“Best Burgers in Town”
Review of North State Cafe - CLOSED

North State Cafe
Cuisines: Brazilian, American, Italian
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: A little piece of Brazil in Ukiah.A nice new Lunch and Dinner menu serving traditional American Dishes as well as Brazilian Dishes and Daily Specials as well.We specialize in Gluten free Lunch and Dinner upon request knowing that we provide great portions in all of our delicious Meals.Please look at the menu and we are sure you will want to stop in and taste a fresh meal prepared especially for you.
Northern California
“Best Burgers in Town”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I love the burgers. The meat is not fatty and very tasty!

Visited March 2012

cheshire
“Could not be faulted”
Reviewed October 5, 2011

A great place to stop for lunch. The polenta that I had was perfect and the other members of the party were also very pleased with their meals. The service was excellent and it was reasonably priced. We loved the decor, clearly a lot of time and effort have been invested to make this an interesting and attractive place to eat.

1 Thank candirisk
Tahoe City, California
“Good Ukiah Restaurant”
Reviewed September 19, 2011

While Ukiah has some good restaurants I would not say they have exceptional restaurants. With that said I have not tried Patrona which get very good reviews. We had lunch at the North State Cafe and it was good. I had a small caesar and a bowl of tomato soup, my husband had a southwest salad, it was a good lunch and just the right size servings. We did split a flourless chocolate cake with strawberries and that was very good. This restaurant is one of the better restaurants in Ukiah. We travel to Ukiah for family and dine out once or twice each trip. Because of where we live, surrounded by very good restaurants I find that the restaurants in Ukiah that the locals find outstanding or very good are good or very good to me. I guess that sounds a little snooty, don't get me wrong I love Ukiah, it is a friendly beautiful small Northern California town, it has good restaurants just not great. You will enjoy your meal at the North State Street Cafe.

• Visited September 2011
san francisco
“Happily surprised”
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We stopped at this restaurant on the way to San Francisco from Eureka. I really didn't expect much, but the food was great. They have a nice varied menu with something for everyone, including some creative and delicious pastas. Our waitress was exceptionally friendly and efficient. The ice cream cake dessert was excellent. Will eat here again if we are in the area.

• Visited August 2011
Rio Rico, Arizona
“This was the best food we had here in Ukiah.”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Visiting Ukiah for a couple of weeks and it seemed we'd tried about every restaurant in town. We found this gem here on Tripadvisor and so glad we did. I had the calimari and my husband had the seafood pasta. Both meals were wonderful! The calimari steak was tender and delicious topped with a lovely light lemon and caper sauce with shrimp. The seafood pasta was also wonderful - spinach noodles served in an excellent cream sauce with fresh dill that was yummy. Veggies were fresh and cooked to perfection and the bread was also fresh. All priced very reasonably. Wish we'd found the North State Cafe a lot sooner.

• Visited July 2011