“Good Beer and now Pizza”

Ukiah Brewing Company & Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 100 Restaurants in Ukiah
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Brew Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Love the fact that everything Ukiah Brewing Co. serves if Organic and GMO free. Cant find many of these places aroound when travelling. The new owners have updated the restaurant and it is very nice now. Servers are very nice and helpful. Love the new pizza menu. And the Beer is excellent.

There are newer reviews for Ukiah Brewing Company & Restaurant

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We left the motel area behind and and found Ukiah Brewing Company centrally located in downtown. A good choise with many local people, nice staff and good food.
The starter was garlic bread, much better than what you usually get. Our main dishes were New York steak with mash/coleslaw and chicken salad respectively. We both had a tasty root beer of a local brand. All in all a very nice experience, also because we now had a feeling that we had a feeling that we had actually visited Ukiah before pushing on the following morning.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Pictures at http://pintsizedrevelations.blogspot.com/2013/09/ukiah-brewing-ukiah-ca.html

7/2/13

On the way to our night on the coast at Timber Cove Inn, we had limited time for a lunch stop in Ukiah. Beer travel is always about decisions. We almost drove out of the way to Lagunitas that we had done a few days earlier, but the 108 degree inland temperature dissuaded us of this option. In Ukiah, the choice is between Mendocino Brewing's Ale House and Ukiah Brewing. Medocino is more easily available, so we decided to hit the local-only beer stop that had the veggie friendly menu.

Walking in the steepled downtown building on the corner, we sat at a high top table just inside the door, relieved that the AC was working well. Garlic bites (versions of which, especially Gilroy garlic, we've been eating all week) and a full rack of all of the samples to start. Overall, the samples were fairly well brewed but only a few would inspire me to another pint. Easily the best beer of the stop was the Emancipator, a rich and flavorful doppelbock that's was a bit hot and lacks cohesion for the style; however, it was fun to drink. The most unique beer from this organic brewery was the Narrow Yarrow: yarrow flowers substituted for hops; some malt in the nose but no flowery support; floral note shows on the tongue with a sweetness; interesting but not excellent. The natural cut fries were satisfying but the tempeh burger read better on the menu than a reality, or it may have lacked in comparison to the amazing tempeh burger that we had at Stone World Bistro last year.

From the size of the speakers nearby, the place seems to be a nightly music venue, so maybe that is their role in the community. Taking a look at the About Us section of their website, UBC, as it's known locally, was the first certified organic brewery in the United States in 2000 (2nd organic restaurant). I was perfectly happy with the stop, having few delusions from reading the reviews. While not an amazing brewery that I will go out of my way for again, clearly UBC very much believes in its mission and works to fulfill it in this small California community.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

We have stopped here many times and the food is very good, but on 9/13 we stopped by around 2 in the afternoon. The Marguerite Pizza was dry with hardly any sauce or cheese and little flavor. This used to be my favorite. The bus boy was overly friendly and he said he was had too much time on his hands. I thought to myself he could wipe the tables better. Ours was sticky and the rug need vacuming I don't think I will return here on my next trip to Ukiah..

Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

The waiter and waitress were awesome. The pizza was delicious. Slightly expensive but considering all the ingredients are organic, I call it even. The beer was delicious as well. The offer a 10% discount to military which I wasn't expecting. Thank you