“OK for overnight”

Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Ukiah
San Jose, California
“OK for overnight”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We enjoy staying at this hotel when traveling from Central California to Southern Oregon. It's just about mid-way and conveniently situated right off the highway. We've had great stays here and have had average stays here.

There were shipping containers in the parking lot and that usually means a face lift is in progress. Our bed this trip was WONDERFUL and the TV was a flat screen with a very difficult to use remote. Never did figure out how to put the timer on.

LOTS of families stay here and if you want a good nights sleep, request the top floor. We've always gotten the top floor before, but this time we were one floor down. What a difference. Kids running and doors slamming above us until late in the evening.

Although we don't usually take advantage of the free breakfast, we thought we might the morning we left. That didn't happen! Most of the food (at 0830) was gone or picked over and It seemed like every child that kept us up the night before was in the breakfast area with their parents. We chose to get coffee and a pastry from the Starbucks about a block away.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ukiahcahotels, Webmaster at Fairfield Inn & Suites Ukiah Mendocino County, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments and being a regular guest. I’m sorry that your recent visit was less pleasant because of actions by other guests. While others can sometimes be unruly, we do what we can to maintain a peaceful and restful environment. I apologize for any inconvenience, and I hope this experience doesn’t detract from your positive opinion of the hotel. We look forward to having you with us again.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Pool and hot tub were wonderful, albeit small. The rooms are very nice and modern, very up to date, and the bed is nice. The room also has a fridge and microwave. Hotel staff was very prompt. Very nice accommodations for the price!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Manteca, California
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Most important, our room was very clean and quiet. The in room air conditioner was noisy when it ran, but it worked well. The staff was friendly and helpful. They were able to answer questions about our destination (avenue of giants) and gave us several helpful brochures. They were able to recommend close restaurants. The location is nice because you can walk to Walmart across the street. Also, Applebees and an Italian Steakhouse are an easy walk. When we had a problem with the TV remote, the staff was right on it and worked out a solution. When we asked for pool towels, the desk clerk gave us towels and made sure there was a stack in the pool area for other guests. Breakfast was decent having scrambled eggs and bacon in addition to the usual cereal, etc. The parking was fine. The pool was clean and both the pool and spa had lifts for the handicap. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
San Jose, Ca
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Upon check in the front desk staff looked lost. Was not sure if I or the person in front of me had a reservation or not. We both did. They all seemed new to the job and poorly trained.

I got checked into my room. All looked good and clean. Until it was time for sleep. Pillows smelled of cigarette smoke. I called to the front desk. They got me to fresh ones. But, I had to go get them
as only one person at the desk at night.

As far as parking was concerned. I use a handicap space when open. There were none. In fact, the parking lot was almost full and parking was less that ideal for me.

I will go back to The Best Western in Ukiah next time I need a hotel there.

Room Tip: Check your pillows for smoke orders when first arriving.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Alan W
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry that a few small issues detracted from your stay. We take pride in the quality and cleanliness of the property and in the courtesy of our desk staff, and I’m sorry there was some momentary confusion. I’m also sorry that other guests were using all disabled spaces. That’s an unusual occurrence. I hope you will reconsider and stay with us again. We strive to get better and better every day.

Tiburon, California
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Little more hustle and less bustle would improve this hotel/motel over all. The staff either needs more training or perhaps they didn;t have any Marriott training. Really uninspired greeting and not much interaction after that. Best thing it is a Marriott so your pretty much going to get value.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry that you found our staff lacking. Other than the greeting, you don’t mention any specific issues so I can’t respond directly to any comment except to say that I’m sorry if we fell short of your expectations. We satisfy hundreds of guests each month and sincerely wish we could have satisfied you too.

Eureka, CA
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Parking spaces are too small and there's not enough regular and handicapped accessible spaces. Hard to get luggage out due to restricted space. Didn't stay because I found the handicapped accessible room to be too dark and narrow for my comfort.

Room Tip: OK if you don't have any special needs or very much luggage. Take a small car. Good location f...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Virginia
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We spent one night at this property after a long days drive. We requested a double bed room but ended up with a queen. The management went out of their way to make it up to us. Due to local forest fires the fire crews filled up the place unexpectedly. The management was great. I would rather sleep on a roll-a-way than have a forest fire raging. If in the area we'll stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family