“The Best.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Walter Cafe
Ranked #17 of 97 Restaurants in Ukiah
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Formerly with Four Seasons from Marriot and Green Valley Ranch in Las Vegas, Chef/Manager Steve has an exquisite eye and palate for delivering quality cuisines from around the world to your table. Chef Steve loves his kitchen as he and his team prepare their specialties the right way, using the right ingredients every time.
Laytonville, California, United States
“The Best.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

Everything on the menue is artfully served. I LOVE this place.

Visited June 2012

San Francisco
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Walter Cafe has fabulous steaks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

My husband and I wanted red meat on this trip to Ukiah (Memorial Day weekend). The hotel recommended Walter Cafe, saying don't be afraid of the decor, everyone comes back raving. When we got to the room I checked the reviews and I was lukewarm about going. We decided to take the recommendation anyway. We're so glad we did. The decor was more oriental but the American meal was superb. I had filet mignon with potatoes au gratin and fresh vegetables. You could actually taste the vegetables...no garlic overpowering them. The filet was a perfect medium and the potatoes were amazing...my mouth is watering thinking about this meal. My husband had the prime rib with the same sides. He was very happy with his meal too. Walter Cafe is on our must visit list next time we're in Ukiah (once/month). We don't drink and our bill was $42.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
northern california
“LOVE THE MAI TAIS”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

Love love this place...the people running it while I'm there are usually b and Tom..he makes the greatest Mai Tais this side of the tropics...the food is really really good..i would say the only complaint I have is it could be a little more modern inside...

Visited May 2012
San Francisco, California
“Unique restaurant that serves American and Japanese food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2012

If you can't decide whether you want steak or sushi for dinner. Then Walter is a must visit as they serve both American and Japanese cuisine. We had their 12 oz rib eye steak, sushi followed by their homemade tarimisu. The steak was very tender and juicy. I did not think Ukiah would have fresh sushi. But the salmon and yellow tail was actually quite good. The quality can rival some of the better sushi restaurants I have eaten at in the Bay Area. Total cost for us was about $65 for two. Service was friendly and attentive.

Visited February 2012
Reno, Nevada
“Good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2012

Great selection and food was good on both occasions

Visited January 2012