“friendly staff and nice hot tub”
Review of Super 8 Ukiah

Super 8 Ukiah
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Ukiah
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Foster City, California
“friendly staff and nice hot tub”
Reviewed September 10, 2011

I got a bunch of friends signed up with me on a metric century bike ride in Hopland (Campovida winery) and we needed a place to stay. Campovida recommended Super8 for its rate and their green culture. So we stayed there for 2 nights. Needless to say, it was a very pleasant experience. The rate is a deal, the room is very decent, great service, there is a nice pool and hot tub that we use every evening, and of course friendly staff. I highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: The rate is cheaper if you book online then calling them diirectly. That's what the receptionist...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Middletown, California
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Very good value for the money! Great friendly service. We have stayed a few times and will continue to do so when in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Oakland, California
Reviewed September 4, 2011

My sister and I visited Mendocino County for the Labor Day weekend and were really happy with our stay in Super 8 in Ukiah. The room was clean and well appointed. It's got a bit more personality than the usual motel room, and the writing desk and good wifi were super useful. The manager at the front desk also was very courteous. It's everything you want with your lodging for any price.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Billings, Montana
Reviewed August 29, 2011

The manager Rakesh is very helpful. The rooms are very clean, and nice. For the price is an outsanding value. Its the best super 8 I ever stayed. Quiet and family friendly.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
Reviewed August 17, 2011

I stayed here for one night on my way to Arcata. It was my first time patronizing a Super 8, and I hope it will be my last. All I was expecting was a basic, clean room. I go a room that smelled bad, was small, and so close to the freeway I could read the insignia on the baseball caps of people driving by. There are bushes and landscaping in the front of the motel, but only a chain link fence in the back by the freeway. Very bleak. The owners have tried to update, but the place still needs a lot of work. Pluses include a small, but pleasant pool area and a pet friendly policy. I had my dog with me and cleaned-up after him. Unfortunately, many pet owners did not -- shame! The website mentions spa facilities several times; with the freeway noise and the cheap beer in the vending machines there is nothing remotely spa-like about this place.

The last straw for me was when the toilet stopped flushing. I asked my teenage son to call the front desk and he was informed that some one would bring a plunger to our room. After an hour no one showed up, so I stopped by the office on my way to dinner. I was told that I needed to get the plunger myself. I'm a budget traveler, but this was a first for me. I made a short and surprisingly calm speech about customer service and when we returned to our room the toilet was fixed.

One reason for the lack of service may be that this motel appears to house homeless people in exchange for vouchers from local social agencies. The management is not used to customers who expect and demand basic services. For $98 a night, I should not have to schelp across the parking lot and get my own plunger! BTW, the homeless people were polite and respectful. Avoid this place because of the lack of service not because of them.

I travel to Arcata often to visit my daughter at HSU so I drove around town to scope out better accommodations for future stop-overs. The options are limited. The Ukiah Co-op is awesome, I ate in a great Thai restaurant, and there is a brewery that looks intriguing. But, if I need a place to sleep for the night I'll go down the highway to Willits or Ferndale.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
California
Reviewed August 7, 2011

This Super 8 is definitely as good as the other reviews say. We were just stopping by for the night, and it was a nice room at a good price. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed July 2, 2011

We only stayed here one night, but were very impressed with the room. It felt like a palace after some of the other budget hotels we'd stayed at! Very friendly staff as well. The breakfast was also the best we'd had on our trip, consisting of cereal, bagels, simple waffles, fruit, and the standard beverages. An excellent stay!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family