Discovery Inn Ukiah, CA
$89
$150
$146
Agoda.com
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 9, 2005

I had reserved a room for two nights. I even called on the first night to say we would be in around 10 pm and was told that would be no problem. When we arrived there our card key would not work. We went to the desk clerk who said it should work and we tried again to no avail. This time another clerk tried the door and his card key did not work either. He said he would give us the room next door, but when he tried to open it his key didn't work on that room either. So, we were left without a room and two very tired kids at 11 pm. We ended up driving 4 hours back home. We were very disappointed and will not go there again.

• Stayed: May 2005
4  Thank littleheart36
Sunnyvale, ca
Reviewed August 22, 2004

rooms are clean and comfortable and seem to be quiet too!
Will stay again.
Only complaint is that the person making waffles on the week end does not speak english very well and I don't speak spainish so it took a little longer to get allof us fed.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 14, 2004

Come on people...be fair! There aren't a whole lot of hotels/motels in the $80 range that don't contain a small percentage of undesirables. For the price, my husband, daughter and I had a blast in the pool. It was very clean and didn't contain the obscene amount of chemicals normally found in public locations. We found our room comfortable and the "continental breakfast" offered many options, including a server who made fresh waffles on the spot. The beds were a little hard, (and this coming from a person who likes firm mattresses), but again, I'm not talking about a luxury suite. The room was large and contained 2 beds, a table and chairs, dresser, t.v. (with HBO movie channels), and a refrigerator. I guess I must have low expectations? I thought we got what we paid for and we will return in the future!

• Stayed: August 2004
8  Thank jkshaviland
Eureka, California
Reviewed March 3, 2004

I just read the two revues of the Discovery Inn in Ukiah California and can't believe what I was reading. I've been going to the Discovery Inn in Ukiah for many years. I've always had a pleasent stay never heard noisy people and never heard our neighbors either. We love their jaccuzzi room and pool. They prepare a great continental breakfast. It does have a buzy intersection, but for Ukiah??? compared to a big city it's nothing. I'm a successful business owner and could stay anywhere.
I've tried the newer hotels/motels in Ukiah, just to wish I had not.
I've seen a lot of business owners from the north coast staying there when my family was. I don't think I'm trailer trash??? (I have five children and being a father I would never put a twenty-one month old child in a room by itself outside my home.)

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Jose, CA
Reviewed December 29, 2003

I do not recommend the Discovery Inn, my experience is that they are not well organized and can be very unprofessional. My wife and I stayed at this motel on 12/28/03. I selected it because they advertized an excellent internet rate for a double (adjoining) rooms. We have a 21 month old and wanted a separate room to put her down in. After seeing it on the net, I called the motel directly and had a 10 minute conversation with the night clerk confirming the details including the cost. When we arrived late in the evening they had given our double room away (even though we had confirmed with a credit card) and had us down for a single room instead. It was with only much effort that we were able to get a double room. The next morning the (now different) clerks (possibly managers) claimed the cost for the room was DOUBLE what the internet said and what I was quoted over the phone. When I calmly asserted that they needed to honor the prices I was quoted, the clerk became very rude and all but called me a liar and a cheat.

The same night another family member had stayed at the Hampton Inn in Ukiah. This hotel is new and the staff much more professional, I recommend staying there instead.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member