“Mr”

Super 8 Ukiah
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Ukiah
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This has become our half-way stop and it's great to see reinvestment and improvements throughout including comfortable beds, high speed internet (and plug-ins), DISH TV, flat screens, organic coffee, recycling baskets, overall eco friendliness, and upgraded furnishings. The owners and staff are very friendly and accommodating. Traffic noise is non-existent. My only nit-picks are the shower/tub/flushing water noise through the plumbing in a room above us (not a reasonable change to make) and that there is no room with a handicap walk-in shower available. This is an excellent value and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank JohnHLC

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Room, and the property in general, was very clean, very well maintained. Friendly manager. Freeway noise was not a problem. Only nit: pillows are the thick, firm kind; I don't know how people can sleep on those but most hotels seem to have them. Bonus points: a good sized desk with lamp and electric outlets handy, plus an adjustable office-type chair.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank gkvaughn
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 27, 2013

This is the best Super 8 I have stayed at, and I've stayed at over a dozen. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the room was clean and well appointed, and even though it is next to a freeway it was quiet in my second-story room. The breakfasts are good, with a variety of choices; cereal, waffles, toast, eggs, pastries. There is even an outdoor pool. Give this motel a try!

Room Tip: Room 202 had a great couch, a useful desk, a king-size bed, a refrigerator, and was quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kenneth B
Reviewed December 26, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Thomas G
Reviewed December 24, 2013

The first room I was given was 46 degrees and no heat when I complained I was asked to wait 15 minutes to see if the heater came on, which it didn't so I called the office back and they moved me to another room if I would go to the lobby and get the key .I was asked why the heater was not plugged in and my response was It is your establishment I have no idea. The 2nd room was cold but the heat came on but the room did not get warm until 1:30 in the morning and I needed to be some place at 7 so I didn't get much sleep. People ran up and down the stairs all night, sounded like they were having a party. When I used the bathroom I felt I had company from next door, the walls were really thin. There was snow and ice on the ground one would expect it to be warmer. It is close to where my Dad resides so I was expecting it to be an ok place to come once a month, but have since changed my mind and will find another place.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 20, 2013

This is my fourth stay here over ~8 years. If a budget hotel can be beautiful, this one is. The rooms are attractive and comfortable. They have mini-fridges and microwaves, etc. as well as a good lobby breakfast. I agree with the reviewer who said it is constantly being upgraded. The location is great, close to downtown Ukiah. Have not found a better Super 8 anywhere, and it beats the pants off Motel 6.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple