“Total Relaxation”

Shambhala Ranch - A Mendocino County Retreat Center
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ukiah
Shambhala Ranch - A Mendocino County Retreat Center
Ranked #2 of 2 Ukiah B&B and Inns
San Francisco
“Total Relaxation”
Reviewed October 1, 2007

My fiance and I stumbled across Shambhala Ranch in our on-line search for a relaxing few days near Mendocino and this was an amazing find; Beautiful grounds in the midst of freshly grown fruits and vegetables everywhere you turn; A refreshing swim in the natural spring pond; a hike through the property or the surrounding woodlands; an incredible massage from Tara and Stuart; an evening hot tub with a bottle of wine; fresh fruits, breads, and juices for breakfast....Shambhala definately provided us the relaxing place we were needing after several months of wedding planning and the built up anxiety that comes with it....

Anyway, if you are looking for a friendly eco-like retreat where the activities range from swimming, cooking dinner with fellow guests and hosts, hiking, reading, and simply breathing...I would definately suggest making a trip. And you always have Mendocino about 45 minutes away if you want to head into town for the day or spend a few hours at the beach.

Well, this place would also have been absolutely ideal for our wedding, its too bad we didnt know about beforehand. The owners make you feel like you are in your own home and there probably would not have been a better place to spend a week with our family and friends...

Hope you all have a chance to check it out...

• Liked — The entire laid back feel
  • Disliked — no air conditioner on a hot day
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
7 Thank jplils

Families
Richmond, CA
Reviewed September 2, 2007

My daughter recently had her wedding at Shambhala Ranch and everything was just wonderful. The setting was stunning and everyone had a great time - a number of people commented it was the best wedding they had ever attended, and that was certainly true for me.

The wedding party and families stayed at the ranch for a couple of nights. The rooms were beautiful and comfortable. We had a lot of fun working together to do all the wedding day and rehearsal dinner preparations. The staff was very helpful and efficient and did a number of nice extra things like putting out umbrellas for the guests during a ceremony and distributing the wedding flowers in the bedrooms afterwards.

We could not have been happier with how this memorable day turned out.

• Liked — The rooms were interestingly decorated and the living areas were spacious and open to the beautiful outdoor surroundings.
  • Stayed June 2007
California
Reviewed August 14, 2007

WOW! What a GREAT experience I had staying at Shambhala Ranch August 5-8, 2007! I am so glad to have had this experience. I attended a retreat and the grounds were well manicured, the pond pristine and the weather rocked! But really, I was impressed with the house itself and the warmth of the staff. There was someone there in the begining to welcome me with a friendly smile and I could tell attention to detail was apparent everywhere, down to the "Thank you for being here" notes by each bed and fresh flowers. I found the ranch to be very clean and it even sparkeled; there seemed to be "something" in the air that was other-worldly. It was beautiful, making my experience of a quiet, meditive time a wonderful and memorable experience! Thank you, Shambhala Ranch and the owners and staff for such a gem and great experience! I will return, FOR SURE; can't wait!
-Signed a grateful retreat attendee.

• Liked — Eco friendly! Off the Grid! Beautiful scenic views, quiet, pristine and relaxing.
  • Disliked — Come with everything you need; stores are a distance away.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank katrina777
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ukiah
Comfort Inn & Suites Ukiah
#2 of 4 in Philo
Heritage House Resort
Heritage House Resort
#2 of 2 in Little River

Been to Shambhala Ranch - A Mendocino County Retreat Center? Share your experiences!