“Drive on By”

Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Sonora, California
“Drive on By”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Sad to say but this is one restaurant that I can not recommend. Flies buzzing our head, someone mopping the attached banquet? room with disinfectant cleanser creating an unpleasant odor. Salad was good and served quickly. Was told it was a good thing I wanted mashed potatoes because that is all they had (except I saw fries on other diners plates). Vegetables sliced round carrot chucks with sliced zucchini chunks not sure how they were cooked (i like my vegetables a la dente) but these were just ??? I don't know what to say about them. Ordered med steak, after one hour wait, came to table raw and cold. Salmon was okay. Thought about leaving after salad but decided to wait...a mistake. Unappealing presentation. Maybe if the prices were $6 to $8 lower it would justify the meals.
Service, though, is excellent. BUT would I recommend this restaurant to someone for lunch or dinner...NO...
I didn't go into the bar area but if you are just stopping for a beer...maybe

• Visited July 2012

Oakland, CA
“They should call the owner "Johnny Rotten"”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We went to Kelly's on St. Patrick's Day after our kids reported their ski instructor Johnny "Action" told them the place had the best meals on the mountain. We suffered through tepid and overly-salty corned beef and cabbage, greasy fried zucchini, and clam chowder seasoned with dill; the bison-burger wasn't bad but wasn't especially good either. When we read that Johnny "Action" Robben is actually a part owner, we felt that we'd been deceived.

Visited March 2012