“Ready or not!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sierra at Tahoe

Sierra at Tahoe
More attraction details
Owner description: Skiers and riders of all skill levels find their niche at this popular ski area, which boasts more than 2,000 acres of exciting terrain.
Ewa Beach, HI
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Ready or not!”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I'm not a seasoned snowboarder (Green dot) but I must say that this place is not bad at all. I visited late in the season (end of March 2013) and the snow was a little hard in certain areas. On the easy rider hill, they groomed the hill which made it harder to dig a rail as the snow started to 'harden' up. It was almost like riding on cement when I fell a couple of times. But it was a good "easy" hill as it was wide and had a good elevation slope. Needless to say, I left the place battered and bruised.

I did go down the Sugar & Spice run which I thought was a little more challenging for a beginner like me. The run had proper signs posted in the areas to follow. Ski patrol representatives go down each run to ensure patrons are ok on the hill. The only thing that I didn't like about the run was where it merged with the more advanced runs. The intersection area I thought were dangerous in a sense that there were other skiers/snowboards flying it down with no regards even though there are "slow down" signs in the area.

I also lost a shoe and my shades on the run and went to check with the Lost and Found Security, they said nothing was turned in. Well, two days later, I went back to the mountain and checked again and the very helpful girl immediately knew what I was talking about and promptly returned the belongings to me. How nice was that?

Overall, I think this is a great place for beginners/intermediate boarders. if you get up to the peak of the mountain, the runs are about 15 - 20 mins long. The staff on-site was very helpful and knowledgable. The rental shop was on point. Nothing really bad to say about this place.

Dallas, Texas, United States
“bad experience”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We have skied many places before, this is the worst. First of all, their website does not work. Called, left voice mails and emailed, never got any response back. Came to tickets, ladies there is not helpful and not friendly. Same with rental places.
All of us (3 families) agreed this the worst place and will never go back again.

Sacramento, California
73 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 130 helpful votes
“Get the Snowbomb deal if you can!”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

This is a pretty good ski resort not too far from South Lake Tahoe. If you can, try to get the annual Snowbomb deal, especially half price through Groupon.com. For just $75 I got one lift tix (Sun-Thurs use only) from four diff resorts (Sierra, Homewood, Bear, China Peak), 1 day equipment rental from 2 diff places (one in SLT and the other in Sac), a two nite stay at the Grand Sierra Resort in Reno, and some other items as well! The weekday lift tix at Sierra costs $79 alone! I would also suggest you check the weather reports before you ski. I skied at Sierra Mon and Tues 3/18-19/13. Each day the easy/intermediate slopes got a bit slushy by early afternoon. So its best to be there right when the lifts open at 9am and maybe you might call it a day by 1-2pm as I did. The small lodge at the top of the mountain has great views of Lake Tahoe and surrounding mountains, so either bring a small camera or use your phone to take a few pictures assuming its clear enough.

New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“The Best Riding in Tahoe”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Sierra at Tahoe is an amazing mountain with awesome terrain parks, Really good food, easy access, an all around great experience!

Visited February 2013
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Easy Slopes, Pretty Location”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Was a great day! Easy slopes, chair lifts move pretty fast and efficiently. Staff was great and can't beat these prices!

Visited February 2013