“Always Good”

North State Cafe
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A little piece of Brazil in Ukiah.A nice new Lunch and Dinner menu serving traditional American Dishes as well as Brazilian Dishes and Daily Specials as well.We specialize in Gluten free Lunch and Dinner upon request knowing that we provide great portions in all of our delicious Meals.Please look at the menu and we are sure you will want to stop in and taste a fresh meal prepared especially for you.
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Every time I'm in town, I have lunch here with friends. One friend loves the French fries, while I'm partial to the Cole slaw made with Napa cabbage. I always get the chicken teriyaki sandwich, which is excellent. My friends get salads or sandwiches, and always enjoy their choices.

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

In town for 4 July weekend and as one would imagine it was very hot out. Appreciated the air-conditioned decor. First thing I wanted was a beer but there was none listed on the menu or on the wine menu.
Our server seemed very uninterested in his job and made no effort to be personable or engaging and that left an impression. My Santa Fe salad was very large but it was all of us and very little chicken and other toppings. The taste was fine but mostly lettuce. My companions pasta dish looked equally as lackluster and was mediocre on taste.
Would not return.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

A wonderful discovery. The salmon entree, with wild rice and fresh vegetables for dinner was superb. They have a very good list of reasonably priced local wines. The decor is warm and subtle. Very tastefully designed. The manager is friendly and the wait staff friendly and efficient. I was in Ukiah two nights on a trip to San Francisco. I am going to make a point of stopping in Ukiah on my way back home so I can have the salmon entree again.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

The bread and sauces are freshly made. Delicious!
Ate lunch on the way down to San Francisco and then dinner on the way back!

Reviewed December 7, 2012

I love the Cajun pasta here and they burgers are excellent (homemade buns) The soups and salads are alway good and they will make it your way! This is a great place for lunch or dinner and I enjoy the fresh food. The chicken sandwich is good ... I love the bacon!