“Spacious but Noisy”

Best Western Orchard Inn
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Ukiah
Reviewed August 14, 2013

There are lots of pillows and they are really soft on the king sized bed in the spacious room I stayed in. This hotel is near the freeway so I asked for a room that was furthest from the traffic noise.THe room was quite large. The wash basic was very attractive with lots of counter space to put cosmetics and toiletries; there was an easy chair for reading, and just about all the amenities one needs: flat screen TV, little fridge, etc. The only thing was, that, yes, the freeway sound was just a mere "white noise" slushing but the bathroom vents are probably the loudest you can buy and one of the neighboring rooms had left his vent on all night. Well, I closed my bathroom door thinking that might help, and it may have but as I went to sleep I kept hearing an obnoxious rumbling. I decided that perhaps my air conditioner would help drown out the noise, but it didn't and so I put it up to the highest speed. It seemed to be at a slightly difference frequency than the others I was hearing from the building so there was a roar/then other roar/ and roar/other roar out of synch with each other combatting noises. And in the morning, you an hear all the plumbing noises from other rooms. There are remedies for this (Lowry pipe wrap is one that I happen to know of) but that didn't seem to be the way this building was constructed. I guess if I had been traveling all day I may have just fallen asleep easily despite it all, which is what I usually do, as I fall out mostly as soon as my head hits the pillow. I gave it 5 stars for service as I appreciated that there was a guy on hand at the breakfast room cleaning up and seeming to stay on top of the needs of the diners.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We spent two nights here this summer. It's a pleasant hotel, not far from highway 101, yet quiet. The room was quite large, with a comfortable bed and cozy linens. We had an issue with the air conditioning which was quickly fixed. If in Ukah, this is a great place to spend a night or two.

Room Tip: Second floor is always a good choice.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed 1 night here in February during my Marriage Anniversary. This hotel is located in this very small town named Ukiah. And room was clean. Bedding and bathroom everything was perfect. We were staying here because we didn't get any good hotel in Fort Bragg. We were visiting Pacific Coast. But the stay was really good, enjoyed every single moment. There are small restaurants but not like chains or something. Please research and come to this place because you will not find restaurants as per your taste. I would really recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We had a car trip to Seattle from Ca. We stopped every day on our way back in a different place. This place was our last, and we really needed a decent stay. Well, first of all, they gave us a room that was occupied, we asked for another and the first thing I saw was the dust ruffle on the bed looked like it had been thru the wringer. The one curtain on the window was missing, the pool was dirty, as was the hot tub. Needless to say, I will never stay at this place again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is nothing fancy but exactly what we needed. My family of 5 was traveling through Ukiah with 3 kids and just needed one night. The facilities are simple but clean. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We enjoyed the pool and the morning breakfast which again were nothing fancy but all we really needed. All for a good price.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Nice stay on Highway 101. Just an overnight travel night, so didn't see much of the area. We needed more guidance as to where to eat, however. There should have been more info at the front desk...the diner we ate at was not very exciting, but got a discount due to hotel stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stopped here for the night on the way up the coast and found it to be pretty nice. The pool and hoit tub were clean and relaxing. The room was comfortable and very clean. The breakfast was normal Best Western flare but there was very limited seating in their dinning area. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ukiah
Hampton Inn Ukiah
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#4 of 15 in Ukiah
Best Western Willits Inn

Been to Best Western Orchard Inn? Share your experiences!