“BEST 1 star in the WEST”
Review of Super 8 Ukiah

Super 8 Ukiah
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Ukiah
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Elk Grove
“BEST 1 star in the WEST”
Reviewed December 3, 2008

We have stayed here two years in a row and was not dissapointed either time. This hotel has the most comfortable beds for a budget hotel on the earth. It is family ran and they are very personable. Anything they can help with they will. The pool is clean and the hot tub is great after a long day of disc golfing. Would definately reccomend the Super 8.

• Liked — Beds
  • Disliked — No ESPN
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Ellensburg, Washington
Reviewed September 24, 2008

Excellent in most every respect.

Neat, clean, well maintained.

We had stayed at this property previously, and timed our trip through Washington, Oregon and the California redwoods to stay here enroute to San Francisco and Santa Cruz.

It's definitely not upscale...but as as a moderately priced mid-range motel it's more than satisfactory.

Our room was, once again, large, furnished with a comfortable queen bed, sofa, t.v., coffee maker, refrigerator and microwave.

A/C worked fine, and the furnishings and decorations were tasteful and attractive. Bathroom was up-do-date and clean.

We highly recommend this property.

• Liked — Large, comfortable, clean and moderately priced accommodation.
  • Disliked — No dislikes
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Providence, RI
Reviewed September 18, 2008

I stayed here for 4 weeks as a travel nurse. The facility was quiet and comfortable. The Manager and his family were very friendly, courteous and helpful in all aspects of finding things around here...

• Liked — The staff and the quiet since I work nigths and sleep days
  • Disliked — the vending machines Broken...
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
San Bernardino
Reviewed September 1, 2008

Currently contesting charges directly with Super 8 corporation:

7/20 I called @ 7:22 for 6 mins spoke to the owner and reserved 4 rooms. I was on vacation w/a family caravan on way to camp site in Northern CA. We decided to continue driving past Ukiah. I called back at 7:59, spoke to a female for 3 mins & asked her if I could cancel reservations as we had decided to keep driving. I lost the call at 8:01 and spoke to her again at 8:04. She told me she heard me make the reservations w/the owner, hemmed and hawed and said it was okay, she would cancel and my credit card would not be charged for the 4 rms. I thanked her. I returned on vac a week later and checked my bank account balance and saw that I had been charged for the 4 rooms at $355.xx. I called & spoke to the owner on Mon 7/28 at 11:13 and contested the charge, and told him that I spoke to the female on Sunday and she told me that the cancellation was fine and I wouldn't be charged. He said she did not say that. He told me his name was Mr. Patel and it was Betty who worked on Sunday and spoke to me. He stated that he was standing right there next to her when I called and that she did not say the cancellation was okay. I told him that was not true - and that she told me she would cancel w/no charge. I told him I would have taken the reservation and stayed in Ukiah if she said otherwise. Why would I have continued driving knowing that I would have been charged for the 4 rooms? I wish to have my bank account credited back for the $355.xx. Thank you

• Liked — n/a
  • Disliked — Dispute regard charges and lack of communicating cancellation policy
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank redwoodcamper
California
Reviewed August 19, 2008

I travel on business often and when my other hotel chain left me a little disappointed overall, I went looking for something compareable and with better service. I found this Super 8 to be a clean & a comfortable enviorment to rest and relax. I am pleased with the overall service they provide and have been coming here for several months. I would recommend this hotel to friends and family. Thank you.

• Liked — Friendly service
  • Disliked — Waking up the next morning.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed August 5, 2008

I stayed at the Super 8 Ukiah the weekend of July 26, 2008. I was taking a class at the Solar Living center to learn how to create a solar powered house. It was great class by the way :)

The Super 8 Ukiah was exceptionally clean, great amenities, quiet, with a quick breakfast included and free parking. It was very close to freeway so I could quickly get on the road.

The manager was very nice upon checkout showed me the remodel he had done. I was pretty happy with everything and would easily stay here again when I am up there for another class.

The price was also amazing, $72 per night!!! Everywhere else i called was more money and I cannot imagine their rooms being as clean, this place looked brand new!

• Stayed July 2008
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed July 27, 2008

I don't get what others are raving about. It's a decent motel -- very basic. Pool is unheated, and is very cold since the nights here are always cold. Jacuzzi is tepid. You can get a good price ($60) if you shop around, but if you just show up it's twice that. Housekeeping was awful -- they took out our garbage, so I know they were in the room, but they didn't take the dirty towels or leave clean ones, nor did they make the bed. The manager has 16 views of the property on closed circuit TV at his desk, and watches them assiduously. We got along fine with him and his wife, but that's only because we never complained -- we saw some doozy scenes when other guests weren't so accommodating. Location is bad if you want to be in walking distance to anything other than the post office, DMV and CHP office.

• Liked — Simple, cheap
  • Disliked — Testy manager, bad housekeeping, cold pool
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family