“Satisfaction Guaranteed”

Best Western Orchard Inn
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Ukiah
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We stayed at this BW because it afforded us easy access to the places we would be visiting. We found it to be VERY clean, comfortable and decor was well appointed and the staff were all courteous and helpful. What more could one possibly ask for?

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bworchardinn, General Manager at Best Western Orchard Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Thank you Lynda for staying with us at the Orchard Inn, and also for taking the time to review your stay. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. We take special pride in cleanliness and customer service, and appreciate you for taking the time to comment on it. Hope to see you soon and thank you again for staying with us!

Alpesh Jivan

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I was in Ukiah on business. This is the first time I have stayed at this hotel. I've stayed at other hotels in Ukiah before and I thought I would try this one due to the generally positive reviews. I have to say, the people who are writing these glowing reviews are really clueless.

The hotel is conveniently located close to the freeway. It is a relatively new property. The rooms are up to date. There are flat screen TVs, coffee makers, free WiFi (which was very good), updated decor, etc. The sink is in the room, not in the bathroom, but this is fine if you are alone. If you are wish someone, it may be a problem. There is a swimming pool on the property. The staff is friendly, kind, and helpful. These facts are the only reason why I gave this hotel an "average" rating.

Although the hotel is modern, you can tell the owners are cheap. The first room I went to, numerous light bulbs were out and the fire alarm was hanging off the wall. Not a very good sign. Safety should be a priority. I changed rooms.

Aside from this, the worst part is the breakfast. Breakfast is served in the lobby. When I was there, they were doing drywall work in the lobby. Believe it or not, the breakfast serving area was not covered to prevent the dust and fine drywall material from blanketing the breakfast area. The waffle maker, juice bar, etc, were covered in filth. I was stunned.

And as for the breakfast itself, the "eggs" were not eggs. They are some powdered egg, or partial egg mix. The sausages and hash browns were dry as a bone. The only way that they got so dry was that they were re-served from prior days (I was there when breakfast opened so I saw them put out the "fresh" food). A true tip off that a hotel is cheap is the size of their bagels. And sure enough, the bagels were not full size bagels, but the mini-bagels.

As an experienced traveller who is on the road about half a month at times, one starts to developed an awareness of whether the owner is cheap or not based on a few small signs.

If I come back to Ukiah again, I will try not to stay here.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank ViennaLover
Reviewed April 23, 2013

The BEST Best Western in Mendocino County,great pool, hot tub,workout room & Breakfast area! It Has a coming home feeling for me as the personnel are welcoming & attentive. I can count on a pleasant stay in a comfortable & clean room with frig & microwave if I need them!/ It is easy to find from the Gobbi St. off ramp & centrally located for my tasks in The Mendocino County
I have stayed here at least 8 visits,in all kinds of weather, and I am always assured that my needs will be taken care of by their friendly staff.
I enjoy breakfast in their dining area, reading the complimentary USA Today, & seeing up to date news on the TV while enjoying oatmeal & eggs with a tasty cup of coffee & orange juice, as well as yogurt. ,bananas, muffins and cereals. Something for everyone here! , *

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel before on our Washington to California journey as it is a pleasant location to pass the night when you have miles yet to go. The hotel is clean and comfortable. The room decor is a step above most close-to-the-freeway hotels. The staff are pleasant. The breakfast is sufficient.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed here one night on our way to Sonoma. The young man at the front desk was very helpful and gave us some suggestions for dinner. We got room 101, which is next to an exterior door to the parking lot. I had a feeling we'd be unhappy with this and it turned out that we were - the next morning from about 5:30, people went in and out of that door almost non-stop! The room was otherwise comfortable, but the bath towels really need to be replaced - very shabby. I agree that the placement of the sink is weird, and you have to constantly close the bathroom door to access the door to the room, but it was fine. Breakfast was average. This is a good choice if you want the convenience to Hwy 101 and food options nearby.

Room Tip: Room 101 is terrible! Adjacent exit door is used constantly in the early morning and this disturbs s...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Just a block off Highway 101. The sign is so small we almost missed the place, but I'm glad we didn't. The hotel has interior corridors rooms, and ours, (#125) was larger than average and newly renovated. I had read a previous review that questioned the placement of the sink area, (close to the entry and across from the enclosed bath and toilet.) Yes, the room was “open concept” and personally, I like the fact that you can have bath and toilet privacy while someone else brushes their teeth and dries their hair. I also read reviews about noise which wasn't an issue during our stay.

Duvet covers were fresh and comfortable. Lots of pillows. Soft, smooth linens. The morning breakfast was the usual. I do wish there would have been a microwave to warm up the gluten-free muffin I'd bought the night before, but that's no biggie. We bought this room on a bid through Priceline and paid less than $65 for our one night.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 10, 2013

This was a reasonably good Best Western, but I can't say I enjoyed waking up before 5am to the noise of loud plumbing noises. They were loud enough to wake me, and I'm generally a pretty sound sleeper. Otherwise I'd have no complaints whatsoever.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ukiah
Comfort Inn & Suites Ukiah
#4 of 15 in Ukiah
Baechtel Creek Inn
Baechtel Creek Inn
#4 of 8 in Willits

Been to Best Western Orchard Inn? Share your experiences!