“Sorry we went”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We are new to the area and were looking for authentic Italian food. That being said, we did not find it here. Our fried prawn appetizer turned out to be small butterflied shrimp you can find in the frozen food section at Safeway. I ordered a trio of, lobster, shrimp, and crab ravioli, and my husband had the grilled salmon, with a mushroom risotto, the dinners came with a choice of salad or soup, The white bean soup was good and garlicky, and my husbands salad was nice, the dinners not as nice. The salmon was grilled nicely and seemed to be fresh but the risotto which my husband was really looking forward to was mushy and tasteless, the ravioli was really awful, although each ravioli was shaped differently you could not distinguish what was inside them, they all tasted the same, They could have had chicken inside them, not the lovely seafood I was expecting, also they were not "al dente" which is unforgivable.This restaurant is pricey, which might lead some to believe that the food must be good, not so. Service was alright considering our waitress seemed to be the only one on the floor, but our meal was rushed with appetizer, soup and salad still on the table when our meals got there. We will not go back again.

3  Thank hatter49

Reviewed January 15, 2014

I love to have dinner here. Always good food and good service. They have a wide variety of Italian food from beef, vegetarian, fish, steak, etc. They are a little bit on the pricey side but it is well worth every penny. This is quality Italian food.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

I had one of the lunch special. It was the Meatball Sandwich. I thought it was going to be just the sandwich. The meal came with a sandwich and pasta and meat sauce. There was more food than I could eat. The food tasted good. One of the people that was with us had the all you could eat soup special. There where five different soups that you can try. He had all five of them. He said that all where very good.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Had a great dining experience. Wonderful ravioli dish and a penne with prawns dish. Food was real good; a taste oasis in Ukiah! Pricey but I'll go back.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Great food. Not your Americanized version of Italian cuisine. Went with my family and taste tested their meals. Halibut was fantastic and melted in your mouth and the ravioli and tortellini were great because the marinara sauce was out of this world. We sat outside and enjoyed the night air and ambiance. We were served by Simona herself. Very friendly and hospitable and we enjoyed talking with her about all kinds of things from music and food to parenting. I highly recommend Simona's and will definitely being going back when we visit Ukiah again. Not open on Sundays.