“Very Disappointed after a long time”
Review of Hampton Inn Ukiah

Hampton Inn Ukiah
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Ukiah
Reviewed October 13, 2011

We stay at this hotel everytime we come to do business in Ukiah. We always call a week or more in advance and ask for a third floor room facing the pool (asking for quietest room).
Last time we were there, they put us in a room on the first floor with a lot of traffic outside our window. The clerk there was very rude, and when i called and asked for a wakeup call, she never put it in. I wrote a note to the Manager and never rec'd a call or anything from her.
I guess they do not care if customers are upset or not. The lady at the desk in the morning was apologetic and gave us a little bit of discount for the inconvenience. But the clerk at night was so very rude, and unapologetic that we wont be back there if we can help it.

Room Tip: Even if you call two weeks ahead of time, they dont honor your request.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank mimjones
AnnEverett, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ukiah, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2011

I have had opportunity to read your evaluation of your last stay as compared with this stay, and am sorry to see that the customer service that you have come to expect from our hotel staff was not present. I apologize that I have not been able to respond to your comment until today, I have been away from the hotel for the past ten days. My front desk supervisor briefed me on the issues you faced during your stay, and said she had spoken with you in the morning at time of your check out. I assure you that the front desk staff will be addressed as to your wake up call, which I am aware is so important! Her attitude towards you, our guest, will be addressed as well. Bad behavior towards our guests will not be tolerated by myself or by our ownership. This has been an unusually busy summer for us this year and during this time it is sometimes difficult to accomadate a guest room placement preference because of a guest date extension (stayover) or unavoidable maintenance issue that may have come up. On a normal basis, we always look at guest preferences when assigning rooms, but rooms are assigned morning of guest arrival because of this reason.

I do sincerely apologize for our customer service failure. I am always looking for ways to improve our guest experience, and any failings that we might improve on. Thank you for making me aware of what happened to you. I hope that you give us the chance to rectify your unhappy stay with us. This is most certainly not up to our usual standard as a Hampton brand hotel!

I would be pleased to speak with you now that I have returned, and would love to welcome you back to Ukiah at Hampton Inn.

Reviewed September 20, 2011

This is a fantastic little hotel. The reception staff were genuinely warm and helpful - we were checked in within minutes.

The room istelf is standard HI - quite large and spacious, well maintained and very clean. Lots of nice touches such as the little foot jam on the room door that allows you to get your suitcase into the room without having to struggle to keep the door open. Coffee maker and fridge included and a decent TV with lots of channels. Towels in the bathroom were large, white and thick/fluffy - I liked them. Nice outside pool to the rear of the hotel (enclosed garden). Breakfast area had free tea/coffe al day and breakfast was fine - lots of it, fairly good choice and the whole area kept stocked and clean. Couldn't fault it.

We had some neighbours in the next room who had there TV on very loud (I think they were deaf) I called reception and they immediately offered to either a) talk to the other guests or b) move us. I opted for the latter and we were asked (without any hesitation) to gather out belongings and they would advise us which room to move to. Within about 3 minutes the man from reception arrived at our door with new room keys - supurb service and all done with a genuine smile. I was honestly impressed as we were made to feel like we were being bothersome.

The hotel management certainly know how to empower their staff. In return, their staff are a credit to themselves and the hotel - I would recommend this hitel without hesitation.

5 stars and thank you Hampton Inn Ukiah.

Room Tip: If you have children and want to keep an eye on them whilst they're in the pool, ask for a room...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank dogsareforlife
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I stayed here with a buddy while in transit on a 500 mile motorcycle ride in Northern California. The hotel was sold out from numerous wedding groups but seemed to handle itself fine including having our room reserved and ready as asked--and stocking the breakfast area even when busy. The room was typical of a Hampton but the linens felt new and the air conditioning worked perfectly. My only complaint would be that we had a courtyard facing room and even with the shades open it was still pretty dimly lit during the day. (Could be a positive for some).

The restaurant next door "Branches" was convenient and delicious, albeit pricey for Ukiah. I will stay here again if I ever return to Ukiah.

Room Tip: Inward Facing Rooms Are A Little Dark
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Loungesong
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I still like this as the best Hotel in Ukiah, Clean and friendly service.
Nice breakfast bar.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank mimjones
Reviewed June 5, 2011

I hooked up with a friend here on the Friday before Memorial Day before a trip up to the northern redwoods. My Hilton Gold status was honored with a room on the 3rd floor overlooking the fish pond and pool. All of the rooms on that side have a (small) balcony. The room had plenty of space. Everything was clean and ran well, although the TV was one of those old-style thick TVs. Unlike another reviewer, I never heard another guest, although the hotel was full. The grounds, including a handsome fish pond, are well-maintained. The usual Hampton breakfast was well-replenished, and there was plenty of seating room, which sometimes is a challenge for some Hamptons. There is also a separate sink outside the bathroom, and a workable mini fridge and microwave oven.
Other than wishing that they had more modern TV's, I have no complaints

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank lebelgo
Reviewed May 28, 2011

I have stayed at this Hampton Inn four times in the past year and have not been disappointed. The front desk staff are friendly and remembered my name after my first visit- very impressive. They knew what my room preference was and made sure that I had that room even though it was not the one that I had booked online. I will continue to use this hotel for future business trips to the area.

Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 28, 2011

I suppose this would have been classified as a "Leisure" trip, had we not been in Ukiah to deal with a family emergency. We know this area of town and have always been impressed with the Hilton hotels and inns in general(I am a cardholder). It was therefore easy to decide to stay at the Hampton Inn, right next to the Branches complex (restaurant, pub, bar, deli, pastry shop, market). At the front desk was Ann, who graciously and effortlessly checked us in and gave information. Already, the heavy stress seemed to be lifting. Returning after 6 PM, we went to our room on the third floor overlooking the pool, mountains, and of course Airport Park Blvd. As always, the bed was comfortable and came with two sets of pillows, coffee maker, plenty of space, a good bathroom with separate wash area, and of course the coffee maker. Since a continental breakfast is included in the rate of $117, we didn't need to bother with the coffee machine. Light sleepers may wish to bring earplugs, as occupants in the adjoining room seemed to have their heat on, switching on and off once the temperatures were reached. After a very nice dinner at Branches (superb fish and chips with fresh cod and perfectly prepared hamburger), sleep came easily despite the annoyances next door. Breakfast offers many sweet and fattening items, but at least fresh fruit, yoghurts, cereal provide sustenance. At check-out, Ann was once again to take care of things.

Why Hampton Inn and not Garden Inn, I asked myself. I suspect that the Hilton Garden Inn has a restaurant and lounge, whereas the Hampton Inn is strategically situated near several restaurants. One peculiarity. Room service is supposed to be offered through Branches, but the only menu available in the room was only for Applebee's. Neither one, it seems, provides room service. This is a minor concern and, along with the thin walls, will not detract from our overall satisfaction. I could give this property four stars but am giving it five because everything worked and the staff handled everything with class.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank M-man11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ukiah
Comfort Inn & Suites Ukiah
#3 of 15 in Ukiah
Baechtel Creek Inn
Baechtel Creek Inn
#4 of 9 in Willits

Been to Hampton Inn Ukiah? Share your experiences!