“My families favorite stop over”

Discovery Inn Ukiah, CA
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Ukiah
A TripAdvisor Member
“My families favorite stop over”
Reviewed March 3, 2004

I just read the two revues of the Discovery Inn in Ukiah California and can't believe what I was reading. I've been going to the Discovery Inn in Ukiah for many years. I've always had a pleasent stay never heard noisy people and never heard our neighbors either. We love their jaccuzzi room and pool. They prepare a great continental breakfast. It does have a buzy intersection, but for Ukiah??? compared to a big city it's nothing. I'm a successful business owner and could stay anywhere.
I've tried the newer hotels/motels in Ukiah, just to wish I had not.
I've seen a lot of business owners from the north coast staying there when my family was. I don't think I'm trailer trash??? (I have five children and being a father I would never put a twenty-one month old child in a room by itself outside my home.)

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed December 29, 2003

I do not recommend the Discovery Inn, my experience is that they are not well organized and can be very unprofessional. My wife and I stayed at this motel on 12/28/03. I selected it because they advertized an excellent internet rate for a double (adjoining) rooms. We have a 21 month old and wanted a separate room to put her down in. After seeing it on the net, I called the motel directly and had a 10 minute conversation with the night clerk confirming the details including the cost. When we arrived late in the evening they had given our double room away (even though we had confirmed with a credit card) and had us down for a single room instead. It was with only much effort that we were able to get a double room. The next morning the (now different) clerks (possibly managers) claimed the cost for the room was DOUBLE what the internet said and what I was quoted over the phone. When I calmly asserted that they needed to honor the prices I was quoted, the clerk became very rude and all but called me a liar and a cheat.

The same night another family member had stayed at the Hampton Inn in Ukiah. This hotel is new and the staff much more professional, I recommend staying there instead.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Ukiah hotels

Reviewed August 27, 2003

The Discovery Inn appears to be the nicest motel in Ukiah, based on their website and other online info. What we found was a middle-of-the-road motel, at a very busy intersection, with lots of trailer trash guests. We paid extra for the King Deluxe room. It was large, but sparsely furnished. We were on the end of the building, so we had people walking around three sides of our room, being noisy all night. The walls and floors are thin, so you hear your neighbors talking and walking. We paid $80, that's with the 10% AAA discount. For less money, I'd rather have stayed at a newer motel. We drove by a few others to get to the Discovery Inn, and they definitely looked better.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Travelers also viewed these Ukiah hotels
Quality Inn
Americas Best Value Inn- Ukiah
Hampton Inn Ukiah
Hampton Inn Ukiah
#1 of 15 in Ukiah

Been to Discovery Inn Ukiah, CA? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Discovery Inn Ukiah, CA

Property: Discovery Inn Ukiah, CA
Address: 1340 N State St, Ukiah, CA 95482-3420
Location: United States > California > Mendocino County > Ukiah
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Ukiah
Hotel Class:2 star — Discovery Inn Ukiah, CA 2*
Welcome to newly renovated Discovery Inn Ukiah in the heart of Mendocino County. As a guest of our charming, spacious hotel, you'll experience friendly, professional service as well as immaculate, inviting guestrooms and suites. Discovery Inn Ukiah offers guests several accommodation choices with a number of deluxe amenities that are standard in every guestroom such as complimentary WiFi and premium cable television. All 111 guestrooms and suites are furnished with a warm, welcoming decor and provide plenty of spacious comfort for your Ukiah getaway. Microwave ovens and refrigerators are in every room, and our suites come with full kitchens. If you are traveling with your pet, we can provide special hotel lodgings in our "pet wing," where your best friend will be truly pampered. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your Discovery Inn Ukiah, CA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Discovery Hotel Ukiah