“Great Little Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Twain Harte
Aptos, California
“Great Little Hotel”
Reviewed November 30, 2008

I has able to get reservations for Thanksgiving day by calling the hotel directly. My holiday plans had changed a few days before Thanksgiving and I needed to be in Twain Harte on that day. I called the hotel and was very lucky to have been able to get a room(given the size of this cute town, I really didn't think I was going to have much luck!). The lady on the phone was very nice and helpful. We arrived in Twain Harte about 11:00 and we were able to check into our room even though check in wasn't until 3:00! This is a family run property and even the kids were helping by cleaning the rooms. They really do a good job here. The rooms were spotless and the beds were very comfortable. The rooms did have a little musty smell but hey, that didn't bother us a bit. I always carry some kind of travel room freshener just in case. Not a big deal. The only thing it was missing was no hairdryer! Don't know if you can get one at the desk, but good thing I brought my own! Other than that one small thing, I would not hesitate staying here again or recommending the Wildwood Inn to friends.

• Liked — location, price, friendly
  • Disliked — no hairdryer
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Polish first
Fairbanks
Reviewed October 26, 2008

I was visiting family and had just come from Alaska, via Sacramento. Got Lost! When I called the owners, Leta and Vic guided me right to their excellent hotel. It was late, but they got me settled in quickly and I got the sleep I needed. The next day they suggested places for me to go ( the trails, towns, historical ditch, Forestry Viewing area, etc) that made the trip really fantastic! All of the restaurants they suggested were extremely good and enjoyable, my family joined me and we had a great time! I would highly recommend a stay at this very nice hotel. Tthe pool, period furniture and excellent support the staff gave me was truly worth the long trip!

Stayed August 2007
Hayward
Reviewed September 16, 2008

We just stayed at the Wildwood Inn in the quaint town of Twain Harte this past weekend and found our room to be spotlessly clean and the beds quite comfortable. The wood furniture added to old west ambiance without forgoing comfort.

We also found our hosts to be quite accomodating, allowing us to enjoy the hot tub after the posted hours. We had a long day and needed the down time to quietly relax.

Hayward, CA

• Liked — LOcation and cleanliness
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed September 2, 2008

I work in Twain Harte twice a year and have stayed at the Wildwood Inn for many years. Since the new owners Vic and Aleta have taken over, it just gets amazingly better every year. All of the furniture, towel racks and every detail have been handmade by the owners. Even beautiful lodge pole benches to sit outside your room and enjoy the view of the pool, flowers and the forest. The rooms have new beds, coffee maker, microwave and frig. Wow, it use to be very run down and I was considering not staying there anymore before Vic and Aleta purchased it. The pool area is landscaped with beautiful flowers and the pool and hot tub are always nice and clean, such a pleasure to take a hot tub and swim after a hard days work. They even have nice big plush pool towels. So nice to be able to just park your vehicle for the weekend and walk to all of the shops and restuarants. Great JOB Vic and Aleta! Thanks will be back next year.

• Liked — Clean, comfortable beds, have all the amenities, great pool and hot tub, can walk every place from hotel
  • Disliked — nothing I can think of
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Los Banos, CA
Reviewed August 5, 2008

We have two young girls who loved swimming in the pool. We found the room very comfortable and we really liked the cabin decor.

• Liked — Lots of recreational opportunities in the area.
  • Disliked — na
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
bay area
Reviewed June 22, 2008

We found Wildwood Inn to be a very nice hotel in a handy location of Twain Harte. There are restaurants, shops, and a miniature golf course close by. Our room was clean and comfortable. We liked having cable tv, a coffee maker and frig in the room. To cool off the rooms have air conditioning and they have a pool. We are looking forward to staying there again next time we visit Twain Harte.

• Liked — A cute town to visit, fun things to do.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
Reviewed June 14, 2008

My wife and I just returned from a very pleasant stay at the Wildwood Inn. The room was comfortable and spotless, with AC, cable TV, fridge, microwave, and great wood furniture. Pool was refreshing, price reasonable, and location central to everything. But, best of all, were the innkeepers, Vic and Aleta and their advice about places to see and some mountain bike paths (also listed on their website www.wildwoodinn.com). For a hike or bike ride don't miss the nearby peacefull, shaded, incredible, meandering Tuolumne Ditch!

• Liked — service and things to do in the are
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Long Barn Lodge
Long Barn Lodge
#1 of 1 in Long Barn
McCaffrey House Bed and Breakfast Inn

Been to Wildwood Inn? Share your experiences!