“A unique place!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Ukiah B&B and Inns
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“A unique place!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

This is a great place to unwind. We rented cottage 26, which is beautiful and spacious--not at all like a hotel room. I could stay a week. My only comment thus far is that the kitchen is not well stocked. There are 4 glasses, no wine glasses. There are 4 plates, not a single serving plate or bowl. No salad bowl. No baking tray, so you can't heat anything up. I believe there are 3 forks. We have a vacation rental and many people really like to stay home and cook. Basic spices are good, potholders, etc... Not to beat a dead horse, but a little could go a long way. OTHERWISE--turkeys, trails, tubs, deer, it's all good!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank desertbarb

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Ennice, North Carolina
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stumbled on this place while looking through a local tourism magazine as we drove down Highway 101. They have a full resort facility, but I opted for the $30 day pass which allows access to the mineral baths, hot tub, and swimming pool, as well as all the hiking trails on the expansive property. The mineral spring and baths were located down a lovely garden path that I'm sure is full of flowers in spring and summer. The trail took me across a wisteria covered bridge that must be spectacular when in bloom. There were enclosed cubicles with twin tubs for a private bath or a row of tubs outside if you want to go the nature & sunshine route. It is made very clear that bathing suits are mandatory since this is a co-ed area, but the enclosed cubicles do have locks so I'm guessing you could shed the suit behind locked doors.

I was given detailed instructions at the front desk and found it easy to set the drain and fill the tub. It's a pretty deep vessel but entry and exit wasn't difficult. I was the only person there and went for one of the outside tubs. I settled into the bubbling water. The sun was shining, I had a view of the hills and the sound of the creek running nearby. It was blissful! I'm sure the medicinal benefits would be the same if there were other patrons present but it sure was nice to have peace, quiet, and the place to myself.

After about an hour, (maybe more, I lost track of time) I did a long soak in the hot tub to loosen my muscles, then enjoyed a 90 minute massage from the lovely Patty. Candles, soft music, aromatic oils, and the skilled hands of an experienced practitioner. More bliss!

The day pass allowed me the rest of the afternoon on the property and I could have gone back to the mineral baths for another session or spent time at the pool or walking trails, but it was time to get back on the road. I'm not sure what their resort packages costs, but my day pass and massage came in under $200. We spent the previous night at an excellent Best Western on Orchard St. in Ukiah, (less than $65/night through Priceline) and found several great places to eat in town, (see my reviews on those for details.) so I'd consider staying off property and just splurging on a long day of relaxation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank GingerBC
San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 25, 2013

they would maximize the use of that gorgeous place by adding a few amenities, doing a few minor upgrades, and engaging in some creative marketing. They could really use some more food options that are available to the guests. Once you;re all comfortable and cozy at your room, the inconvenience of having to leave to eat is annoying ... just a small selective menu ... maybe even delivery from local restaurants ... delivered in real cookware that is retuned the following day or week ... (creative marketing - use the local businesses and their local ingredients and cuisine .. which you could also sell in the gift area at the hotel ... it needs more items anyway ..)

And the rooms need to come with robes and slippers ... it's a spa hotel ... come on ...
and then the renovations they need are to that walk way to the tubs ... and from the hot tub to the baths ... that could be spruced up a bit ...

but it is a gorgeous location and the tubs feel AMZING!!! I will come back, but it would be nice to have access to food while there ... even just a fridge and coffee maker in the room would be nice .. thank you

Room Tip: bring a robe and slippers and food ... that doesn't need to be refrigerated or cooked ...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank kellidog
Alameda, California, United States
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My husband and I decided that this year we would go for a relaxing retreat rather than spending money on objects for Christmas. 2012 was an amazing year, but hectic and full of stressful life events for us, so a retreat was just what we needed.

The Vichy mineral baths are not only incredibly relaxing but super fun to hang out in. They are described as champagne baths bc you get this rad tingly bubble action going on as you lounge in the warm water. Very very relaxing. We also felt great after drinking the water. We were staying over New Years Eve, so we discovered that water was a perfect hang over cure.

We have lots of eating restrictions so our idea of a perfect getaway generally involves the ability to cook our own meals so that we don't get stuck eating bland salads the entire time. We got so lucky to have stayed in one of the cottages with a gas fireplace (very romantic), gas stove, and a fully equipped kitchen. If you are heading up from the bay area you can stop in Petaluma for meal and stock up on groceries at Whole Foods. Ukiah does have a very cool COOP though, just in case you need to grab a few things, but a bit pricey. We hope to go back when there is warmer weather and use the outdoor BBQ in the common area.

It is hard to choose whether we enjoyed the springs or the incredible hiking more. The property is 700 acres and the owner Gilbert does a great job keeping up the trails. If you have any questions or need recommendations pop into the front office. Everyone was super sweet and accommodating.

Best way to follow up a hike and soak in the bathes is a massage... Shona and Lucy are both very talented therapists and we'd recommend either one.

Room Tip: Recommend the cottage for the kitchen and privacy.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Sarah G
Pederagal, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Again and again I return to this beautiful resort and am never disappointed.
The magical waters, hiking, wildlife and beautiful grounds add to the enjoyment of our stay.
The staff are professionals and very helpful. We love the massages which are exceptional. My favorite still is star gazing in the spa late at night.
Will continue to return and tell my friends about this fabulous resort. Love that it is low key but has all the amenities to make our stay perfect.

Room Tip: Cottages are fabulous-complete houses
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank CaboMargo
Santa Barbara, California, United States
Reviewed October 22, 2012

From the moment we arrived to this beautiful spa resort tucked into the hills, I could feel relaxation set in. The staff was warm and friendly and accommodating. We arrived late, and were golf carted to our cottage which was warm and beautifully appointed. We enjoyed a great sleep in the super comfortable bed and then a delicious breakfast with tons of fresh fruit, fantastic coffee and delicious pastries. Hiking in the hills was breath-taking, peaceful, and invigorating. But the best part of all was definitely the mineral baths. Soaking in this naturally carbonated mineral water felt like floating in champagne and better yet, when out of the bath after only 20 minutes I could see and feel that my skin was better. Blemishes seemed to disappear, balance was restored to my acne prone, oily skin. It was lovely, easy and with no down-sides or side-effects. I would have recommended this spa to anyone, but to those with skin conditions, it is a MUST!
They make no claims of health on their website or at the resort, but speaking as a recent visitor and also as a practicing physician, I am very convinced that there are indeed health benefits with this natural mineral spring water. I know that internationally, it is accepted that such water has healing, medicinal properties. I think that this is just that and we who have the opportunity to try it, owe it to ourselves. If nothing more, it is relaxing and who doesn't need a little of that?
Thank you Vichy Springs Resort staff! I am already looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Mara S
San Francisco
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We were hoping for leaf color but were couple of weeks too early - that being said the mineral baths are quite nice! Suggest you get in them early (between 9:00 and 11:00) to catch the strongest velocity, noticed that once they filled up didn't seem to bubble as much. Everything is simple, nice and rustic, clean and relaxing - the mineral hot tub was also quite nice; Great plants on the grounds and the accommodations are simple but clean and pleasant - comfy beds, privacy and the view from the mountain room was very nice. Overall, a great base camp for hiking, dinners in Ukiah are great (YOU MUST TRY THE UKIAH PILSNER at the Ukiah Brew house!!) Def served the purpose of helping to shake off the 100 hour work week. We'll go back sometime for sure!

Room Tip: Mountain view is not a huge mountain, the river view rooms are closer to the tubs, but its not the l...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ukiah
The Lodge at Blue Lakes
#5 of 15 in Ukiah
Super 8 Ukiah
Super 8 Ukiah
#6 of 15 in Ukiah

Been to Vichy Springs Resort? Share your experiences!