“Great stay!”

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Ukiah
United States
“Great stay!”
Reviewed November 6, 2007

Family of four, stayed only one night at this property on a road trip through the area. We stay at Hampton Inns quite often, and felt this was one of the better ones. Room was clean and spacious. LOVED the double sink feature, with one sink outside the bathroom door. Sliding door led to a balcony with a nice view of the courtyard with pool. We didn't try the heated pool and spa, but others seemed to enjoy it (not bothered by any pool noise with the balcony door closed). Beds very comfy. Breakfast standard Hampton Inn fare with good variety of both hot and cold choices. Plenty of room in the parking lot (arrived a bit late in the evening). Very handy fridge and microwave in the room (don't think I thought this was standard when I booked - so unsure if all rooms are similarly equipped). Check in/out quick and easy. The kids liked this place better than the "swanky" place we stayed in San Francisco on the same trip - a more laid back feel with plenty of space.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank VacaBird

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
West Mansfield, Ohio
Reviewed November 5, 2007

This hotel was awesome. Staff was very friendly. Hotel was clean and beds were very comfortable with lots of pillows. Great complimentary supper and breakfast. Great location, nice pool and hot tub.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dawnd1970
NY, New York
Reviewed October 10, 2007

The Hampton Inn was an excellent choice for a couple night stay in Ukiah. We chose to stay the weekend in Ukiah as it was close to the wedding we were attending in Hopland and had a pleasant stay at the Hampton Inn. Conveniently located just off of 101, the Inn was clean and quiet with a pleasant staff. The room is spacious (compared to NYC hotel rooms), the king bed is quiet comfortable - firm with a little give and the water pressure in the shower is good. Even though we arrived late at night and left the room mid-afternoon, check-in was a breeze and the room was cleaned while we were out. A breakfast buffet is included in the room rate and is available until 10am.

Special note: a big kudos to the staff for sending my suit pants to me via Fedex after I forgot and left them in the closet.

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Disliked — Limited nightlife in the area
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SCG2
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed September 14, 2007

Very nice hotel. Decor was tasteful; reception staff were friendly and helpful. The room was spacious, spotlessly clean and kept so during my three night stay. The bed was exceptionally comfortable (firm w/ some give) and the pillows plentiful. The toiletries, "Purity Basics," were high in quality and replenished as needed. A very nice touch was the little packet with cotton balls, Q-tips and a small emery board. There were plenty of choices in the complimentary breakfast: one morning an egg casserole, another morning sausage and potatoes; always: poached eggs, a variety of breads, muffins, and sweet rolls; hot and cold cereals and granola; fresh fruit salad; coffee, juices and tea. For those who were short on time, "To Go" bags in the reception area were stocked with water, fruit, yogurt, a mini muffin and an energy bar. The paper, USA Today, was delivered by 4:00 a.m. (for the Hilton Honors members). I had a very pleasant stay and would most definitely stay again.

• Liked — It's overall appearance, cleanliness, and comfort.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank pagekat
bay area
Reviewed May 29, 2007

I had a wonderful stay at the Ukiah Hampton Inn. The property is fairly new and I thought very clean. I'm a meeting planner and I've seen and stayed at quite a few different hotels. I have to say if you're traveling through and need a nice place to stay I would highly recommend this hotel. The one tiny issue was the swimming pool towels need to be upgraded. Enjoy!

• Liked — clean rooms and pool area
  • Disliked — pool towels
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed May 8, 2007

As a hotelier, I tend to notice a lot of the little things about a hotel stay that regular guests may not. I can tell you the attention to detail put into this property was evident throughout our stay.

I have stayed in the protypical "ark" style Hampton Inn, and some newer Hampton Inn and suites, but this hotel beat them all for design. We stayed on the third floor in a guest room with a balcony overlooking the carefully manicured courtyard, pool and spa. The collection of perennial plants, coupled with the soothing sound of a rippling fountain and carp pond, it was most relaxing after a hard day working.

The guest rooms were large in size, and allowed us to have an at home feeling throughout our 7 night stay. There is an additional sink and vanity area separate from the bathroom which was most helpful, and they even provided make-up remover wipes and shoe shine clothes, so guests don't have to use their washclothes. The refrigerator and microwave were a must, and the bed was extremely comfortable, and touted the newer Hampton Bedding. The Applebee's across the street provided room service one night for us, and delivered it promptly, prepared fresh, and without any additional surcharges I have come to expect with room service at hotels. I was impressed.

What I really appreciated was the friendliness of the staff. Martha checked us in, and was great throughout our stay. The breakfast was always clean, well stocked, and ready to go in the morning. Though we only had our room service once throughout our stay, housekeeping was excellent, and even noticed when we returned "home" late one day with our "do not disturb" sign left on our door all day. The housekeeper followed us down the hall, greeted us, and asked us if we would like service that day.

I rarely have time to spend outside of my own hotel, let alone on vacation with my husband, but this hotel made it truly enjoyable. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Ukiah.

• Liked — courtyard and pool area
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sarahmno
San Jose
Reviewed March 26, 2007

After a horrid camping trip gone wrong, my children and I needed a place to stay. This was the first place I went to...and I asked for a room with a jacuzzi. The redheaded young girl at the front desk was SO nice and understanding. I was almost in tears when I checked-in and she listened to my story and made me feel better.

Once we got to the room, the kids got into their bathing suits and hopped into the jacuzzi. I started the gas fireplace and laid on the bed. For dinner we headed over to Applebees.

I've stayed at 3-4 other Hampton Inns and none have compared to the quality and kindness I received at the Ukiah location.

• Liked — Jacuzzi, king bed, fireplace
  • Disliked — Pool area was minimal
  • Stayed June 2005, traveled with family