“Was not what we asked for!”
Review of Hampton Inn Ukiah

Hampton Inn Ukiah
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Ukiah
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We were very disappointed. Our 25th Anniversary ruined. Had a reservation for a nice room, and was told somebody else decided to stay longer. We waited for service for a good length of time. We got placed in a dark room in back in a corner overlooking parking lot, no sliding glass door, but a regular door to a small patio, over looking dumpster and back abandoned area of who knows what. Room would not cool down. Water pipes from other room sounded like a flood coming through the wall. Had to move heavy end table and plug in lights.

Room Tip: We stayed once before and got a better room, which is why we went back this time. Rooms overlooking...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Suzie S

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Not quite sure what is going on, but the front-desk manager and staff show no love anymore. They could care less when you are checking in....I'm a gold member with Hilton, and they did not recognize this nor did they provid the usual welcome treats. There were no breakfast 'to go' bags at 8AM, leading me to belive they had none.

Key card didn't work on first attempt, and the facility is starting to show some age. Overall, nothing special and kind of a drag.

Definitely not what I expect from Hampton brand hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
AnnEverett, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ukiah, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

I apologize that you did not receive the level of customer service you are accustomed to when coming to a Hilton brand property. Our staff continually strives to make our guests feel at home at Hampton Inn Ukiah; when something is noted not up to par, we all take notice, and get together to see how we may fix the issue for next time. Our hotel is in the process of being renovated, and you will be seeing many updates to both lobby and room furnishings. Front desk team members are always in training, and your comments have been addressed with everyone at the desk so they may provide better service. Our breakfast bags are available Monday through Friday, 6-10am, per Hampton. We hope to see you again soon, and provide the Hampton experience you expect when visiting our property.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

When I stepped out of my car in the parking lot, I was met with a blast of noise that I thought was coming from a raucous party that one of the guests was having. The "music" followed me into the lobby and down the hall. The clerk was very courteous in explaining that he couldn't turn down the volume because it was controlled at another location. He also let me know that I wasn't the only person who had complained about the noise, and reassured me that I wouldn't hear it in my room (which turned out to be true). If I hadn't been so tired, I would have gone next door to the Marriott. Apart from the noise pollution, the room was clean, the bathroom was clean (but there was a shortage of towel racks), the breakfast was very good, the dining area very pleasant, and the pool and hot tub looked inviting. Surroundings in general quite nice. Internet access int the rooms was confusing because when you log on the screen says something about billing you, even though WiFi is advertised as free. Bad interface design. I would probably go back to this hotel, resigned to their insensitivity to guests' need for quiet and their contribution to the noise pollution that wears us down (sirens, airplanes, trucks, leaf blowers, lawn mowers, etc.) and takes a toll on our health (scientific evidence backs this up) that we're not aware of.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments about the music in our lobby. Every comment is valued and applied for better customer service whenever possible. Our lobby/ parking area music volume has been lowered by request.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Hey but if you have to work, what a better place to stay! I just don't know if I can say enough about this place. Everytime I would look around and find something better. The staff was great, the cleanliness was impeccable. Rooms were clean and neat, no maintenance problems that I could see, After a hard day, used the spa, and oh what a relief it was, there were towels close by and again everything was clean and neat. Breakfast was very good for a motel stay. Lots of fruit. Overall, it was great!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank blackoak2006
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I got in to Ukiah after a 12 hour travel day and all I wanted to do was have dinner and go to bed. I asked at the front desk for a dinner recommendation and the manager on duty directed me to the restaurant right next door. I appreciated the close proximity after a long day. The hotel itself was very well maintained and I slept very well. The breakfast buffet in the morning was more than adequate and offered a a good variety. Overall, if I was ever in this town again, I would definitely choose this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nancy M
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Our stay was amazing to stay the least. While it was just a one night stopover, I was wishing I could get another day out of it by check-out. We did have a slight issue with our first room as it smelt very acidic, almost as if the previous guest had gotten sick in the room. However, when we brought the issue to the attention of the front desk staff, we were accommodated to a second room instantly. The hotel offered one of the best breakfasts of our entire journey, and the staff was always on top of everything. The hotel has truly lived up to the Hilton brand.

Room Tip: The hotel is designed so that the lobby naturally flows into the first floor rooms. For more privacy...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Family stayed there on a Thursday night. Room and bathroom were quite spacious, clean and comfortable. Service was excellent. Hot breakfast was good. Consisted of cheese omelette, slices of sausages, french toast, hot oatmeal along with assorted fruit, yogurt, etc.and they constantly kept the food filled. The pool and hot tub were kept heated for those who enjoyed the night soaking. Thank you staff.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ukiah
Comfort Inn & Suites Ukiah
Best Western Orchard Inn
The Lodge at Blue Lakes
The Lodge at Blue Lakes
#2 of 3 in Upper Lake

Been to Hampton Inn Ukiah? Share your experiences!