“Wonderful Place”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Ukiah Mendocino County
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Ukiah
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Upon arriving in the small town of Ukiah, California, where we recently moved to be near the City of Ten Thousand Buddhas, we did not have a place to live. Our plans were to stay at the Fairfield Inn until we located a house or apartment. We ended up staying nearly a month at the Fairfield because of the housing shortage in Ukiah. It was a wonderful stay. Each day the maid service cleaned and I do mean a complete cleaning of the room. The rooms were spacious with upscale furniture and beds were so comfortable I wanted to take one with me! The staff went out of their way to make our stay special. The breakfast bar was just like home cooking except we did not do the work. I would suggest that anyone who needs to stay a night or nearly a month at the Ukiah Fairfield will not be disappointed. I never tip for hotel rooms and I do mean never. This was an exception because of the excellent maid service. Don't forget to join the Marrott Rewards. It helps with the cost and you earn free nights.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I travel every week and divide my time between Hilton and Marriott properties as a Fold member of both.

This is the poorest Marriott I have ever been in and I will think twice about choosing a Fairfield property in the future. The room is clean but there were several maintenance issues brought to the Front Desk attention yesterday - torn lamp shade on the desk, bathroom exhaust fan doesn't work, no cover over the fluorescent bulbs over the bathroom mirror. It is late afternoon and NONE have been addressed. Though it was offered to change rooms, I declined but now wish I had. It was noisy last night with TVs blaring, people slamming doors and general unruliness of guests.

Clearly this hotel does NOT meet the Marriott standard nor does it meet the standard of the Hampton Inn next door (I stayed there several months ago).

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Paula S
ukiahcahotels, Webmaster at Fairfield Inn & Suites Ukiah Mendocino County, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m terribly sorry that you were given a room that should have been temporarily out of service. I cannot understand your decision to reject our offer of another room. While we can’t always fix every problem immediately because of the need for parts or supplies, we can always offer a different room when available. I sincerely apologize that we were not able to meet your expectations on this trip, but I hope you will try us again.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We were back in Ukiah for an anniversary celebration and stayed at the Fairfield INn & Suites. It has a location that was easy to find. The breakfast was hot & tasty, although do-it-yourself waffles never seem to cook long enough in these places. The room was comfortable and the A/C worked well as it was quite warm, even for the end of September. Being as how I lived in Ukiah area for 13 years, it was interesting to return for the first time since 1997. The hotel was room was quite clean and basically quiet.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 29, 2012

This is one of the best hotels around. The man behind the desk was the nicest ever. We walked in and had been up-graded to a king business suite. Sweet. The room was great with 2 rooms with a TV in each. The room was very quite and the breakfast was good, too. We enjoyed the hot tub. If ever that way again would love to stay again.. Walmart across street, good parking lot.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This Fairfield Inn was easy to find, and had a very convenient location. Just a few blocks away was the main road thru town, and everything was located nearby. Easy on and off of Hwy 101.
they gave us great recommendations for lunch and dinner. Both were excellent. Good breakfast, which we expect at a Marriott property. Room was very clean and spacious.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2012

It has a convenience location. Wal-mart and Applebee are just crossed the street. I am surprised that the room which is very small. But the hotel has a salt water swimming pool. Usually only high-end hotel would have that facility. It is a bonus! The complimentary breakfast is above average. It offers "Bacon & Egg Hot Breakfast". It is very pleasant. The night shift staff is helpful. Provides a lot of tourist information to us. Great Job!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Overall clean and comfortable. Spacious room. I really dislike the beds that Fairfield uses, kind of like sleeping on a foam mattress, very soft, although I did sleep okay (and no backache!). A/C worked well. Good selection of TV channels but used an ordinary CRT rather than HD. Breakfast was not good - waffles were rubbery and the orange juice very watered down. Room was quiet. Good room-darkening curtains. Bathroom vent did not work. I got one of their last rooms so I didn't complain about the vent. The clerk was busy at check-in. I did not have my rewards card with me but mentioned that I was a rewards member. I had to look up the number myself and have it added to the room the next day (most hotels will look it up for you). The wireless internet worked flawlessly.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo