“Great Thai restaurant”

Dining options: Reservations
Los Angeles
“Great Thai restaurant”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Being on a road (mostly camping) for 2 weeks, and eating all kinds of junk and crappy food, I was craving for something Asian. Looked up Thai on Tripadvisor and Yelp. This restaurant came up as a highly recommended place.
Since I was with a 3 year old (and it was close to 9 pm), I ordered my food for to-go. I had chef's special for that day: assorted seafood in mango curry. The bill came to 20 bucks with rice. Not cheap but totally worth it.
First of all, the portion was very generous: I ate it for two days (2 dinners).
The quality was superb: the seafood was cooked to perfection (i.e. not overcooked). Curry was very aromatic and it was a good combination of being spicy, but not too hot, because I hate when they make curries so hot, you can't even distinct any flavors.
The restaurant itself is very nice, very romantic vibe to it.
I highly recommend this place.

• Visited July 2013

Martinez, California
“Great food”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We had the basil fried rice with chicken and the Pad Thai with shrimp. Both were served very hot and the favors were delicious. For dessert, we split the fried bananas with ice cream which was super yummy.

Visited July 2013
Eugene, Oregon
“Lovely visit”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

It was a wonderful meal in the midst of a road trip. It was a tiring trip and we sure loved sitting down and eating the wonderful soup. The waiter and server were very kind and inviting. They were all too happy to let us stay way past the meal for tea and respite. These are kind and generous folks. The food was way above average. I would go back on any day.

• Visited July 2013
Ukiah, California
“Very good food; good service”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great menu; wonderful selections for vegans. Had a really good curry dish. The second dish was a real tasty blend of vegetables. Spring rolls were tasty but greasier than we'd prefer. We'll be back.

• Visited May 2013
Redwood Valley, California
“Not a great value”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Been to Ruen Tong several times. I appreciate the authenticity of the decor and that it's actually a Thai family running it. I would say the food is authentic but in reality the Thai food you get in America is a different animal altogether from the food you get in Thailand. I appreciate it that their pad thai isn't overly sweet and they do offer local wines. My hesitation is that it is unusually expensive for Thai and portions are smaller than we are used to. The salad roll appetizer is $9 for just a few pieces. $18 for a lunch special with talapia--one of the cheapest fishes available. Just not a great value. We don't find the food to be anything special.

Visited May 2013