“Help... I'm locked out.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Travelodge Ukiah

Travelodge Ukiah
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Ukiah
Peoria, Arizona
“Help... I'm locked out.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

The Travelodge os located right off the 101 which was great, the staff recommended a fantastic local restaurant and the rooms were large and clean. The only problem was that after we went to dinner we were unable to open our room with the key issued and the replacements didn't work either. The desk clerk used a key to open the door for us but we had to always leave someone in the room or we would be locked out again.

Room Tip: Lots of rooms so ask for downstairs
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Concord, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

This was a very pleasant suprise for us. We booked the room through Priceline which gave us a great price and no problems with the reservation at the hotel. We spent two nights at this hotel going to and back from the redwoods. The rooms were very clean and the staff was great. So for the price and location to hwy 101 you can't really beat this place

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Ukiah, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness. TV choices were the only thing I would improve on, it seemed like lots of paid programming. The bathtub was nice and big. The bed was very comfortable, seemed like a pillowtop. If their price was a little lower, I may have never went somewhere else.

Room Tip: I stayed in the lower portion not so close to freeway-not noisy or busy
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
BC Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

We booked by phone a few days earlier, and got a confirmation number. After driving all day we were glad to get to the hotel! We booked 2 rooms, and when checking in we were told they don't have a reservation for us. The confirmaion number doesn't match any of theirs and nothing under our names and they are fully booked.
After getting back in the car still in the parking lot we called the phone number we called to book it, and it was the front desk of the hotel we were at. Went back in and checked again. Nothing she gave us the phone numbers of other local hotels.

My husband asked to use the washroom and was told it was for guests!!!
We called around and all were full, didn't know where we were going to go. Had one more to call - super 8 thank goodness they had two rooms for us!

A few hours later on our road trip I got a call on my cell phone from the Travelodge asking me why we didn't show up for our reservations!!!
I explained out whole one hour episode the night earlier. The lady apologized.
Our credit cards better not be charged!

Stayed August 2012
1 Thank daypassdel

Travelers are raving about these Ukiah hotels

Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

This was a good stop over for us. I have no complaints other than the front desk people did not seem to know too much about the city and directions. But that was a minor inconvenience because everything else was very good. Our room for two was spacious, very clean and comfy. The breakfast was good - the usual cereal, muffins, scrambled eggs and toast or bagels. The motel is especially easy to find if you are travelling north or south on the Redwood Highway. I enjoyed the pool and hot tub. The laundry facilities were also really appreciated. I would not hestitate to stay at this Travelodge again.

Room Tip: The rooms at the end of the building (for second storey) are right near the stairs and especially co...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Sunnyvale, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

The hotel was what you would expect from a Travelodge: clean, convenient to the highway, but, as expected, with not much charm. If you are looking for a predictable place to spend the night, this is probably one of the best in town. What puts this hotel above your average Travelodge is the excellent bed, and having a microwave and a small fridge in the room. The breakfast was also fine (cereal, pastries, coffee). I didn't have a chance to check out the swimming pool or the hot tub.

Now, an indication of how good/bad a hotel really is is how the staff deals with problems. In my case, I pre-paid the room using Hotwire. The hotel had the reservation, but Hotwire failed to send the payment confirmation. In no way this was the hotel's fault but the frontdesk staff didn't allow me to check-in without charging my credit card. After a lot of back and forth, I decided to call Hotwire. It was unpleasant as this took a while and I was standing outside the night window in the cold. After talking to the Hotwire representative, Hotwire called the hotel and the staff changed like magic. They became super nice, apologized for the inconvenient, and quickly checked me. The following morning, they seek me to apologize again for the problem during check in. So even though the staff didn't handle the situation fine at the beginning, they did fix things and apologize profusely for the inconvenient even though it wasn't their fault.

Room Tip: For a quiet room, ask to be away from the highway.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Pacifica, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

3 friends and i stayed here for the Hopland Passport weekend and the hotel was what we expected - clean and a good value. our room had two double beds and while the mattresses were comfy, the pillows were anything but. ironically enough, the pillow cases had either "soft" or "firm" embroidered on them but i found both of my firm pillows to be soft and lumpy. the same can be said for my soft pillows - soft and lumpy.

we spent a lot of time at the hot tub and it was large enough to fit 10-12 adults comfortably, a rare case for most hotels. the temp was just right. no complaints.

the hotel breakfast was all over the place. they had eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy, cereal, yogurt, toast and bagels. i found it to be an odd selection and none of it had good flavor so save your calories and go the Bluebird in Hopland.

i'd called the hotel to ask questions about the logistics for the weekend and they were really helpful. when we arrived, they had the reservation right and were efficient and quite nice. i'd go back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends