkout at noon is great giving you the extra time to enjoy the waters one last time. Go ahead and drink some! It's the only source of Vichy water in America. The other is in Vichy, France. I will return. Great place to stay near the wine country.

Room Tip: It might be worth upgrading to a cottage. We had some odd people on either side of our room that smo...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mike G
San Francisco, California
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We love Vichy Springs! Our fourth time visiting. Our cottage was fabulous, very clean and with a full service kitchen so you have the option of cooking. Large and spacious bathroom. My kids had their own bedroom, which is great. Our cottage also had a wood stove and a little living room area. Perfect for our family. The cottage has its own veranda equipped with a table and four chairs. The grounds are maintained well with picnic tables. Very quiet and very relaxing. The pool is fantastic and huge. Loved being in the hot tubs in the evening and star gazing. The breakfast is a feast. Marjorie and Gilbert are very hospitable, friendly and accommodating. We definitely will be going back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Maryam D
Boulder Creek, California
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Went with my Mom and grandpa for an unconventional bachelorette weekend. Loved the mineral baths and our massages. Sorry I forget the names of the massage therapists but I think my papa had Patty and he said she was amazing. Hiked to Chemisal Falls, no waterfall though because it was summer but still a fun hike. Like other reviews, only real negative is the shooting range within earshot. Breakfast was nice and casual. We would stay again.

Room Tip: We were in the big cottage which seemed to be the closest to everything which was nice...for people...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank belladanyelle
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ukiah
The Lodge at Blue Lakes
Super 8 Ukiah
Super 8 Ukiah
#6 of 15 in Ukiah
Best Western Orchard Inn

Been to Vichy Springs Resort? Share your experiences!