“A little piece of heaven!”

and 1 more site!
Vichy Springs Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Ukiah B&B and Inns
Springville, New York
“A little piece of heaven!”
Reviewed August 1, 2011

If a vacation in a peaceful setting with only the noise of gurgling streams and singing birds appeals to you, then this is the place for you. The huge pool and mineral baths were quiet and relaxing. The property is huge and there are several hiking trails including one to a set of pretty waterfalls. The breakfast was very good with fresh pastry, fruit and cereal. We had a simple but pretty room (Creekside) and when we opened the window at night it was the first time we ever fell asleep to the sound of a babbling brook. We also had a couples massage which was most relaxing especially after soaking in the tubs and hot jacuzzi. We missed having a TV at night but leaving it all behind and chilling out is part of the charm of this hidden gem...bring a book along and relax!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Krista J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Walnut Creek, California
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I have been going to Vichy Hot Springs once a year for several years.

Pros:
I like the gardens, flowers, environment and the springs.
The breakfast is good and hearty, and the rooms are small and beautifully appointed.\
I also enjoy the hiking trails and the baths.

The cons:
1. The noice from the shooting ring near by. You can hear it by the pool, especially in the morning.
2. They allow day use and sometimes it gets very crowded and it is hard to find an open mineral bath. On one stay, they had a big group of people coming in, and they were loud, noisy and used all the facilities. It was awful. They should limit the number of day users mainly on the weekends. It is not fair for the guests that paid full price to stay there, since the resort is not cheap.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BayAreaTra
Sao Jorge, Portugal
Reviewed July 28, 2011

On a road-trip back from Oregon, I stumbled upon Vichy Hot Springs. It couldn't have been a more perfect to spend the last night of my trip. The manager let me check in a little early, so I immediately went to the pool, the spa, then an individual tub. I've been to other hot springs (Esalen, Turkey), but never to carbonated springs. The sensation was completely different than anything I've experienced. The water bubbles along your skin, then all of a sudden, the most lovely, peaceful warmth generates throughout your body.
The rooms are lined up ranch-style...no TV's and beautifully furnished. You are very close to your neighbor, though. There were several families when I stayed, playing softball on the lawn into the evening. Everything quieted down by 9pm. A lovely breakfast awaits you in the morning.
Although the spring water is amazing, I prefer a little more privacy in my accomodation. A great place to return with family.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank littlefoot129
Taylorsville, California
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Vichy has great compact, comfortable rooms without TVs and I love that. It's not clothing optional however there are private outdoor rooms and they are heavenly. Since it's a warm spring, it's best during warmer weather. No sulphur smell, the bubbles make it seem like you're floating in a champagne glass. Staff is great, breakfast is great and it's family friendly.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Piedmont, CA
Reviewed July 26, 2011

My beau and I spent a day here several years ago and have been looking forward to going back for an overnight stay ever since. We finally made it for a long weekend at the end of July.

Our stay was wonderful. The grounds are gorgeous. I recommend the hike back to the waterfall. It isn't far, probably a mile or a mile & 1/2 but it takes a while because you have to hop back and forth across the creek on rocks and logs 6 or 7 times. We also did another hike -- one of the loops that was fairly easy and very pretty.

The swimming pool is fantastic. The mineral baths are lovely. It's very nice to use them after dark because you can see some of the stars from your tub. And, it's nice to go back and forth from the mineral tub to the hot pool.

Only two reasons I didn't give Vichy Springs 5 stars. First, the bed was squeaky and bouncy. When either of us rolled over, the bed shook and squeaked for several seconds. Second, breakfast -- the buffet is very nice and has loads of fruit, but its low on protein. I suggest added peanut butter and unsweetened yogurt.

We had such a lovely time we are going to make this an annual visit.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank berttaylorhanson
Monterey, California
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Yes, the springs are great - relaxing, recharging and bubbly good fun. Yes, the grounds are beautiful. What I was even more impressed by is the care taken to create such a clean, comfortable, beautiful and welcoming environment. Everyone seemed to feel as comfortable as if the place was their own. And, it seemed to run so effortlessly and unobtrusively (now there's a skillful hospitality trick). It felt like as much a labor of love as a business venture; and even though I was paying for the privledge of being there, I found myself so grateful that the owners maintain and keep such a special place available. Treat yourself and try it out.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 18, 2011

Vichy Springs is one of the prettiest spots in Northern California and is the perfect spot to relax in comfort while exploring the northern Wine Country. I enjoyed every moment of my visit.

My friends and I would wake up each morning and scamper across the lawn to the hot springs. We would soak in the bubbly baths for a while until we were ready for a brief visit to the gorgeous hot tub and finally breakfast. (Not before waving hello to the wild turkeys cruising the lawn!) BREAKFAST. This is one of the great breakfasts of all time. There is so much variety and everything was really fresh. After breakfast we explored the great hiking trails behind the resort. We were there in mid-April and the wildflowers were so pretty and popping up everywhere. Walking along the creek we saw newts and frogs. On another hike we climbed up into the hills and found stunning views of the Ukiah Valley below. This is a special place.

I highly recommend a visit to Vichy. It's a quiet haven where you can chill out and forget about everything else. (If you want to be connected they have really good free wifi.) We stayed in a beautiful two-bedroom cottage that had a full kitchen and a living room. We could have stayed forever! Ukiah is about five minutes away and has a great museum, eating, walking and shopping options. You can also be in Montgomery Woods State Park in about 30 minutes by car and bask in the greatness of immense old-growth redwoods.

So many people ignore the northern Wine Country. Get up there and stay at Vichy. I promise you'll love it. It's one of California's best kept secrets.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank carewpig
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ukiah
The Lodge at Blue Lakes
Super 8 Ukiah
Super 8 Ukiah
#5 of 15 in Ukiah
Best Western Orchard Inn

Been to Vichy Springs Resort? Share your experiences!