“Great building but food seemed to have slipped a bit in quality.”

The Grill at Antlers Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Twin Peaks
Cuisines: Grill
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
“Great building but food seemed to have slipped a bit in quality.”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We just love this place, and it is the third time back since the new ownership. The first time two years ago it was great, then the second time very good, and this last time so so. It seems that they are getting a tad bit lazy with the quality, and my filet mignon was cooked well but was a tad cold (just like the last time) and it had tons of butter on it, which is never good for a filet. My wife's food was good to but the fish was over cooked. I wish that they could just take it up the couple of notches that the owner seems to think is where his restaurant is, but unfortunately it is not, yet.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Tconv

Santa Ana
“The reviews are very accurate. This is the place to eat at Lake Arrowhead.”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I had never been to Lake Arrowhead and absolutely loved it. I was looking for a nice place to have dinner with the family before my children returned to college. I read the reviews on Trip Advisor and The Grill was listed as the number one restaurant on the list. I would recommend that you call first to make a reservation. I loved the inside of the restaurant and the owner greets you and takes you to your seat. I loved that they had a bar close to the tables as we were able to see the Dodger game from our seats. The waiter, Lindsay, was the coolest guy who made sure everyone was informed of the meals and made everyone feel comfortable. When you arrive at the restaurant make sure you ask for him as he knows his stuff. I asked him about the Sea Bass as I read a previous review that said it was fabulous. Lindsay said it was worth it and I would have to agree. I would say my wife's rosemary chicken gave a great battle for the meal of the night as the chicken had such a fantastic flavor. They marinate their chicken for 24 hours so the flavor is in every bite. If you order the entrée you receive a salad along with great bread. We happen to receive the bread right from the oven and truly enjoyed it. As you know it is very difficult to please teenagers and young adults at dinner and they all were very impressed. The barbecue chicken pizza was outstanding, the Tequila Fettucine is not your typical meal. It has a different taste that I had to try as my son said he felt as though he was in another country since it was soo good. I will say it is a little pricey, but was worth the expense. I think we will need to try the dessert on our next visit, but could not pull it off today. I hope the Grill becomes part of your dinner plans on your next visit to Lake Arrowhead.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank dmas6
Orange County, CA
“Unexpectedly Spectacular”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife and I were staying near Lake Arrowhead for our 25th Anniversary. We wanted this to be a memorable trip. The Grill at the Antlers Inn has made sure of that. The staff was very courteous and the overall feel of the restaurant made us feel very welcomed. We spilt the Asian Ahi Tuna salad which was recommended by our waitress. It was scrumptious. Who would think we could have such a great Ahi Tuna salad in the mountains. We also split the chicken penne pasta with Gorgonzola. It too was fantastic. Portions were large enou for us to split without leaving hungry. We will be back.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank sageOC
Huntington Beach, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Very surprised by this place. Everything was great, The staff, the food, the decor. The manager came out and made sure everything was ok with us. Its a must go

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank JCa2013
Palm Desert, California
“Outstanding”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I was under the impression that there were no restaurants worth getting excited about in the Lake Arrowhead area. I was wrong. The Grill is outstanding in ambiance, service and food. For dinner I ordered macadamia-crusted sea bass with watermelon and mango salsa that was wonderful. My friend had the grilled salmon and mentioned that it was the best salmon he has ever had. For dessert we shared the Chambord flourless chocolate cake with ganache. Again, a wonderful dish. Before we left the restaurant that evening we made a reservation for the following evening, and we were not disappointed on our second visit. We both ordered the Monday night special of Kobe burger and fries. As much as we were looking forward to trying another dessert, we just didn't have room for any more food. This is one restaurant that has truly earned a 5* rating.

• Visited July 2013