Vichy Springs Resort
$89
$65
Motel 6
  • Pool
All reviewshot springsgranolapastriescreekside roomhealing watersmark twainthe cottagespicnic tablesswimming poolhistoric resortvista pointunique placefull kitchenwinter monthspeaceful settingget away from it allrelaxing getaway
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My husband and I just spent a week at Vichy Springs Resort with our 7 month old. We are in California for our August holidays from France. As we are very familiar with the waters of Vichy France, we were very curious to visit Vichy in California. We thouroughly enjoyed our visit. We each had a massage. Honestly, the best massage I have ever had. After the massages we soaked in the mineral baths with our little one. It was the perfect temperature for him. He loved the bubbles. We went for a hike just before sunset. It was beautiful. The property is breathtaking. We loved seeing the deer in the morning on our way to breakfast. The breakfast was delicious with a gorgeous variety of fruit and pastries. We discovered a berry that we had never had before, a lolliberry. Not sure if it exists in France. It looks like what we call a mure. The pool was refreshing and relaxing. Overall we spent a wonderful week at Vichy Springs. We hope to make it a tradition to come back every year.

Room Tip: We stayed in a cottage and loved it.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We had a creekside room and were very happy with our room. Large fluffy bed and the bathroom was not at all small. We arrived at dinner time and ordered pizza. The front office staff brought us plates, silverware, wine glasses and a corkscrew. Had a relaxing dinner on one of the picnic tables and then enjoyed the Springs! Breakfast was the nicesest continental breakfast we have had. Flowers on the tables, linen table clothes, darn good french pastries, beautiful fruit. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2012

and you will remind yourself of that multiple times per day because without the water there is no reason to go. Food options at "resort"? None except the breakfast they serve. Its pasteries and fruit and yogurt with bagels. Eggs, sausage nope. Lunch/dinner you have to leave the property, closest food is a 10 min drive. They have 2 places that delivery to them. A chinese and a italian. I am really glad I chose to vist the chinese restaurant. It was the dirtiest restaurant i have been to. We left as soon as we walked in. I fear for the people who order it and eat it without seeing where it came from. I am not a snob when it comes to restaurants but when the menus are stained and you can hear the cook clearing phelm from his throat it is a health risk not taking.
The rooms were motel quality. The bathroom was a joke. I have been in bigger airport bathrooms. There is nothing more to say
The pool is very nice and big and then there is the "famous" water. Rusted, tepid, lightly bubbling baths. I would suggest going in the summer or I do think you will freeze.
Overall it is an experience place. i would say go once. That is enough and dont pay for a pricey room or cottage. There truly is no point because you are there for the water.

Room Tip: **If you are local get a day pass and experience the water. Much better value then staying the night
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Jenkr
Reviewed July 29, 2012

It's a very nice place, as others have commented.
Note that the rooms and bathrooms are extremely small, without TV, fridge or microwave. There are some picnic tables but no BBQs, so you basically have to take your meals in Ukiah (2.5 miles). I have not seen any restaurant in the area, in the same class as the hotel.
So arrive early, soak, get a massage or walk to the falls, relax and hit the road after breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank ca_roamer
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We have been relaxing here as often as possible for years. The grounds and rooms / cottages are well maintained and the carbonated mineral spring water is nearly undescribable.They call them "champagne baths", my body literally feels as if I am submerged in bubbling champagne.I have psoriasis. Thank you Vichy Springs Resort, I have finally found relief for my condition. As far as I am concerned... It is the "Fountain of Youth". They also provide fresh continental breakfast and a wonderful staff. We highly recommend this resort.

Room Tip: The creekside rooms are most conviently located. They are next to game room and near Olympic sized pool. The cottages provide a bit more privacy and personal space.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple