“Excellent”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Santa Cruz, Ca.
“Excellent”
Reviewed May 11, 2008

We were very impressed with the room &the amenities. Clean, quiet, and reasonably priced. Try the waffles i the morning!

Stayed May 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
California
Reviewed May 8, 2008

I stay here regularly and find it comfortable and convenient. The service is friendly and the TV station list is the best in the area. Other motels nearby don't even have a PBS station on their list. You could pay more for more stars, but this venue serves me well. Oh, and the little non-chain restaurant next door has an interesting menu at reasonable prices.

• Liked — TV
  • Disliked — Friendly Staff
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
milpitas,ca
Reviewed April 27, 2008

I visit my kid in Ukiah almost every month. Super 8 Ukiah has always been the choice. The owner is friendly and allows us to check out at noon instead of 11AM, plus we get to hang around the pool even after we checkout.

My kid loves the free breakfast there. The motel is right next to a fine local family owned restaurant Henny Penny.

Overall we have very good experiences at this place. Rooms are clean and free internet access (WiFi and RJ45) is a big plus.

• Liked — free breakfast and internet access
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
Oregon
Reviewed January 7, 2008

The customer service here was just fantastic and the gentleman at the front desk was so kind and service oriented. A great place, clean and sharp and the price was extreeeeemly reasonable. Accepted pet for a small nightly fee. If you need a decent affordable place, this would be an excellent choice.

Stayed January 2008
1 Thank TLOU
san francisco
Reviewed December 31, 2007

Upon checking in, the owner boasted about his 1/2 million dollar renovations, and even showed me a before and after photo of the building's exterior. Great, I thought, he takes pride, and likely maintains the interior to the same standard. I was wrong.
The carpet had not been vacuumed, nor the shower, or counter-tops cleaned. When I turned back the blankets, I noticed the sheet over the mattress was not fitted, and slipped through the night. The box spring had no cover, and looked a little funky exposed. Only two pillows were provided, so I walked to the office for two more.
The hotel has about 50 rooms, yet he filled only one wing, and had us all crammed in, one booked room next to another. The result was hearing room and car doors constantly slamming as folks brought in luggage. Also, the neighboring room had an issue with the electronic key card reader on the door. The door was opened and closed about 30 times. The walls are paper-thin, and you can hear everything.
I turned on the heat, and after 15-20 minutes thought the room was still very cold. The curtains looked like a hot-air balloon, as all of the heat was going right to the window. I had to prop a pair of boots on the heater against the curtains to heat the room properly.
The hotel widely advertises expanded cable, yet the cable in my room was exactly 12 channels, and not the 48 they listed. In the morning, I decided to make coffee in the room. When I opened the back to pour in water, I was greeted by a 4-inch floating chunky of mold that resembled a lily pad.
I know you "get what you pay for", but for my $75, I expect a lot more. My partner and I have also stayed at the Days Inn in Ukiah, and wished we would've booked a room there! It's about the same price (or less), and rustic. Our room looked more like a cabin, and was a much more comfortable stay. Do yourself a favor, skip Super 8, and go to the Days Inn.

• Liked — the roof over my head
  • Disliked — pretty much everything else...
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank andymatters
This coast or the other
Reviewed December 12, 2007

All the other reviews were right, this place is a bargain and the auto club discount made it an even better deal. When my husband needed a room for his business trip I picked this place after seeing the reviews here, particularly a room picture, and was pleased with the decision. I got to tag along on the trip and planned to stay in the room part of the day so the amenities like wireless internet and the fridge were important to me.

The owner was friendly and greeted us cheerfully on arrival. When I needed extra shampoo the next day he got it taken care of promptly and I appreciated that. I can't speak to the hotel breakfast offerings because we headed to the restaurant next door for a full breakfast after looking over the restaurant menu provided in the hotel room.

We liked the cozy one king bed room. The space that would have held a second bed was instead used for a couch and small table where my husband did work while I used the desk for my laptop. The room had everything I needed including a microwave and coffee so I was happy there and the next time a trip to Ukiah is needed we plan to stay there again.

• Liked — Strong wireless internet connection
  • Disliked — Shower/tub is slightly dim due to light location
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
3 Thank BirthdayPrincess
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed December 5, 2007

I went for couple days to Redwood Valley, CA and stayed at Super 8 in Ukiah. I got room with king size bed for 125$ for two nights. Room was spacious with nice design and everything I needed in it. Very, very satisfied.

• Liked — Clean, nice, spacious
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled solo