“Good Hotel”
Review of Travelodge Ukiah

Travelodge Ukiah
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Ukiah
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness. TV choices were the only thing I would improve on, it seemed like lots of paid programming. The bathtub was nice and big. The bed was very comfortable, seemed like a pillowtop. If their price was a little lower, I may have never went somewhere else.

Room Tip: I stayed in the lower portion not so close to freeway-not noisy or busy
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

We booked by phone a few days earlier, and got a confirmation number. After driving all day we were glad to get to the hotel! We booked 2 rooms, and when checking in we were told they don't have a reservation for us. The confirmaion number doesn't match any of theirs and nothing under our names and they are fully booked.
After getting back in the car still in the parking lot we called the phone number we called to book it, and it was the front desk of the hotel we were at. Went back in and checked again. Nothing she gave us the phone numbers of other local hotels.

My husband asked to use the washroom and was told it was for guests!!!
We called around and all were full, didn't know where we were going to go. Had one more to call - super 8 thank goodness they had two rooms for us!

A few hours later on our road trip I got a call on my cell phone from the Travelodge asking me why we didn't show up for our reservations!!!
I explained out whole one hour episode the night earlier. The lady apologized.
Our credit cards better not be charged!

Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank daypassdel
Reviewed July 24, 2012

This was a good stop over for us. I have no complaints other than the front desk people did not seem to know too much about the city and directions. But that was a minor inconvenience because everything else was very good. Our room for two was spacious, very clean and comfy. The breakfast was good - the usual cereal, muffins, scrambled eggs and toast or bagels. The motel is especially easy to find if you are travelling north or south on the Redwood Highway. I enjoyed the pool and hot tub. The laundry facilities were also really appreciated. I would not hestitate to stay at this Travelodge again.

Room Tip: The rooms at the end of the building (for second storey) are right near the stairs and especially co...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2012

The hotel was what you would expect from a Travelodge: clean, convenient to the highway, but, as expected, with not much charm. If you are looking for a predictable place to spend the night, this is probably one of the best in town. What puts this hotel above your average Travelodge is the excellent bed, and having a microwave and a small fridge in the room. The breakfast was also fine (cereal, pastries, coffee). I didn't have a chance to check out the swimming pool or the hot tub.

Now, an indication of how good/bad a hotel really is is how the staff deals with problems. In my case, I pre-paid the room using Hotwire. The hotel had the reservation, but Hotwire failed to send the payment confirmation. In no way this was the hotel's fault but the frontdesk staff didn't allow me to check-in without charging my credit card. After a lot of back and forth, I decided to call Hotwire. It was unpleasant as this took a while and I was standing outside the night window in the cold. After talking to the Hotwire representative, Hotwire called the hotel and the staff changed like magic. They became super nice, apologized for the inconvenient, and quickly checked me. The following morning, they seek me to apologize again for the problem during check in. So even though the staff didn't handle the situation fine at the beginning, they did fix things and apologize profusely for the inconvenient even though it wasn't their fault.

Room Tip: For a quiet room, ask to be away from the highway.
Reviewed May 7, 2012

3 friends and i stayed here for the Hopland Passport weekend and the hotel was what we expected - clean and a good value. our room had two double beds and while the mattresses were comfy, the pillows were anything but. ironically enough, the pillow cases had either "soft" or "firm" embroidered on them but i found both of my firm pillows to be soft and lumpy. the same can be said for my soft pillows - soft and lumpy.

we spent a lot of time at the hot tub and it was large enough to fit 10-12 adults comfortably, a rare case for most hotels. the temp was just right. no complaints.

the hotel breakfast was all over the place. they had eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy, cereal, yogurt, toast and bagels. i found it to be an odd selection and none of it had good flavor so save your calories and go the Bluebird in Hopland.

i'd called the hotel to ask questions about the logistics for the weekend and they were really helpful. when we arrived, they had the reservation right and were efficient and quite nice. i'd go back.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

We stayed in a 2 King Bed Room with Jacuzzi. It was above the front reception area, so there wasn't any noise from other guests. There were three of us staying in the room, so it was nice to have an extra sink in the "kitchenette" area as well as a mirror. The other sink was located outside the bathroom with a large wall mirror as well. It certainly made it easy for getting ready. The room was very clean. I would certainly stay here again if I were traveling through and needed a place. It is easy, close access to the highway; however, I didn't really see much within walking distance if that is important to you.

Reviewed January 2, 2012

Entrance to the hotel is pleasant and the breakfast area is clean and of good size. The price was very reasonable, although I had to run out to my car to get my conformation receipt, to prove the rate I agreed to. Beds were clean and comfortable with plenty of pillows. The room had coffee, a convenient microwave and a nice sized refrigerator. We stayed in winter, so the pool wasn't practical, but the hot tub was bubbling. They also have onsite washers and dryers for customers, which was very convenient. The heater was also very quiet, but the neighbors weren't. The complimentary breakfast was competitive with the Hampton Inn, also in Ukiah, but the quantities were inconsistent. The staff was responsive, but not as friendly as we've encountered at other hotels. Other guests had large dogs, sometimes two in a room, that were not controlled by their owners (unleashed). Staff was not concerned with this problem. I was relieved that I didn't bring my toy dog, as I had unwillingly encountered two of these dogs. The room was clean, accept there was an odor that I believe was in the carpet, and there were cob webs in the corners of the ceiling, and our sink had cracks in it. The bathtub was large, a real treat for soaking, with a wonderful shower head, unfortunately, the toilet/bath area was a bit cramped. I slept well, but we awoke with swollen eyes and stuffy noses, which was not an issue at other hotels we stayed in during this trip.

Room Tip: All the rooms back up to Hwy101, however we didn't encounter a lot of noise from the freeway. Mo...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
travelodgeukiahca1, Webmaster at Travelodge Ukiah, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2016

Dear Guest,

Thanks for commenting. I’m truly sorry that you had an unpleasant experience with us because of some maintenance issues and other problems. We take providing a positive guest experience very seriously and sincerely apologize that we let you down. I hope you will forgive these problems and try us again as we change and improve. We get better every day.

Hotel Manager.